cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR. hmm trust or not trust.

The dilemma for me is that I know USPS can do a poor job at delivery. (I get a ton of other people's mail).

Anyways, USPS did delivery with Parcel Select so no insurance, but insurance doesn't really matter since the tracking shows 'Delivered'.

They are pushing that they never got it regardless of what tracking says.

I contacted USPS and the supervisor told me he asked the normal carrier and they fully Believe it got delivered correctly.

I know I will win the INR. But I don't know if I should.

For context the item is around $120 camera drone.

I advised them to go to their local PO and talk to the supervisor.

I feel if they are being honest then it could have been porch pirates maybe.

I feel kinda dirty to win INR.

If it was lower value not that $120 is high value I'd probably just eat it to make them happy.

Message 1 of 40
latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

I reads on a few few comments so this may have already been determined and excepted. But you shouldn’t be bad at all to win an item not received claim. Sellers have one main job to do and that’s to get the right auction in the same condition that it was auction off and sold for two that person’s property from there. There’s no way that we should hold any level of responsibility for property security.  Porch pirates are rampant. That’s buyers issues that they should be up in arms about with their city council, police force,  neighborhood watch and if nothing else making the best reasonable calls on how packages are handled when arriving to their homes. 
Not like us sellers aren’t also buyers that have that exact same responsibility for our house deliveries. 
They need to grow the f up and take responsibility for their own problems. While maybe not their fault some a hole stole from them. It’s an a hole that then blames someone else is to blame and must foot the bill.

Message 16 of 40
latest reply

And I swear my phone hates me….”I reads on a few few comments”!!  What D.

Message 17 of 40
latest reply

Lol

I agree, sellers shouldn't be responsible for porch pirates.

But there is a chance that it wasn't delivered and seller responsibility is to get the item to buyer.

He is kinda annoyed that the item didn't have insurance since it was delivered with Parcel Select. But I keep trying to get him to understand that insurance wouldn't matter because it is 'Delivered' and insurance would only matter if it never got delivery scan.

Message 18 of 40
latest reply

Parcel Select Discontinued 

Eliminating Parcel Select Lightweight January 2024

Effective January 21, 2024, Parcel Select Lightweight (PSLW)will be eliminated; all handling, attributes, and requirements will no longer exist or be available. Parcel Select (PS) will be enhanced to include pricing at 4, 8, and 12 ounces. Packages at the 15.999 ounces will be available as Negotiated Service Agreement (NSA) only. Shippers with questions related to the handling, comingling, minimum piece counts, label requirements and/or disposition of pieces previously shipped PSLW should reference the Domestic Mail Manual (DMM). In short, characteristics associated with PS will now apply to what was previously PSLW, as well. USPS will grant a grace period to allow customers to exhaust existing stock of preprinted shipping labels and to comply with requirements for proper label elements such as the Service Icon, Service Banner and Service Type Code (STC). The grace period will end March 31, 2024.

Just a matter of time before the rest goes away.

Message 19 of 40
latest reply

Let me explain.

As a purchasable service, yes Parcel Select has been discontinued.

However, Parcel Select still exists as a service for example UPS's agreement.

UPS Ground Saver is an economy shipping service that provides $100 dollar insurance to the USPS PO, however once it gets accepted by the USPS it has no insurance. In order for this to happen the USPS uses Parcel Select.

I can show you many screen shots of brand new Parcel Select deliveries.

But yes me and you cannot purchase Parcel Select labels, however it's still a used service for delivery.

Message 20 of 40
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

Lol

I agree, sellers shouldn't be responsible for porch pirates.

But there is a chance that it wasn't delivered and seller responsibility is to get the item to buyer.

He is kinda annoyed that the item didn't have insurance since it was delivered with Parcel Select. But I keep trying to get him to understand that insurance wouldn't matter because it is 'Delivered' and insurance would only matter if it never got delivery scan.

But you DID fulfill your responsibility. Your package got to the destination city and in fact, has tracking showing a delivery scan. At that point, it becomes the buyer's problem, especially after your having gone above and beyond and speaking to the postmaster in the buyer's location who states that it was delivered to the correct address. 

Although dishonest sellers who employ fake tracking scams are another story for another day, that's NOT the case here and you need to let it go.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 21 of 40
latest reply

New development.

How should I take this.

This is in response to your inquiry regarding your mail delivery service. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I called you to discuss your service issue and informed you that I have reviewed your service request and see that your item was delivered, and it was put in the mailbox. The GPS Scan location of the carrier’s scanner location shows that it was scanned at the wrong location. After talking to the carrier, they stated that it was scanned there but delivered to the correct location. The carrier also stated that he went to the address and asked them if they were missing a package, and no one knew who he was talking about. I have printed out the information to discuss with the carrier tomorrow. Thanks, and have a great day.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. I have provided my contact information below should you have any further questions.

Message 22 of 40
latest reply

Don't feel bad.

Not your fault.

You did everything right.

Take the "win".

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 23 of 40
latest reply

All you need to do is add tracking into the INR case and you will win. Once an item shows delivery your job as a seller is done. 
It is the buyer's responsibility to ensure a safe location for their deliveries. 

Message 24 of 40
latest reply

But the gps shows wrong location as I showed in my last post.

Simply becsuse it shows delivery shouldn't mean I should win.

I know I can win.

But that isn't the point.

However the fact the carrier actually asked about a missing package at the address and they denied anything missing makes me think I'm dealing with a scammer.

Message 25 of 40
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

Yes. I agree.

New information.

Talking to the supervisor at their Local PO they said the carrier asked the people at the address if they had any delivery issues and they told them no. While the buyer told me they went to the PO and reported the issue, though the supervisor said he has gotten no reports.

That's pretty sus.

Yes, it is suspect.

I had a message from a buyer asking me to open a case against a non-delivered (but it was scanned delivered) package for $255 USD. The buyer had offered me $30 to cancel the auction and sell to him, then he bid it up to $255. Very suspect.

He said he opened a case on his end, but I found out when I opened my case that the report info would be part of the tracking, and mine was the only one there.

If your buyer didn't actual open a case with USPS, and you're talking to multiple people who tell you the same thing, win the INR.

On that note, I have refunded on occasion a "delivered" package when I trusted the buyer. Trusting the buyer is based on my screening to determine the likelihood that I'm being scammed. I decide on a case by case basis with the evidence I have, and since my evidence goes back 10 years in searchable archive... you'd be surprised what I find out if someone tried to pull one over on me twice.

C.

Message 26 of 40
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

New development.

How should I take this.

This is in response to your inquiry regarding your mail delivery service. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I called you to discuss your service issue and informed you that I have reviewed your service request and see that your item was delivered, and it was put in the mailbox. The GPS Scan location of the carrier’s scanner location shows that it was scanned at the wrong location. After talking to the carrier, they stated that it was scanned there but delivered to the correct location. The carrier also stated that he went to the address and asked them if they were missing a package, and no one knew who he was talking about. I have printed out the information to discuss with the carrier tomorrow. Thanks, and have a great day.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. I have provided my contact information below should you have any further questions.

Tell the buyer you are looking into it and will notify him of any updates. That will buy you time while USPS sorts out this mess.

If it's scanned at the wrong location, I wouldn't trust that it made it's way to the right location.

C.

Message 27 of 40
latest reply

@robbie31415 wrote:

But the gps shows wrong location as I showed in my last post.

Simply becsuse it shows delivery shouldn't mean I should win.

I know I can win.

But that isn't the point.

However the fact the carrier actually asked about a missing package at the address and they denied anything missing makes me think I'm dealing with a scammer.

I would call the buyer on that fact and ask why he's denying missing a package to the mail carrier if he says he didn't get yours. I always let a scammer know that I know things, then I'd win the INR, and the scammer will probably go away.

You have a very valid point with this (possibly being a scammer). If I had all the sales info I could take a guess on what the odds are you're dealing with a scammer, or are you dealing with an "opportune scammer" who only scams when he has the opportunity to do it and get away with it. Your opportune scammer is not your regular scammer that goes on eBay to scam items, he sees the opportunity to get a free item and acts on it because he lacks moral compass.

C.

Message 28 of 40
latest reply

That response is what I got from a ticket with USPS.

The Supervisor and Post Master both believe it was delivered correctly.

They have closed the ticket as resolved due to successful delivery.

That gps bring wrong which technically is only actual evidence is super sus.

The only evidence of actual successful delivery is testimonial.

Message 29 of 40
latest reply

Odd that I’ve never heard any others talk about parcel select still being used by USPS with no insurance coverage.  Are you saying our labels using ground advantage are bogus with no insurance?

Message 30 of 40
latest reply