cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I report a Seller on here who has been arrested in my hometown for Animal abuse

She is facing 20 plus felony counts of animal torture with intent to kill. She is selling on ebay Charity. I have tried to contact ebay with no success. Her rescue was closed down and over 100 animal carcasses were found burnt in a fire pit. Our community here is trying to shut down her every move. She is pure evil. Sorry this is so graphic but this is very serious. 

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

How do I report a Seller on here who has been arrested in my hometown for Animal abuse

You report any concerns to your local law enforcement and if they see a reason to shut down her eBay account they can use the law enforcement portal.

https://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/law_enforcement.html

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 39
latest reply

I see no connection.

Message 3 of 39
latest reply

@5530wilson 

While I HATE people like that, it's not your concern.

If this person is arrested, Ebay WILL shut her down, since she is arrested and not shipping anything

Her sins will catch up with her

Message 4 of 39
latest reply

Sounds like the police are already involved. 

It sounds terrible and my heart breaks along with yours.  

If she is out of jail on bail ahead of trial, the court might have imposed certain restrictions on her activities.  Without knowing any details -- and I do not want to know any more details -- it seems doubtful that Selling on eBay would be a court-ordered restriction.  

And if you tried to tell us her eBay selling ID, that would subject you to eBay penalties.  

Of course, if she is in jail and has any current eBay listings, they'll just expire and she could get all kinds of penalties from eBay, up to and including a permanent selling ban.  Assuming the facts are as you state and she has a jury trial, she'll probably end up in prison for a long time.  Let's hope.  

Message 5 of 39
latest reply

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.

https://www.instagram.com/ebayforsellers/

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 6 of 39
latest reply

Innocent until proven guilty.

Message 7 of 39
latest reply

What is she selling on eBay that bothers you?

I would be bothered if she was selling animal spare parts.

Message 8 of 39
latest reply

If the Ebay "charity" connection is  her animal "rescue" I guess there could be a connection.

Message 9 of 39
latest reply

This isn't something that needs customer service - they're not going to be able to do anything. Let her get into yet more trouble all on her own as her conviction is going to impact everything, anyway.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 39
latest reply

@5530wilson wrote:

She is facing 20 plus felony counts of animal torture with intent to kill. She is selling on ebay Charity. I have tried to contact ebay with no success. Her rescue was closed down and over 100 animal carcasses were found burnt in a fire pit. Our community here is trying to shut down her every move. She is pure evil. Sorry this is so graphic but this is very serious. 

So just what would you expect ebay to do with a report that someone has been accused but not convicted of crimes? Even if they were convicted what would you expect ebay to do?  ebay can not shut down sellers based on what someone tells them, they will need you to point out a ebay policy violation or get a court order.

Message 11 of 39
latest reply

@frankenhobbit wrote:

While I don't believe one thing has anything to do with the other, "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply here. 

Message 12 of 39
latest reply

Hi @5530wilson , you should be commended for your concern about mistreated animals. It is just a dreadful horror.

The answer to your query on how to report a seller is answered below. But i also have a concern— it seems some posters are questioning your involvement. I believe what others are driving at is this: why you are motivated to report the seller?

Has this arrested individual violated any eBay policies? If so, then you can report the broken rule to eBay at one of the links below. 

If the seller has not broken any eBay rules or policies, then your desire to report the person to eBay may be inappropriate. 

To report a seller, see links below:

https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/resolving-issues-sellers/reporting-item-issue-seller?id=4022

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/report-item-listing?id=4739

https://www.onlinesellersolutions.com/post/ebay-support

Message 13 of 39
latest reply

How would one know she and the eBay account(charity) are even the same?

Message 14 of 39
latest reply

@doc-holmes wrote:

@frankenhobbit wrote:

While I don't believe one thing has anything to do with the other, "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't apply here. 

I'm going to RESPECTFULLY disagree with you on that. 'Our community here is trying to shut down her every move'? What if the lady is innocent? Has the OP seen the evidence with their own eyes? Or is this a case of misinformation being spread around on places like Facebook. Even news media gets it wrong, and frequently. 

That's why we have courts and a legal process. Mob justice is not the way. If she is convicted, by all means petition against her. 

Message 15 of 39
latest reply