cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an eBay bundle listing

The instructions here say:

Select which additional items are included in your bundle from the Bundled Items section of Add item specifics.

I have tried this, but there is no "Bundled Items section".  There is the "Bundle Listing" dropdown which allows "-","Yes","No" (I selected "Yes"), there is a "Add your own item specific" link, which is just for specifics about your listing, but there is nowhere to select or add other items to the Bundle.

I have scoured the 'net and looked on youtube and everywhere to try and find a step-by-step or tutorial or anything, and even called eBay and nobody seems to know what's going on here.

Has anyone ever successfully created a bundle listing? If so, how did you get to the point of being able to select the products in the bundle???

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

After speaking to eBay twice now, it seems that the instructions are misleading and creating a bundle listing is different than it indicates.

To create a bundle listing:

1. Check Yes for the Bundle Listing dropdown.

2. Make sure your description has the word Bundle in it.

3. Under the Bundle Listing dropdown, Click the Add your own item specific link and type Bundled Items in the first box, then list the bundled items in the 2nd box.

Nowhere do you choose the bundled items from your inventory of created products or other products you have for sale, as the eBay instructions seem to indicate.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

I'm in the same boat; looked all over for information on HOW TO create bundle listings only to find people talking about Bundles in theory and how they represent a great opportunity...but nobody showed how or linked to any reference that showed how.  

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

• I missed your link because you didn't recolor the font, so I'm providing the url:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/bundle.html

Hah! I found something else about bundles from ebay!!! Not much, but something.

Apparently you'll find menu options when creating your listing. It's about Product Identifiers. There's a bundle option and a yes/no option. I haven't found anything about how those are used. Either bundling links listings or allow item specifics for accessories in a listing.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/faq/listing.html#m22_tb_a1__21

The very last entry on that page is about bundles:

Bundles are defined as multiple different products being grouped together and sold as a single offer.

• If the bundle contains a primary items plus accessories (like a camera plus case and additional lenses) use the identifiers of the primary item and indicate in item specifics that it is a bundle offer
  • If the bundle is created by the manufacturer use the identifiers provided by the manufacturer for the group
  • If the offer contains multiples of the same product, we refer to that offer as a "lot". Use the identifiers of the item that is grouped and use the lot size value to indicate the quantity in the listing. For example, if you are listing a 12-pack of blank DVDs, use the product identifiers from an individual DVD and enter a lot-size of "12" when creating the listing.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

In the item specifics I've seen......for like embroidery kits, there are choices to show what's in the bundle.......ie. canvas, thread, needle, etc.  and you check the ones in the bundle.......and you can Add to the list of item at the bottom of the ebay list......if the item isn't in the preformulated list.

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Right... Thank you, I realize you're trying to help, but I think we all know what a Bundle IS.
What I'm trying to figure out how is one created.

As I say, even eBay CS couldn't figure it out, but we know they exist and they are part of their documentation so there must be a way. Really weird all these articles and videos on how great a bundle is and not one on how to actually create these bundles!
Message 5 of 20
latest reply

Just a friendly bump, in case someone happens to know how to create a bundle or whom to ask or where to get the information on how to create a bundle?

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@Anonymous

can you give any help?

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

After speaking to eBay twice now, it seems that the instructions are misleading and creating a bundle listing is different than it indicates.

To create a bundle listing:

1. Check Yes for the Bundle Listing dropdown.

2. Make sure your description has the word Bundle in it.

3. Under the Bundle Listing dropdown, Click the Add your own item specific link and type Bundled Items in the first box, then list the bundled items in the 2nd box.

Nowhere do you choose the bundled items from your inventory of created products or other products you have for sale, as the eBay instructions seem to indicate.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey everyone,

I've reached out for clarification on this listing process with the appropriate team and will come back once I have more details to share! Sorry for the confusing info, we'll definitely get to the bottom of this and work to make any adjustments that may be needed.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

I was confused about the "bundle" option as well.  Initially I chose it for my current listing, because I'm selling 3 completely different duck calls, but they're being sold together.  So, I thought that must be a bundle. However, the questions asked after I chose "bundle" didn't apply or make sense, so I unchose it, and just mentioned in the description that I'm selling 3 game calls together.   I provided pics and descriptions of all three calls.

That seems pretty obvious to me that they're buying all 3 of them, not just any one of them, so I'm just hoping that the fact that I did NOT choose "bundle listing" doesn't mean I'm going to be in trouble if it IS considered a bundle. 

Whew. How could anything so seemingly simple become so complicated?

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

It isn't difficult.  Just put all items in the title, pictures, and desciption.  If there are too many for the title, use the important ones in the title and add a subtitle.  Add still ore in the description.  If you want to use the word "bundle" in the title, go ahead, but no one is searching for "bundle".  the items can either relate to each other or not.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

Jesus Christ ebay. You hit us with crazy fees for using Paypal and your commissions, and on top of that there are no goddamn options to build a bundle. For all the money you make off regular people, you'd think you could spend a little to make this easier.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

So has anyone found the solution? I just opened my eBay store and I’m in dire need to list some bundles of items. I read every single one of these entries, however they did not help much. Thank you in advance. 

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

The solution is at the top of the page. It's even checked as the "Solution"...

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-to-create-an-eBay-bundle-listing/m-p/27202897/highlight/tr...

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

I don't have a bundle listing dropdown, so that solution isn't working for me. I tried Ctrl + F to make sure I wasn't overlooking it. I tried starting my listing as a Bundle Listing, but there's nothing different on the page. I've been at this for four hours already and, like the OP, have looked for YouTube Videos, on the sellers forum, on Quora, Google, and anything else I can think of. So frustrating! I'm going to try Reddit now.
Message 15 of 20
latest reply