cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I excluded Australia from selling, just got a sale. How did that happen?

When the announcement came out about Australia and shipping, I excluded Australia from my selling list of countries just to be sure I didn't have any problems. How in the world did I just get an order? Is it because I ship with Global? I have it checked on all my listings but I just checked my settings and Australia should be excluded. So do you think its okay to go ahead and ship using ebays Global Shipping? I just checked the buyers address and its Victoria.

Thanks

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@7794heather wrote:

I shouldn't have gotten an order is my concern

I checked sold listings from today as well as several active listings. You're offering shipping to Australia on all of them. Re-check your shipping exclusions at the account level and don't forget to check the box at the bottom that says apply to active listings.

The listings are offering USPS First Class International, which obviously isn't an option right now. I would ship using eBay International Standard Delivery service.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Can you reach out to GSP and ask?  I would think you only have to get it to GSP in Erlanger, correct?  I just searched and did not find a GSP announcement on Australia orders, etc.  

(I too went in and took Australia back off my listings once it was announced, but I do not use GSP).  

Good luck - there should be an email for GSP?  Will see if I can find it.  Don't use it currently so no longer bookmarked.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

The announcement was very specific that both the Global Shipping Program and eBay International Standard Delivery are unaffected by this. It's only shipments sent direct using USPS.

If your listing was sold through the GSP then ship it.

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

@katzrul15 Thank you for looking into it for me. I will reread the notice again tomorrow when I'm bright eyes and bushy tailed.

When I looked at the shipping label again, the only option to choose  is ebay standard international delivery (or whatever its called). I believe that will go to Erlanger, KY. 

I shouldn't have gotten an order is my concern, because I have other countries excluded  because I don't trust other countries right now (with the scamming and mail delivering service). 

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

@7794heather wrote:

I checked sold listings from today as well as several active listings. You're offering shipping to Australia on all of them. Re-check your shipping exclusions at the account level and don't forget to check the box at the bottom that says apply to active listings.

The listings are offering USPS First Class International, which obviously isn't an option right now. I would ship using eBay International Standard Delivery service.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

The announcement was very specific that both the Global Shipping Program and eBay International Standard Delivery are unaffected by this. It's only shipments sent direct using USPS.

If your listing was sold through the GSP then ship it.

@wastingtime101 Thank you. 

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

@7794heather 

Gotcha!

This is what I have saved, but I think this is from 2019 (cannot tell from my saved bookmark) so no idea if this is still correct.

Pitney Bowes, INC.
1850 Airport Exch Boulevard
Erlanger, KY 41018
Pitney Bowes Website: Ebay Information
Pitney Bowes Phone: (859) 457-6805
Email Contact: pbisgspcs@pb.com

I would guess you could reach out to e-Bay CS and advise you had Australia blocked, so no idea how you received the order, etc.

Good luck with whatever you decide.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@7794heather wrote:

@wastingtime101  Well gosh <forehead slap> I didn't SEE that button towards the bottom! I was nervous enough as it was going in and clicking off countries.....hadn't ever done that before....but decided it was best for now with things happening overseas shipping/ebay wise.

Thanks so much!!! 

Phew...problem solved. Thanks so much! 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

@katzrul15 Thank you.  I will keep this info for future reference. Wastingtime101 got it figured out for me. I really appreciate both of y'alls help!!! Before all this craziness (scammers, returns, refunds, etc) life was simpler on ebay and I NEVER went into my settings as I sold everywhere and to everyone and didn't have any problems. Now its like we are on total defense with every sale. UGH!! Guess it just helps to SCROLL down and click more boxes hehehe.

YAY!

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

So I use business policies and removed Australia from the shipping policy of my listing. I also did it in my account level. So take a look at the shipping section of my listing in regards to shipping to Australia. Thanks for throwing me under the bus eBay and creating more useless messages for me. I get Australian buyers asking me to ship now.

It reminds me how sellers are allowed to choose to not honor any “best offers” but yet eBay basically tells the buyer “just try asking the seller and giving them an offer anyway”.

26D9D2BB-4ECD-40C4-B8DD-2EA02E7F06FA.jpeg

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

Maybe you accidentally excluded Austria instead.

33CCCDCF-EC3E-4DE0-B9A8-C554E233A402.jpeg

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Just be aware that Victoria and NSW are both in a huge state of lockdown at the moment, so delivery times are definitely going to be affected.

Perhaps advise the buyer of this, because as we all know, buyer's rarely keep up to date on anything eBay/shipping related, they just want that item.

@7794heather 

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

Thank you. Will do!!!

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Sometimes this is hard to understand.

If you used GSP, you are NOT shipping internationally.

You ARE shipping to the GSP center which is indeed in Erlanger KY.

Not sure what the GSP is doing now when they receive a package destined for Australia.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Again, the OP may have had Australia blocked, but they did not have the US blocked.

Shipping to Erlanger per the GSP IS shipping to the USA.  

Message 15 of 18
latest reply