cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot get a clear concise answer from help desk -- HELP FROM MEMBERS

Friend,

I have called the help desk 2 about this issue and I still have yet to get a clear answer.

I have a customer that purchased 10 items from me yesterday.  This customer came and picked up the items late yesterday.  She went home and left feed back on each item. YEA great you know that usually works... (NO FEED BACK) no matter how much you beg.

I only received one star - but she left feed back on each of item 10 items.  I asked the help desk and they kept putting me on hold the first representative was not clear on the answer.  I called back a 2nd time another 30 minutes gone in my day.  Even the 2nd rep could not give me a clear answer. 

my question is do i get a star for each feed back or only 1 star from one buyer no matter how much feed back they leave?  

I hope this clear as mud...

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: I cannot get a clear concise answer from help desk -- HELP FROM MEMBERS

I think it would probably depend on the item number.

If you sold 10 items under one item number (multiple sales) then I think Ebay would give one feedback.

If each of the 10 items has a separate item number then I think you are justified in getting 10 separate feedbacks. I you have 10 separate item numbers, then emphasize that and let Ebay know that is proof that Ebay viewed them as separate and distinct.

Ebay will always work in the manner that is easiest for them. Ebay is now only computer techies and they think only in computer robotic ways and terms. The human element of compassion, understanding, etc. is long gone.

Good luck!

Good luck.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You only receive one on a multiple transaction with the same buyer. You will receive all the feed backs shown that the buyer left but just one added to your overall FB score.

Just as a note, if you sell two separate items to the same buyer, if both were sold in the same week you still just get 1 added to your overall FB score. the transactions have to be at least 1 week apart.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

To explain see example below.

* Ebay counts 10 positive feed backs from one buyer as ONE (1) in the feedback rating for the seller. Additional feed backs from the same buyer only count in the rating if the purchase took place during a different week. (10 items purchased in the same week, with 10 feed backs left, increase that seller's rating by only 1. Alternatively, 1 item purchased per week, for 10 consecutive weeks, with 10 feed backs left would increase the seller's rating by 10... as it should, because those are different transactions that are being rated separately. It makes no difference that the sales were to a happy repeat customer instead of someone who never purchased from them before.)

Best I can explain it.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

you get 1 star per month from the each buyer..

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@storytimequilts wrote:

Actually it is 1 per week on a same buyer. The transactions have to be over 7 days, it can be 7 days and 1 minute and you will then credit for another FB star.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Feedback for multiple transactions with the same seller (or buyer), within the same week:

If you are leaving feedback for multiple purchases with the same seller, and they are all the same type (all positive or all negative), then basically, only the first feed back you leave for that seller within that week is counted. The other feed backs you leave for the same seller in that week will not be counted. The "extra" feed backs will still be accepted, and will still be shown on the feedback profile page, but they won't be counted in the total feedback points and they won't be used to calculate feedback percentage.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

This is how I understand it works as well. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@roadking5555 wrote:

@storytimequilts wrote:

Actually it is 1 per week on a same buyer. The transactions have to be over 7 days, it can be 7 days and 1 minute and you will then credit for another FB star.

eBay's "calendar week" is Monday through Sunday, Pacific time. If you have one transaction on Saturday and one on Monday, the feedback for both of those will count separately because they are in different calendar weeks.

eBay's policy about only one feedback per week being counted toward a seller's percentage is quite clear. It's not at all clear whether that also extends to the DSR ("star") ratings.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply