cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspicious buyer email from eBay

Hi. So today I received a suspicious buyer email from eBay. Which notified me not to dispatch the item.But I am suppose to dispatch my item tomorrow and now I’m not sure what to do because the item was removed from my eBay listing. What is most concerning is that I received payment through PayPal it’s just that it’s on hold but that’s normal. And in this situation I’m not sure whether to dispatch the item because I received the money ( but the sold item is removed from my eBay)or send the money back to the buyer and relist my item. Would you please give me advice on how I should handle this problem. Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Does it in part say something like this:

"We recommend you take the following actions if this buyer won the item:
- If you haven't received payment, don't complete the sale or send the item to the buyer.
- Don't communicate with the buyer directly.
- Verify any payments you've been notified of by logging into your payment account (or other online payment service).
- If the buyer requests a refund or additional payments, don't send any money without contacting eBay first.
- If you've already sent the item, try contacting the shipping carrier to find out if you can stop shipment."

If so, it's a legit email from ebay. They are telling you to not complete the sale and they have cancelled the transaction. Don't ship the item.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Ok. Thank you.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply