cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create Listing Volume Discounts on Different Items

I am new to the Ebay store game.  I have a number of items listed that are (1) closely related and (2) a big percentage of the price is embedded (free) shipping.  What might be the easiest way to advertise that I would be happy to sell the second or third item at a significant discount.  I tried a "volume pricing" discount but it did not even show up on the listing page so clearly I am missing something here.  The goal is to only allow the discount for a set and specified number of listings when purchased together.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: How to Create Listing Volume Discounts on Different Items

Volume pricing is for multiplies of the same item in the same listings.  Volume pricing is not available for variation listings and does not cross over to different listings.

If you are wanting to have a discount of multiply listings like you mentioned in your last sentence, then you would want to create this using the promotion manager.

You can get to the promotion manager from the marketing tab at the top of your seller hub.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I have explored the "managed promotions" and have yet to find any way to provide a price discount for a second or third item in a seller defined group of items.  In my case it is jigsaw puzzles where I would like to give a price discount of around 20% for a second puzzle purchased at the same time.  Anyone come up with a solution apart from noting in the listing of seller providing a refund?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

This is the way I do it.

I have 4 separate Order Discounts set up in Promotions Manager. (Not volume discounts). They cover ALL the items in my store:

1. Buy 2 or more - get 5%

2. Buy 3 or more - get 10%

3. Buy 6 or more - get 15%

4. Buy 9 or more - get 20%

Promotions are not stackable.  The buyer only gets the highest discount available per the Promotion rules.

So, as they add more items to the cart, the Promotion that they qualify for changes...with a max discount of 20% off

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Thank you good luck selling!! I have been searching for hours trying to figure out WHY my volume pricing is not showing up!!
Much appreciated!!
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

This is the way I do it.

I have 4 separate Order Discounts set up in Promotions Manager. (Not volume discounts). They cover ALL the items in my store:

Promotions are not stackable.  The buyer only gets the highest discount available per the Promotion rules.

So, as they add more items to the cart, the Promotion that they qualify for changes...with a max discount of 20% off

This is a great idea.  Just curious, does one of those discounts display on the search results page for the the listings?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

This is the way I do it.

This is a great idea.  Just curious, does one of those discounts display on the search results page for the the listings?

Sometimes ... I don't know the reasoning behind when it does or doesn't.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly 

Thank you for your response.  I have a 15% off 6+ going on right now and that is displaying, so I might give your idea a try next and see what displays.  Thanks again Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I use volume pricing across my whole store and I have had many people buy multiple different items and get the discount.

It shows the discount after you add more then 1 item to your cart.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

It just doesn't seem to advertise the fact I offer the discount unless it's on a multi quantity listing. But after you add more then 1 item to your cart from my store the discount shows up.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply