cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does this seller get all of their Negatives removed almost instantly? Something is going on

This person gets several negatives each day but they are almost instantly removed and the feedback revision number has not change. I bought from them and got burned which made me notice. Here are two screenshots taken a couple days apart to show my point. They had 23 negatives scrubbed clean all from different buyers. This has been going on for months

Message 1 of 265
latest reply
264 REPLIES 264

Re: How does this seller get all of their Negatives removed almost instantly? Something is going on

@onlinesportsrus wrote:

Have called Ebay many times on issues and I would say at least a third of the reps have mentioned they are sellers also. Which I'm sure they have certain benefits.

I hear that a lot as well. But not many have been able to understand the things I discuss with them, so I question if this is even true... haha.

Although I have had some very good conversations with reps that actually prove they run their own store in how knowledgable they are, and they are pretty open to being transparent (as much as they are allowed) with sellers once you break the ice a bit and discuss frankly with them. 

Message 136 of 265
latest reply

Re: How does this seller get all of their Negatives removed almost instantly? Something is going on

Just got a negative that is a good example of the problems in the system. For our items, we have MPN UF368. Additional product codes: 7805-3405, E515E, 5C1664, E398 , 52-1897 / IC498 / C1607, 2505-304363.

He msg us saying we sent the wrong part, and said he needs part "h3t03071a". We do not list that code anywhere on our product information! He also listed the code in messages that he received on the item sent, which IS the correct part that he ordered.

We were just contacted about this yesterday, and asked to open up a return so we could send a shipping label (our item is a free returns listing).

This morning he opened the return request, and TWICE since then has sent more messages saying "Label?" "Label?". 

And now has left a negative feedback saying "Still no return label. Wrong part". 

We are well inside our allowed time to send the label, and we send labels daily, so he would be getting it today. Seems like an obvious attempt to get us to send the label faster by leaving a negative. And we DID send the right part. Feedback history is questionable as well.

Does not seem proper or fair that customers can blame you in feedback for their own mistakes, nor does it seem proper/fair that customers use feedback as a tool to try to escalate their case to be handled faster. 

Now our CS manager has to take time to contact eBay and see if they will assist us... the system is just too open to abuse. 

Serious negatives should stay and not be able to be removed. Petty negatives should not even be allowed. 

Message 137 of 265
latest reply

Was 5 - 5 now 7 - 9...

Message 138 of 265
latest reply

Good morning bubbleman, see you got up early today too, I was up ridiculously early, a couple hours ago. Watching this feedback change is like magic, isn't it? Just disappears. 

Message 139 of 265
latest reply

Apparently this has been going on for years. Ina Steiner wrote a blog about it on Ecommerce Bytes In 2014.

https://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2014/4/1397416355.html

Message 140 of 265
latest reply

and that seller is NARU

Message 141 of 265
latest reply

@ersatz_sobriquet wrote:

Good morning bubbleman, see you got up early today too, I was up ridiculously early, a couple hours ago. Watching this feedback change is like magic, isn't it? Just disappears. 

Yesterday, their neut - neg count was 5 - 4 and their feedback was 99.7% (early in the day).

Now, their neut - neg count is 8 - 10 and feedback is 99.4%.

Feedback is sticking now. Some of the current ones have been there for several days. Some of the negs/neuts probably still qualify for removal under the rules, but they are no longer having ALL of them removed.

Message 142 of 265
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

and that seller is NARU

And their last feedbacks were received on Apr 18, 2014, just 5 days after the eCB article. So they would have been NARU'd then most likely.

Message 143 of 265
latest reply

For the seller who inspired this thread originally, the neg feedback that first stuck was received 11/08/2018 according to post 99.

Message 144 of 265
latest reply

When something fishy gets a lot of press ebay sometimes cleans up their act. We will have to keep watching this seller to see what happens next. No matter what happens with future negs, past ones were wiped clean and it was an insider job within ebay. 

Message 145 of 265
latest reply

Just think about it. To make a CS call, wait in line or made them call you, how long does it take? You would be there forever trying to discuss the way a feedback is received and beg and plea and whatever to have it gone. 

So, either they have an employee dedicated to that, or Ebay is helping them without any objections. Just look at how prompt the moderator did his job to erase seller's name and records. 

I agree, even though this is a private company, our seller's rights were violated the day we, as sheep, have to leave a "positive" feedback no matter what. 

The things you have to do to make a buck. Smiley Frustrated

latest reply

ersatz I'm always up and on the road early. Their real feedback should be 2690 total with 960 neutrals and negs...

Message 147 of 265
latest reply

960 negs? In otherwords absolutely horrible feedback that would have kept buyers away. 

Message 148 of 265
latest reply

They are being allowed to do more damage to the buying public than 500 other sellers could do combined. I find it insulting that they are considered better than me or any other seller and the rules and punishment fees aren't enforced on them as they are on a person that has a fraction of problems....

Message 149 of 265
latest reply

It's not who you know it's who you...um..kiss up to...
Message 150 of 265
latest reply