cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR case, tracking shows delivered - Money on hold for 4-5 Business Days??

I had a buyer open a INR case yesterday. This buyer purchased the same item twice, one one day another the following day. Both items were sent via USPS Priority Mail and shows as delivered (first package on 12th, 2nd package on the 14th). Buyer also left feedback for the item opened INR case on as "A+ Seller".... 

On the case, buyer says they received one but not the other, they were away, further, say they "don't think they got the other" - again, tracking shows as delivered. I enter the tracking into the case, and explain tracking shows delivered for the item case opened + the 2nd item with tracking # in the comments. These kind of claims were always an open and shut case, tracking shows delivered, case closed in seller favor.  

I call ebay and they tell me case can't close, even though they agree ebay will hold my money for 4-5 biz days for the case to close. Kinda absurd for INR case where the tracking is proof buyer received the item(s). 

tyler@ebay  velvet@ebay  why exactly can ebay not close this case and they hold my money for 4-5 days + another day to re-process those funds + another day to be paid out = A week - for a INR case where the tracking clearly shows as delivered + buyer feedback. 

I wrote in the case to buyer that tracking shows and they acknowledged tracking shows delivered and that my obligation was completed. Their issue is with USPS and possible mail theft in which they need to file a report with USPS and their local police dept  if in fact they didn't get packages/mail that was delivered while they were away. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: INR case, tracking shows delivered - Money on hold for 4-5 Business Days??

@bbravo65 wrote:

@nuclearomen 

...when buyer opened an INR case, after you respond with tracking information, buyer has 3 days to respond to your submission...at the 4th day, if no responses from buyer, you have to contact eBay to step in to close the INR case...about two days later your funds will be released...

...that was how my INR cases were resolved...

...eBay grabs your monies fast, but hesitates in giving back to you...(I can see teardrops and hear long sigh from San Jose...)

appears this is what is happened, ebay saying they can't close the case that the "system" won't let them. The buyer opened the case yesterday, within 30 min I responded, entered tracking (which beyond dumb, ebay already has the tracking on the order) added comments (twice) buyer is MIA, no response, ebay CS = useless. 

Message 16 of 148
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

@bbravo65 wrote:

@nuclearomen 

...when buyer opened an INR case, after you respond with tracking information, buyer has 3 days to respond to your submission...at the 4th day, if no responses from buyer, you have to contact eBay to step in to close the INR case...about two days later your funds will be released...

...that was how my INR cases were resolved...

...eBay grabs your monies fast, but hesitates in giving back to you...(I can see teardrops and hear long sigh from San Jose...)

appears this is what is happened, ebay saying they can't close the case that the "system" won't let them. The buyer opened the case yesterday, within 30 min I responded, entered tracking (which beyond dumb, ebay already has the tracking on the order) added comments (twice) buyer is MIA, no response, ebay CS = useless. 

I've had close to 200 INR's in the past 18 months and, until now, I don't recall ever having to wait over 24 hours to get an INR closed in favor of the seller once tracking shows the item was/is delivered.

There's nothing for anyone to "review" - to the best of my knowledge, there's literally nothing that can revert a 'delivered' status, so why the 4-Day wait all of the sudden? Especially on INR's for items that were delivered before the case was even opened?

Again with the foreboding over here, but I sense there will be something in the fall update that addresses the seller delivery scams, something that allows buyers to verify the address or something. Obviously, this is only speculation on my part, but I can't think of a more 'Classic eBay' way to address such an issue. 

Message 17 of 148
latest reply

@nuclearomen 

...although eBay already had the tracking info. in their system, they still demand sellers to respond to the INR case by uploading the tracking number again, which I consider "wasteful"...why don't their system just automatically reject buyer request if the tracking record was shown "delivered"...what else does eBay want besides "delivered"...?...even with USPS, if the package was recorded "delivered" to the correct address then any complaints from customers will be stroked out, good luck to convince managers or supervisors...they might provide the footage of time delivery to prove that mail carriers indeed fulfilled their duties...their final helpful is suggesting customers to either contact the senders or sellers to resend another package, or file report with police department and postal inspection...that's it...!

...would eBay consider the fees that sellers paid should be used to upgrade eBay's system in this particular INR filing to eliminate wasteful time of both sellers and buyers...?...perhaps not...!!!

Message 18 of 148
latest reply

@popblox 

...I still have some messages from eBay when closing INR case in my favor...I wish I could post them here to prove my point...but that how I have been dealing step-by-step alongside with eBay in this particular matter...

...the nearest case was closed on May 01, 2021...

Message 19 of 148
latest reply

@bbravo65 wrote:

@nuclearomen 

...although eBay already had the tracking info. in their system, they still demand sellers to respond to the INR case by uploading the tracking number again, which I consider "wasteful"...why don't their system just automatically reject buyer request if the tracking record was shown "delivered"...what else does eBay want besides "delivered"...?...even with USPS, if the package was recorded "delivered" to the correct address then any complaints from customers will be stroked out, good luck to convince managers or supervisors...they might provide the footage of time delivery to prove that mail carriers indeed fulfilled their duties...their final helpful is suggesting customers to either contact the senders or sellers to resend another package, or file report with police department and postal inspection...that's it...!

it's like  i said with second rep talked to today who said that they would need to confirm with carrier...what? Hello, idiot, did I mention the tracking states DELIVERED - what else do you expect to have "confirmed" - the tracking is the confirmation, that IS the policy, case closed, return my money! Buyer claims they "don't think" it was delivered, but tracking confirms it, they left feedback on the item, that confirms delivery, seller obligation complete. Are they missing package? Idk, likely not, even so not my issue, did they file a police report? Did they open case with USPS for mail tampering? No, OK, Yes, OK, whatever, still not my problem, again, return my money! 

...would eBay consider the fees that sellers paid should be used to upgrade eBay's system in this particular INR filing to eliminate wasteful time of both sellers and buyers...?...perhaps not...!!!

LOL... HELL NO! First off, ebay makes billions a year, billions that they don't even use to make a better company, instead they invest most of their billions into other companies, especially advertising companies and money processing companies but not their primary company EBAY. They don't need our fees to pay a or a team of professional and credible web designers (not their joke interns who spend all their time f-i-ng the site up) to create a simple (and i do mean simple) program to auto check and close INR cases by checking tracking information. Aside, they already have this system in place, on your orders page where the order is next to the item it states either "shipped month/day" or "delivered month/day" - they can pay programmer for an hour of work on their f-n own for that to apply to the INR cases system they have in place...basically all that is copy and paste code they already have in operation. 

Message 20 of 148
latest reply

@popblox wrote:

I've had close to 200 INR's in the past 18 months and, until now, I don't recall ever having to wait over 24 hours to get an INR closed in favor of the seller once tracking shows the item was/is delivered.

There's nothing for anyone to "review" - to the best of my knowledge, there's literally nothing that can revert a 'delivered' status, so why the 4-Day wait all of the sudden? Especially on INR's for items that were delivered before the case was even opened?

Again with the foreboding over here, but I sense there will be something in the fall update that addresses the seller delivery scams, something that allows buyers to verify the address or something. Obviously, this is only speculation on my part, but I can't think of a more 'Classic eBay' way to address such an issue. 

Same, that's what I'm saying, this whole wait for system (or whatever) excuse if just simply stupid, most idiotic thing I've heard. These case types have always close at instance of a phone call. 

As for seller update. Sure something will be coming, and i'm pretty confident that whatever change will be will be in the wrong direction - against seller protections. That is always their agenda and the more they make these type of choices the more sellers leave and refuse to do business on the platform. It's just like CCC chargeback and they way they handle them. They are not the merchant, they handled no product, responsible for no product yet the merchant (seller) is closed out of the entire process while ebay chooses (chooses, is key word here) to just bend over, spread and accept charge back with a big happy smile and not fight in any way, shape, or form, for their sellers, whom they make their money from. 

I seen once, one time, one seller update about 2 years ago where they protected the seller in good way, then following seller update they complete took those protections away and reversed them. Being the next update is xmas season update and the one they always make worst decisions possible, can expect certain disappointment.  

Message 21 of 148
latest reply

I tried to do a refund on that insufficient address INR and got this error. I tried clearing my cache, signing out and back in, etc. Incidentally, still no response from eBay after 2 full days on the other one.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 11.44.08.png

I couldn't agree more with you about what's to come, I don't think it's a coincidence that these INR's have somewhat of a 'beta testing' glitchy vibe (from what was a previously effortless process).

Message 22 of 148
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

@popblox wrote:

Same, that's what I'm saying, this whole wait for system (or whatever) excuse if just simply stupid, most idiotic thing I've heard. These case types have always close at instance of a phone call. 

As for seller update. Sure something will be coming, and i'm pretty confident that whatever change will be will be in the wrong direction - against seller protections. That is always their agenda and the more they make these type of choices the more sellers leave and refuse to do business on the platform. It's just like CCC chargeback and they way they handle them. They are not the merchant, they handled no product, responsible for no product yet the merchant (seller) is closed out of the entire process while ebay chooses (chooses, is key word here) to just bend over, spread and accept charge back with a big happy smile and not fight in any way, shape, or form, for their sellers, whom they make their money from. 

I seen once, one time, one seller update about 2 years ago where they protected the seller in good way, then following seller update they complete took those protections away and reversed them. Being the next update is xmas season update and the one they always make worst decisions possible, can expect certain disappointment.  

I hope you are wrong, but you seem to know when these changes are looming, so guess not.

We need clarity in several areas.  I have concerns the clarity will be to further work against a Seller vs assist as you also believe.

I readied 2 boxes yesterday for FBA.  Really would prefer to sell here, it is cheaper.  But lately keeping up with the blocking and tackling is another PT job in itself.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 23 of 148
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

I hope you are wrong, but you seem to know when these changes are looming, so guess not.

We need clarity in several areas.  I have concerns the clarity will be to further work against a Seller vs assist as you also believe.

I readied 2 boxes yesterday for FBA.  Really would prefer to sell here, it is cheaper.  But lately keeping up with the blocking and tackling is another PT job in itself.  

I hope so too, usually the case, but almost always I face disappointment. And no, I don't know, I don't have those kind of inside scoop privilege's, just my experience and time on ebay and seller updates. But mention clarity and well that for sure isn't going to happen. Who ever writes the updates out do a better job with confusion then clarity, the speech and terminologies used are more trivial then the subject they try to explain.   

Message 24 of 148
latest reply

@popblox wrote:

I tried to do a refund on that insufficient address INR and got this error. I tried clearing my cache, signing out and back in, etc. Incidentally, still no response from eBay after 2 full days on the other one.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 11.44.08.png

I couldn't agree more with you about what's to come, I don't think it's a coincidence that these INR's have somewhat of a 'beta testing' glitchy vibe (from what was a previously effortless process).

oh, I missed this didn't have notification...anyways, I got this message also with the current case and I did nothing but try to enter the "see details" again...then I retried again and was able to enter...likely cause the case is still open but I just assumed it was another ebay site glitch and though nothing of it really. Is the case you mention still open or did it close? 

Message 25 of 148
latest reply

UPDATE: Got Ebay to put in a request for the case to close today... waiting on email confirmation. Every rep I talked to about this agrees that the case should close but ebay made changes to their system that won't allow them to do so anymore. The rep I talked to today said they have to put in a request for it to close early now...completely absurd but at least it's a start... i guess. 

Message 26 of 148
latest reply

I waited almost 2 months get a case closed. The buyer opened a return. We sent the return label immediately. Kept checking the tracking... crickets. Messaged the buyer, more crickets. Ebay sends an email, Buyer has until May 12th to ship the item back to us. 6 days after the 12th, I contact ebay to close the case as it wasn't closing out on its own. 4, yes four, different CSR all told me that they aren't allowed to closed cases early and that I shouldn't be asking to close a case early.

I repeatedly asked how is 6 days after the final date for the buyer to ship considered early. I tried the FB page and received the same - that I was asking to close a case early! Talk about feeling like you're going crazy. I finally got someone to get a supervisor to contact me (email, chat, phone anything would do). After riding the Closing a Case Early merry-go-round with this supervisor, she finally said that ebay "tells the buyers a certain date, but they really have more time". Seriously? I suggested that since they are a business and we pay them, they might want to consider that accuracy is considered an attribute. Or they could at least provide accurate info to the sellers if they feel they just have to give false info to the buyer. So ebay had our money for a little over 2 months after we shipped the order.

I have to say that the CSR are only as capable as the company allows them to be. Give the reps access to info and empower them to resolve issues. If a bot could have answered my question, I wouldn't be contacting them.

Message 27 of 148
latest reply

@cstpos 
The cases between us are different. It sounds like your customer received the item and opened a case for a return, where you sent them a return a label (and paid for it) but the buyer never sent the item back. My case was buyer opened a INR (Item Not Received) where the tracking confirms the item was delivered. In this situation, the case should close automatically because the tracking is the confirmation and the policy. But instead, ebay has made it for a case to stay open for 4-5 whatever biz days...for no reason what so ever. Tracking confirms item was received. If the item wasn't confirmed delivered I would had just refunded the buyers money and case would close that way. 

Buyers have habit of opening return requests and not then not responding nor sending item back...what's the point of opening request if they are not going to return the item? Waste of sellers and buyers time, but especially for seller who gets money pulled by ebay from their MP account. Understand why ebay does it, but their "process" for some of these needs to change, instead they seem to be treating every one the same way and well there is no need for that with cases like INR when the tracking confirms delivery. 

As for reps, yes, it is true that they are confined to what ebay allows them to do. But there is no excuse for reps not knowing the policies or having to call repeatedly go through 3-4-5... reps till you get one that actually helps, or tries to help. The generic help of telling people about the "system" is what needs to change - i don't care about your "system" I care about doing what is right and should be done and doing it in a timely fashion and manner, not waiting til Sep 2nd (for this case) for their "system" to close it out on it's own, that is absurd for INR case where the item was received. 

Message 28 of 148
latest reply

Did they (CS) indicate "why" there is no longer a mechanism to close one early?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 29 of 148
latest reply

i have similar issue with INR, they put that case for 10 days more even tracking shows its delivered, its weird.

Message 30 of 148
latest reply