cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view a sold auction

There are a few people who cannot access the sold auctions.  It's quite simple.  After you click on sold items you get a list.  When you click on the item, you may end up at a "similar" item.  There is a box saying The listing you’re looking for is no longer available.  The word listing is an active point and it is in blue.  If you click on it, you will go to the sold listing.  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to view a sold auction

Well, thank you!

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

@secretsquirrelisnowhere wrote:

There are a few people who cannot access the sold auctions.  It's quite simple.  After you click on sold items you get a list.  When you click on the item, you may end up at a "similar" item.  There is a box saying The listing you’re looking for is no longer available.  The word listing is an active point and it is in blue.  If you click on it, you will go to the sold listing.  

I think most--not all, of course--understand how the revised search works. That's pretty easy to figure out. I think they are, for the most part, objecting to the fact that one now needs to open each sold/completed listing, which opens a "similar" listing, and then having to open another "listing" to see the listing they were looking for in the first place.

People want to see the "real" old listing in the first place, not several clicks down the line.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Actually my post was for the people who were not aware of how to get to the sold listings and were worried that Ebay had gotten rid of sold listings.
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You used to be able to go right to the original listing.  Then it changed to a page with the option to click on to view the original listing.

Now it is even more complicated.

Adding more clicks to any process is counterproductive.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply