cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you find a record of fees paid for paypal for the year? Thank you!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: How do you find a record of fees paid for paypal for the year? Thank you!

please see my post here

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/having-trouble-finding-my-running-balance-at-paypal/m-p/283890...

and read the accepted solution left there by berserkerplanet.

you have to go in the " backdoor", if you will, and get to the classic view , then you can click in the date range  , payments received then see the fees and add them up.

It's a pain  and the new change to the site really bites. 

If they take away that classic view it would be a total PITA to dig stuff up.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

https://business.paypal.com/merchantdata/reportHome

or

Paypal - Activity - Statements (a drop down menu) - Reporting center - Financial summaries - Annual financial summary.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

You sign into Paypal and print the reports.  We print out a monthly report so we have everything for tax season when it arrives.  Lots of data in the report

• After you sign in click on reports
  • Then left side bar click on financial summaries
  • then monthly sales
  • choose the month from the drop down box
  • then use the print tab (top right area)
  • Do this same process for each month

Good Luck Selling!

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

I'm old school. I record everything into a ledger book when I have a sale. All I have to do is open up my book and I can tell you my shipping, Ebay fees and Paypal fees for the month or year at a glance. 

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

I'm old school. I record everything into a ledger book when I have a sale. All I have to do is open up my book and I can tell you my shipping, Ebay fees and Paypal fees for the month or year at a glance. 

If it works, great for you!  We do about 14,000 transactions (and growing) yearly on eBay so having automated reports in place and knowing how to make them work allows us to do this kind of volume.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

The abov suggestions are suitable if you're asking for fees incurred so far this eyar

If you're looking for a total of fees paid for 2017, just go to the Reports section in PayPal and find the "Annual financial summary," which has a line-item entry for total fees paid for the year, as well as entries for total receipts, returns, etc.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

@tatertot2u57 wrote:

They are removing it in June according to a message I saw on PayPal 2 weeks ago- sorry, did not take a screenshot.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

If it works, great for you!  We do about 14,000 transactions (and growing) yearly on eBay so having automated reports in place and knowing how to make them work allows us to do this kind of volume.

Good Luck Selling!

I hear 'ya! I do around one tenth of that across all three accounts. I can't imagine doing that much volume without some sort of automation or extra help.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 9 of 12
latest reply

LOL, I'm "old school" as well except I use spreadsheets = )

I'm not sure the OP is anywhere near goodluck's figures.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@tatertot2u57 wrote:

please see my post here

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/having-trouble-finding-my-running-balance-at-paypal/m-p/283890...

and read the accepted solution left there by berserkerplanet.

you have to go in the " backdoor", if you will, and get to the classic view , then you can click in the date range  , payments received then see the fees and add them up.

It's a pain  and the new change to the site really bites. 

I download my transaction history as a CSV file, import into a spreadsheet, and total the FEES column.

I use that spreadheet as the basis for all my accounting and tax reporting.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I cant understand why they are completely incapable of designing what should be a very simple and common form statement that is comprehensive and comprehendable.

Nothing confuses me more than looking at my statements and trying to break down my expenses etc on ebay. 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply