cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Match vs. Lowest Price 2.0

Continuation of previous discussion (posted this afternoon and discussion was suddenly closed?)........

In relation to other similar sellers problem, my item IS the cheapest currently available with shipping yet it does NOT show up anywhere under 'lowest price with shipping' (the second lowest competitor does appear?) ...... but does show up in 'best match'? Anyone searching the 'lowest price' is not going to find mine at all....this doesn't make any sense?

Listing reference example: https://www.ebay.com/itm/166043649005

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Have you tried to notify ebay CS IT. It may be a glitch in the system. I know this probably will not matter but have you tried changing your browser. Other than that i am sure other members will be along to help. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

You posted a reply to a year old thread. So the thread was locked.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I searched for Sun Star Mercedes diecast and sorted it price plus shipping lowest.  Your listing shows as the 10th listing.  But it isn’t uncommon for the best match to show listings that aren’t shown as lowest price.  Quite often if you want to see all listings you have to click on the ‘see more results’  link above the first listing.  I don’t know if that is a glitch or eBay does that intentionally.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Following are the results I get from the search with the items racked and stacked price + shipping lowest first. My search results may not include any listings that are in Canada, where you are located, that do not sell internationally. Your listing is at the top of my search results. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1708664672469.png

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for all the input .... I guess it all boils down to the search perimeters one chooses to use? I thought regardless of search perimeters a listing would automatically appear under both 'best match' or 'lowest price' but obviously not?  A seller can then easily miss out on prospective buyers due to how Ebay's algorithm decides to display listings.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I searched "sun star 600 pullman"
That silver $50 car is the 1st on best match, and the 1st on low to high.  ($74 total to me with shipping).
"mercedes diecast 1/18 pullman" shows it 1st in low to high also.

But, I don't know how collectors of these search.  So, not sure what would be the best search terms.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Search has not worked right for a long time now. 

Here is an example: I MANY times have searched for a very specific item. Results will show something like 687 matches under "best match", the default setting when searching. However, when you change the sort parameters to low to high, newly listed, or ending soonest, the totals in the search results start dropping off, and sometimes really significantly. Like losing half or more of the best match results. 

Some results just disappear. Like an item who's price is lowest in "best match" search results, not showing up at ALL when sorting by lowest price.  

No sense trying to figure it out IMO. You'll just drive yourself nuts. Fill out all the item specifics and pay for promotions if you want the best chance to get views. I'd also advise to list on multiple platforms, because one platform is not the end all, be all to online selling.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply