cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I quit. What else do I have to do after I delete all my items.

It pains me to quit eBay after selling on here for 20 plus years.  But I don't like all the changes and all the complaints about them surely back up my decision to quit.   I'll let everyone who is staying battle it out with the changes and also competing with China that charge less to sell something than I had to pay for shipping alone.  Pitiful.  So I just deleted all my items.  Is there anything else I have to do to no longer be a seller .... but remain a buyer, maybe?   Thanks.

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: I quit. What else do I have to do after I delete all my items.

Wait until you get error messages when trying to post.... they have a way of silencing us with that feature.  Or perhaps it is just glitch #477 in the past two days;)

Message 46 of 58
latest reply

I'm glad you, and many others are not bothered by the differences or have had any problems.  Some I could work through but I surely didn't want to give out my SS#, etc., with all the scammers and hackers that seem to be taking over the world. 

Message 47 of 58
latest reply

@luckykey3 

It saddens me to see yet another long time, 100% feedback, seller of diverse and interesting items leave this platform.

…May the wind be always at your back…

Message 48 of 58
latest reply

@sandyb44 wrote:

Been here since 1998.....just got a deduction of $155 for shipping labels that i bought in February, March, April.  Just the international ones....the ones that i paid for before i could print them out.  Spent the whole day on the phone with different reps from ebay.  My case will be escalated.  NOT.  During Christmas, spent the entire week on the phone with ebay reps....somehow, all my items were being shipped for free...a glitch in their system.  Spent a week on the phone with ebay in February for the exact same thing with one additional problem..it was changing the prices of my listings...It would duplicate a listing at  a revised price!!! All these glitches are from managed payments.  Just because you have not had problems, does not mean you will not have problems...and when you do, you will experience the joys of a company that will give you the run around because they themselves do not know what is going on or how to fix it....

I believe you and i can understand how frustrating it must have been.  But how can you say that these glitches were caused my managed payments?  You can't possibly know that.  Sure it's easy to blame something you  don't like.  Glitches will happen with or without managed payments.  

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 49 of 58
latest reply

@sandyb44 wrote:

I have been selling on ebay since 1998 and i did not sleep all night feeling like shutting it down too...A couple days ago i had a small payout....and the next morning, i went to print a shipping label and had a negative $155... it was for international shipping labels from Feb, march and april.....spent the whole day on the phone with different reps....who said i never paid for the labels....so that means when i click to buy a label...and it is automatically deducted from my available funds,  it is all in my imagination...the reps went thru my ebay invoices and said....nope, i never paid...so not only am i getting double billed on the shipping labels, but the transactions have also eliminated the receipts, my proof, that i paid.  I am not sure if it is a rogue employee who has developed a way of screwing us out of our money or if i am literally going crazy and i am not actually paying for the shipping labels.....in any case, it is time to quit selling....if i cant keep track of my money, it is not worth selling.  

International shipping is different.  If you are using the Standard International shipping program your MP account is NOT charged right away and never has been.  They don't charge our accounts until after it arrives at the Ebay facility that checks it and forwards it on to the buyer.  

I know it happened to me too.  And I'm sure lots of other sellers.  It is easy to forget we haven't yet paid for these fees with the way Ebay processes the charges whether you are in MP or not.  The process is the same.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 50 of 58
latest reply

@sunrize33 wrote:

Wait until you get error messages when trying to post.... they have a way of silencing us with that feature.  Or perhaps it is just glitch #477 in the past two days;)

Clearly you are able to post so more likely the issue was created while they are making some corrections / changes to the forums.

Message 51 of 58
latest reply

@luckykey3 wrote:

I'm glad you, and many others are not bothered by the differences or have had any problems.  Some I could work through but I surely didn't want to give out my SS#, etc., with all the scammers and hackers that seem to be taking over the world. 

@luckykey3 

I don't think that is at all what he was saying.  For many sellers, millions of them, the money they make on Ebay is important enough to learn how to adapt to going into MP.  For some sellers with tighter cash flow than others, it is a real problem for the delay in getting money.  For others waiting a few days isn't going to cripple them or make them want to leave a site they are profitable on.  

But to say we aren't "bothered" isn't really fair.  There are absolutely stuff in MP that needs to improve.  There is no way around that.  MP has grown in the 3 years it has been on the site and it will continue to grow and change in the coming years.  

FYI, MP is NOT REQUIRING your full SSN, they only need the last four digits.  

Message 52 of 58
latest reply

@redds1955 wrote:

The horror stories I have read about them holding up payments, messing up payments etc PLUS the HORRIBLE **bleep** we have to go thru to just list and sell an item and you really have the nerve to ask that?

FYI there are other places to sell our stuff.  Buh Bye Felicia!

I could say the same to you if I were ten years old.  My question was legitimate and didn't take nerve at all.  I was only addressing those leaving due to waiting longer for their payouts.   There are plenty of things about ebay and MP that I'm not fond of, but for me leaving and not receiving any money is far worse than waiting a few extra days.  I merely asked how that was preferable.

Message 53 of 58
latest reply

@mobley120 

@sunking1 

that question has been answered thousands of times, the doom and gloom crew just doesn’t like the answers.  

but, I’ll answer it:

1) the vast majority of buyers on eBay are great - bad buyers aren’t a significant problem to most of us; the percentage is so small that you can add a bad-buyer premium in your listing price calculations.

2) sellers are wise to avoid items that are targets for scammers - none of us say that eBay is great for selling anything and everything 

seriously, I’ve been MAYBE scammed out of $75 on eBay.  That’s it.

Message 54 of 58
latest reply

Again, thanks to everyone who answered my question and wished me luck going forward.  With how my one question changed the directions of the comments so much I'm surprised nobody mentioned Trump or Biden.  LOL.  I wish you all luck no matter your decision to stay or go.

Message 55 of 58
latest reply

@luckykey3 wrote:

Again, thanks to everyone who answered my question and wished me luck going forward.  With how my one question changed the directions of the comments so much I'm surprised nobody mentioned Trump or Biden.  LOL.  I wish you all luck no matter your decision to stay or go.

OH no.  Why would you say that?  Some will see it as an invitation.

Message 56 of 58
latest reply

That's funny.  I wish I could quote you.  I quoted one time a long time ago but can't remember how to do it. Anyway ... I hope I didn't create a monster by mentioning the X and the now Presidents.  LOL.

Message 57 of 58
latest reply

@luckykey3 wrote:

That's funny.  I wish I could quote you.  I quoted one time a long time ago but can't remember how to do it. Anyway ... I hope I didn't create a monster by mentioning the X and the now Presidents.  LOL.

@luckykey3 

It is really easy.  Just click on the QUOTE icon.

73.JPG

Message 58 of 58
latest reply