cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How were your "Black Friday" Sales?

So I was curious to see how the next several day would peform on the products I am selling.

Yesterday 11/24 turned out to be $184 for me

Today 11/25 $560

I sent out a bunch of offers at a loss to see what response I would get.   I sold 2 items for $12.99 each......offers were sent to slightly over 300 watchers.....so less than a 1% hit rate.

Last years sales same time period saw averges in the $2600/day range.

I saw not marketing whatsoever from Ebay about shopping ont he site for Black Friday

What did everybody else see?

HL

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: How were your "Black Friday" Sales?

Just though I'd inject a little humor in this dismal sales week.....love the guys from the "Bee"

https://babylonbee.com/news/in-huge-black-friday-sale-store-to-sell-everything-for-price-it-was-befo...

HK

Message 31 of 41
latest reply

I have been bumping up my Promoted Listings rate as a test and also am running a sale all weekend.  The result, 2 sales yesterday and 2 today.  Thankfully my net profit is already way ahead of last year so if Q4 is terrible I'll still be satisfied.

Message 32 of 41
latest reply

Black Friday online sales hit a record this year:

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/26/1139274449/black-friday-sales-inflation-online-shopping

While some of that might be attributable to inflation, remember that many items were discounted, some quite heavily. So, actually a strong Black Friday in terms of dollar amount...whether strong in terms of profit for the retailers who offered so many discounts, is harder to say of course.

And of course, this is an overall figure....whether ebay set any sort of record is an open question. 

As I said before, Cyber Weekend is usually nothing really great for me, because I think most people are searching for gifts, and for many people, that still means "new", which I don't really sell. True, ebay.UK  was actually heavily promoting reconditioned and pre-owned stuff, but that was the UK, not here. In fact, I am still waiting in vain to see any real Holiday Marketing campaign from ebay this year....so, at this point, I'm happy for every sale I make, because it's hard to make sales when your marketplace doesn't, well, you know market.

Message 33 of 41
latest reply

Mine were absolutely great! Gets better every single year!

Message 34 of 41
latest reply

Also, why would you wait until you have 300 watchers to send offers out? Imagine if you were the 300th person in line and after you cashed out, they announced a 20% off discount. You most likely would have forgotten and have cashed out by then. If you  are not sending out offers right away or at least within 24 hours then don't expect those people to convert. Most offers won't convert anyway. That goes for any online platform. My sales were great. I can't see what you sell so all I can say to you is good luck.

I've been up year over year selling in the category that I sell in. What do you sell? If we can see your store that would be very helpful. Good luck.

Message 35 of 41
latest reply

We still have today and Monday for Cyber Weekend (and then Tuesday is "Giving Tuesday"...has anyone here ever used that to run a one day charitable sort of thing? Like "10% goes to the SPCA" (or whatever)

Given that this is not usually a great weekend for me, it's actually turning out OK...will definitely have some shipping to get out on Monday.

Message 36 of 41
latest reply

Will actually have to go to the post office on Monday,  more sales than the rest of November combined.

Holiday weekend scorecard - 0 sales on two accounts - sports account 1 sale on Thanksgiving Day, 2 sales on Saturday - crafts account  2 sales so far on Sunday.    Black Friday no sales, but then I didn't expect any.   Cyber Monday is usually just another day.

Have seen a number of Etsy ads on TV, but as usual nothing for eBay. 

Message 37 of 41
latest reply

Here yesterday and friday - No bids or BINs

Friday at real store - The 'Snoopy' guy was in town and came in to get his 'snoopy on' as he says - Bought everything we put aside for him since the last visit.  And a better then avg. day without him - lot's of out of town visitors buying books and records.

Saturday at store was the 'where did all these people come from?' day.  Sold stuff that's been here for years.

Message 38 of 41
latest reply

@steve_stuff  Sounds like you definitely benefitted from "Small Business Saturday"---are you located in a touristy type of town? 

@kathieskorner  Same here. If ebay has any sort of major Holiday Marketing campaign going on, it has escaped me....and the Marketing Team has not been jumping at the chance to tell us all about it, because Lord knows I've been giving them the opportunity on this Board LOL

Message 39 of 41
latest reply

Steve_stuff here - we're a tiny town in new mexico, the 'tip of the triangle' with a national park boxing us in from above and below, two smaller towns an hour plus from us that are right off the interstate.

Message 40 of 41
latest reply

@steve_stuff  Well, your town might be tiny, but it sounds like it attracted a fair number of people Saturday. I stopped at a few shops around here on Saturday, and they were pretty busy....of course, most were running Small Business Saturday sales and events (free give-aways, contests, etc)  Our local WalMart didn't seem unusually busy, but then I wasn't there on Black Friday....might have been busier then.

All in all, it's been a surprisingly strong weekend for us on ebay, and if we include Cyber Monday it isn't over yet. I was hoping to get some new listings up today, but I'm too busy packing. 

But being busy packing is a good problem to have LOL

Hope you continue to have plenty of sales!

Message 41 of 41
latest reply