cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unpaid item case opened

Hello!

there are 48 hours past an offer that i accepted but the buyer did not paid. I already called ebay customer support and they opened an unpaid item case for me. They told me that i have to wait 4 days more and after that to call them back to close the case. Please tell me how to proceed in this situation? If they buyer will pay i have to shipped out the parcel but after all of that i am scared that the buyer will revenge on me and he will give a negative feedback.

Please give some advices how to proceed in this situation. I really want to solve this problem and to relist the item again. This buyer it is not a trustable one.

Please help me!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Unpaid item case opened

An unpaid item case is a routine activity, there is no need to call customer support about this.   Here is the Help page about what to do if a buyer doesn't pay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

When you file an unpaid item claim, eBay immediately sends the buyer a message that strongly encourages them to pay for their item within 4 days. But that's all eBay does.

If the buyer doesn't pay, then after 4 days you'll get the option to close the case, giving the buyer a strike and getting a credit for your final value fee. Do not expect to hear anything about your case directly from eBay. Either the buyer pays or they don't. If you don't close the case within 36 days after the transaction it will expire, which means no strike for the buyer and no credit for you.

When the buyer gets an unpaid item strike, that automatically blocks the buyer from leaving any feedback.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Unpaid item case opened

Why do you feel the buyer isn't trustworthy? I often have people win auctions or purchase a Buy it now where I have forgotten to check immediate payment. Many people aren't at their computers when an auction ends or they may not have their payment info available at that minute. 

I've had to open many UPIs but have never had a buyer "take revenge". Most are probably embarrassed that they forgot they had bid on something facilitating the need for a seller to open a UPI.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Unpaid item case opened

It is not trustable because after negociating price for couples of days i told him that my last price it is 499usd and he sent me an offer 480usd , finnally i decided to accept it because 20usd does not matter at all but after that he asked me some questions such as they are original how they fit and others stupid questions that i already answered him and that are all mentioned in the description. 

And also the country of him it is India a small town in India , so i think it is not safe for me to deal of this kind of buyer who do not want to pay but he wants Louis Vuitton sneakers. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Unpaid item case opened

For a new seller, you are selling very expensive items.  Not always wise.

Patd

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Unpaid item case opened

Thank you for your help , i really appreciated it! But in case of he will pay and i will have to shipp out the parcel to him , after all of that i am scared that he wants to revenge on me after he will receive the parcel and to tell lyes to ebay such as he does not received what should i do or giving me a negative review on my account. Not all people are honest , if you understand what i mean..

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Unpaid item case opened

and what’s the problem that i am selling my shoes? It is not the first sale!! And with all of that ebay protects the buyer so only the seller could be in danger ( a buyer have money back guarantee) seller have no protection. And this buyer is from India a country which not inspire me trustable! 

He does not paid so i opened this unpaid item case! I can not wait any more , i want to relist my item!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply