cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I quit. What else do I have to do after I delete all my items.

It pains me to quit eBay after selling on here for 20 plus years.  But I don't like all the changes and all the complaints about them surely back up my decision to quit.   I'll let everyone who is staying battle it out with the changes and also competing with China that charge less to sell something than I had to pay for shipping alone.  Pitiful.  So I just deleted all my items.  Is there anything else I have to do to no longer be a seller .... but remain a buyer, maybe?   Thanks.

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

Re: I quit. What else do I have to do after I delete all my items.

For all those quitting ebay over MP (not necessarily the OP) over a few days delay in getting the money in their account, why is it more advantageous to wait forever instead?

Message 31 of 58
latest reply

I have been selling on ebay since 1998 and i did not sleep all night feeling like shutting it down too...A couple days ago i had a small payout....and the next morning, i went to print a shipping label and had a negative $155... it was for international shipping labels from Feb, march and april.....spent the whole day on the phone with different reps....who said i never paid for the labels....so that means when i click to buy a label...and it is automatically deducted from my available funds,  it is all in my imagination...the reps went thru my ebay invoices and said....nope, i never paid...so not only am i getting double billed on the shipping labels, but the transactions have also eliminated the receipts, my proof, that i paid.  I am not sure if it is a rogue employee who has developed a way of screwing us out of our money or if i am literally going crazy and i am not actually paying for the shipping labels.....in any case, it is time to quit selling....if i cant keep track of my money, it is not worth selling.  

Message 32 of 58
latest reply

Been here since 1998.....just got a deduction of $155 for shipping labels that i bought in February, March, April.  Just the international ones....the ones that i paid for before i could print them out.  Spent the whole day on the phone with different reps from ebay.  My case will be escalated.  NOT.  During Christmas, spent the entire week on the phone with ebay reps....somehow, all my items were being shipped for free...a glitch in their system.  Spent a week on the phone with ebay in February for the exact same thing with one additional problem..it was changing the prices of my listings...It would duplicate a listing at  a revised price!!! All these glitches are from managed payments.  Just because you have not had problems, does not mean you will not have problems...and when you do, you will experience the joys of a company that will give you the run around because they themselves do not know what is going on or how to fix it....

Message 33 of 58
latest reply

jmenterprises1
Thrill-Seeker

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!

I too gave up on ebay. Once in a blue moon I'll sell local pick up for cash only. Have not tried it since ebay got greedy and kicked PP out. I don't like greedy ebay having a direct line into my bank account without PP being a buffer.

Ebay has proven to be dishonest with the users, both selling and buying.

Attack away ebay drones. 

Message 34 of 58
latest reply

The scammers have free rein here and run unchecked. Why anybody would want to risk being robbed here has become the most unanswered question of all ebay forums. The cheerleaders never respond to that. All they can do is attack and disrespect any opinions that don't fit the company narrative.

Message 35 of 58
latest reply

"If we can make it work, why can't you?"

I don't sell enough stuff to make it work. When I first started with eBay, the stuff that I sold, were items I had collected over passed years, once those items were sold out, then it became the flipper's game. That worked okay for a while, but as time went by, eBay's policies seemed to merely invite more scammers, that caused me to eliminate high dollar items, basically changing what I sold to low dollar stuff, and I simply don't list enough items to justify dealing with it and I have no intentions of trying to increase the 20 to 30 items  that I use to keep listed... I don't rely on eBay for an income.  eBaying was really something that I just enjoyed doing and it put a few extra dollars in my pocket to help make ends meet. But due to MP and so many other negative changes by eBay, ( I used the word "negative" as in being one's own perspective)  it's not enjoyable any more nor is it close to being profitable: the outcome doesn't justify the means.

You know, sellers use to have a little say-so in their eBay activities, but not anymore, eBay has merely became a corporate dictator over the sellers... I'd imagine they'll eventually get to the point where they'll set a particular time for sellers to take bathroom breaks: sarcasm

If you're able to make it work well for you, then that's great.

I appreciate your vote of positive thinking, and I wish you the very best in your endeavors.

Message 36 of 58
latest reply

Invest where you shop.  

Message 37 of 58
latest reply

The rogue employee you're referring to is "Thing", endowed with sweeping power over the books and able to perform accounting miracles like this:

Estimated Shipping Cost: $7.30
Tracking #: ...
Orig Wt: 1.375; Orig Dims: 4.0x8.0x9.0 in;
Disc: $7.30;

Actual Shipping Cost: $45.62
Tracking #: ...
Bill Wt: 54.0; Bill Dims: 9.0x7.0x4.0 in;
Base rate: $42.01; Fuel: $2.48; Disc: $3.07; Misc1 Amt: $3.20; Misc2 Amt: $1.00;
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thing.JPG

Message 38 of 58
latest reply

"The scammers have free rein here and run unchecked. Why anybody would want to risk being robbed here has become the most unanswered question of all ebay forums. The cheerleaders never respond to that. All they can do is attack and disrespect any opinions that don't fit the company narrative."

Your post is the most truthful post I have ever read.

I think it's all about eBay having ultimate, unchecked control over its members. MP, every policy, web page designs and even the community forum, all of it is about control and brainwashing. Do note, one can not edit or delete one's own post, nope, but a community moderator can: definition of control.

And you are so so right, if one's post doesn't fit the cheerleaders' narrative, they'll cry like babies, and that post will be censored or removed.

I like your post, best post ever: just my perspective or opinion, whichever.

Message 39 of 58
latest reply

redds1955
Adventurer

Did the same think luckykey3.  Had 5 accounts and I deleted every thing on them.  But I have seller fees.  I would prefer them to take from PAYPAL and not be playing in my bank account.  I too have been a seller for 17+ years.  I was using it now to supplement my meager Soc. Sec. check.  I will sell on some other venue or start doing flea markets etc "tis'  the  season".  I won't be recommending EBAY to anyone anymore!

Message 40 of 58
latest reply

I ended all my listings and that's it...   I'll stay with my account as it is.  No harm in doing that, plus the benefits of "IF" I ever want to start selling again, I'll be good to go.    

Message 41 of 58
latest reply

The horror stories I have read about them holding up payments, messing up payments etc PLUS the HORRIBLE **bleep** we have to go thru to just list and sell an item and you really have the nerve to ask that?

FYI there are other places to sell our stuff.  Buh Bye Felicia!

Message 42 of 58
latest reply

completely agree, it is the only reason they took away the invoice; so people can't easily see how much ebay is truly overbilling 

Message 43 of 58
latest reply

Don't waste you time with Customer Service:

Cousin It.JPG

You'll have to appeal to Legal:

Gomez.JPG

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Make sure you have good accounting and backup to submit as Legal and Thing are close:

Gomez and Thing.JPG

Message 44 of 58
latest reply

I asked for advice because I like doing what is right ... and I got a lot of it and I thank all of you that did.  But I didn't come on here to be cut down such as the comment  by: Coolections who said:  "20 years on eBay and have to ask about how to stop selling but yet you want to continue buying."

For one thing,  in that 20 years I have never quit and therefore I didn't know what all was involved, and not only did I want to do it correctly I wanted to make sure I wasn't messing anything up to buy things in the future. Many have quit and yet say they will continue buying.  Why is there always someone that has to cut people down.  Pitiful.

Message 45 of 58
latest reply