cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My old & new listing arent appearing in ebay search results. New Ebay Glitch?

Hi there,

This is very frustating,

This problem is ruining my ebay selling experience and in top of that im losing money.

Ive been selling on ebay since 2010,

Right now as we speak, I have 71 listing on my ebay store.

Since 3 days ago my new and old listing isnt apearing in the ebay search results.

I thought it was my computer but no, i search from my laptop,cell phone i use iven my tv browser and i dont see any of my items in the search result. This problem began 3 days ago.

Example:

Currently i selling this Nike air max shoes 875943-300 size 11.

If i put in the ebay serch bar this: "nike 875943-300 11"  i see every seller selling their shoes but mines isnt showing up.

I want to know if someone is experiencing this glitch?

Can you see my listing?

What i can do to resolve this matter?

Maybe is something with my preset?

Also another thing, went im on my listing went i hit the button "see other items"

it comes that i have 0 results......

im going apreciate If someone can help me...

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Your listings show up for me from fairly close to the top.

If you are searching for your own items using the computer that you have your Ebay account on,  it will skew your results.   

Can I also give a piece of advice on your pictures.    It is hard to the see the shoes on my tablet with all the clutter.     Since millenials have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to shopping on line,   you might want to take a clear picture of the product.

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Hi, i see all your listings, 71 in total.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Thanks Boston fabrics for your fast reply!

Im going take your picture advice as consideration.

so

You can see my lisitng but why i cant see my own lisintg in the search results?

Defenelly something happens.

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Hi fashu!

Thanks for your fast reply,

well right now 2 people can see my listing,

but the thing is why i cant see it?...

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

I could explain it to you,  but that would mean I would have to ask my hubby a question and I would prefer not to.   See,   he is a software developer that works with internet stuff,    and I am an Artiste...Insert sarcasm.

It has something to do with filters and search preferences like you are looking at your items so many times and not buying,  the computer thinks that you are not interested in that listing.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

I am seeing most of your listings, including the one you referenced ... though I didn't see one of your Nike's

Just a word of caution with respect to Nike.  They are VERY agressive with sellers misrepresenting their shoes on here.  To sell a Nike without the box raises a red flag as if you are trying to sell (a) seconds as new, (b) trying to sell counterfeits, or (c) trying to sell shoes trademarked for only one region into an ineligible country (for example, one of your boxes you did show did not have US Size on it and you are trying to sell it into the USA).  Nike has been recently getting accounts permanently suspended for doing these things.  So, be extra, extra careful that you are accurately representing your Nike's condition, that they are not counterfeit, and that they are eligible to be sold in particular countries.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Maybe you are right, but that can happens with my primary computer. (but its strange because since i enter in the ebay business i search my items and they appear,this problem is since 3 days ago)

i serach my listings with diferent devices,friends and last with my gf desktop and my items isnt apearing.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

You can't see your listings in search because you are in Puerto Rico. (same is happening for buyers and sellers in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, the other territories, and APO/FPO)

Look at one of your listings. Sitch to shiiping&payments tab. Change zip to 90210 and hit get rates. Now go search for your listings again.

No fix, eBay says they are aware.
And it is only buyers in those aforementioned areas that (sometimes) can't see the listings, along with sometimes Canada. IT's not your location as a seller, it's searching as a buyer where the zipcode comes into play.
Message 10 of 18
latest reply

This seems to be happening with any new brand name item I sell also. It has a lot to do with VERO and other agreements EBAY made with big box sellers. What they do is hide your item. The big box sellers are paying extra for premium placement of their listings if not it sure seems like it. 

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@percgrabbe-0 wrote:

This seems to be happening with any new brand name item I sell also. It has a lot to do with VERO and other agreements EBAY made with big box sellers. What they do is hide your item. The big box sellers are paying extra for premium placement of their listings if not it sure seems like it. 

I see this rumor a lot, but no one ever seems to have a source.  It seems to be a self-repeating urban legend, sort of like lemmings committing mass suicide.

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

It IS unsubstantiated hogwash.

The cause is what I said it is. Change your zipcode to 00785 (Guayama, PR) and see.
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

Correct! 

Im reading your last 2 post. 

In order to fix my situation I have to change the zipcode. 

Ebay forgot about united states terretories. 

Thanks a lot for your solution. 

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

As I said in the PM I just sent you, if you are talking about changing the zipcode on your listings, that is not a solution, and may cause more problems than it fixes. You still won't be able to see your listings in search if you browse with your Puerto Rico zipcode. You probably can't see my listings right now.

It's not the selling/listing zipcode causing the problem. It's the buying zipcode when searching causing the lack of visibility in search. So it's buyers in PR, HI, AK, territories, APO/FPO that can't see anyone's listings in search (except listings offering some international shipping option(s) I haven't sussed out yet)

And as I also mentioned, you are only missing out on a possible approx 6 million out of 330 million possible buyers - that isn't a reason for your drop in sales, unless the majority of your sales were to PR (pop: 3.6million).
Message 15 of 18
latest reply