cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horay eBay! You Broke Down Right on Schedule, You're So Reliably Broken!!

HORAY EBAY!! Once again you've proven your awsum reliability by breaking down short of your free lisitng period!! Great job boys and girls!! I knew you could do it! Nobody messes things up more reliably or better than eBays crew!! No sir. And heck, I'm not even surprised anymore. I'm not even mad. I'm so use to your lameness that I happily tell anyone that I'll only sell on this place if the listings are free. And I'm real sure I'm not alone when I say these things either. Sellers talk to each other, we really do, and my message and sentiment aren't unique. Ok all you ebay huggers ~beat me up!

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Horay eBay! You Broke Down Right on Schedule, You're So Reliably Broken!!

@dhuberinc wrote:

HORAY EBAY!! Once again you've proven your awsum reliability by breaking down short of your free lisitng period!! Great job boys and girls!! I knew you could do it! Nobody messes things up more reliably or better than eBays crew!! No sir. And heck, I'm not even surprised anymore. I'm not even mad. I'm so use to your lameness that I happily tell anyone that I'll only sell on this place if the listings are free. And I'm real sure I'm not alone when I say these things either. Sellers talk to each other, we really do, and my message and sentiment aren't unique. Ok all you ebay huggers ~beat me up!

Hello there. Could you tell me what happened to the listings? Did you not get all the free listings that were offered? I just want to know what broke?

Ann

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

@duncanvr wrote:

I found a fix to ebay issues once another way as well. Using the firefox browser I backed up the bookmarks (google search how to do that) and then I reset firefox. I was getting constant errors on ebay until I did that. If your not computer savy find a friend nearby who is and get them to give you a PC tune up. Your system drivers should be also checked to see if they are up to date. Thats one thing I like about advanced system care. Its not really that hard to use. Just hit scan and repair and it also has a driver update tool as well. The risk of not keeping of drivers up to date and cache, junk and registry files clean is a slower computer speed. Does your PC seem to take longer to boot up? Are any other web pages taking longer to load etc. There is a lot involved with PC care these days. A lot of people think you just need an antivirus software but that in itself is not enough to protect and make your system run smoothly. So in the short turn a PC tune up maybe the answer to fixing ebay issues. Not 100% that will work but 9 times out of 10 if you contact ebay they will be looking at things like clearing browser history etc. Hope that helps

Sounds like to me, you know your way around a PC.....lol. 

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

Greetings, hi. Sorry, I forget specifics while ranting. eBay died while I was listing. Specifically when I used an already listed thing and then used the "list similar" option to proceed on with my listings. At some point the site or my pc just wouldn't process the listing -the little idiot arrow just kept circling the wagons and it just wouldn't finish and complete. So immediately after that any time I asked for a submit similar it would open a new window without showing the item, just a normal ebay page with a header and a submit listing button at the bottom. Wierdness. So after trying a few other previously listed things with the list similar option and getting the same results I then tried to list an item from scratch, New from the get go, did all the steps but got the same results, the listing submission just hung there. I generally use Mozilla but tried Explorer -same results. So then I restarted my PC, full shut down and re-boot. After all that I got exactly the same results, just hung listing submissions. I even went to another pc in the house and got the same results -hung listing submissions. Now you tell me, does it sound like things were broken on my end?

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

@dhuberinc wrote:

Greetings, hi. Sorry, I forget specifics while ranting. eBay died while I was listing. Specifically when I used an already listed thing and then used the "list similar" option to proceed on with my listings. At some point the site or my pc just wouldn't process the listing -the little idiot arrow just kept circling the wagons and it just wouldn't finish and complete. So immediately after that any time I asked for a submit similar it would open a new window without showing the item, just a normal ebay page with a header and a submit listing button at the bottom. Wierdness. So after trying a few other previously listed things with the list similar option and getting the same results I then tried to list an item from scratch, New from the get go, did all the steps but got the same results, the listing submission just hung there. I generally use Mozilla but tried Explorer -same results. So then I restarted my PC, full shut down and re-boot. After all that I got exactly the same results, just hung listing submissions. I even went to another pc in the house and got the same results -hung listing submissions. Now you tell me, does it sound like things were broken on my end?

Yes it does.  It sounds like an internet provider issue.  I have had this issue many times and each time that I can recall it was a problem with my local internet that cleared up after a while.  I just leave it for a while and do something else, or I reboot my box. 

Do you remember if other ebay pages or internet web-sites loaded during that time frame?  That could help to zero in on your problem.  It could also be the eBay platform but so far, it sounds much more like processing issues in handing off info from one point to another which leads me back to your internet provider.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

In a situation like that, it may help to list the time you were affected in Pacific Time so other can compare notes better.

It also could have been something regional between you and them. You'd be surprised how internet connectivity issues can affect only some processes and websites.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 20 of 30
latest reply

My pc, internet connection, and provider were working just fine. In fact while I was waiting for them to get thier act together I made a purchase! It's pretty darn strange that eBay was able to take my money if things were broken on my end of the connection.

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

Don't forget that Thursday night is eBay maintenance night!  No matter what they are "fixing," the rest of the site just stalls or fails completely.  I avoid trying to do anything on eBay on Thursdays after about 9 p.m. Pacific time.

~~C~~

My Glass Duchess
Quoting Mom: In polite society, "hey" is for horses.
Message 22 of 30
latest reply

Thanks duchess, you may actually be on to something. I didn't didn't know thursdays were maintenance nite but I began experiencing issues at about 11:15 PM my time, central time, so California time would have been 9:15PM or so. Hmm...

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

For about 3 hours today - while trying to list - Ebay kept freezing on me in both IE and Firefox. I didn't have problems with any other sites except Ebay.

Seems to be workig now - but what a pain!

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

I used to build PCs my nephew is a chief pc engineer at Microsoft. One thing I learned early in the game is you control the PC not the PC controls you. And as I saw one pc builder make a mistake, don't screw in the powersupply whilst the cable is pugged in live to the electricity grid:)
Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Yes it does.  It sounds like an internet provider issue.  I have had this issue many times and each time that I can recall it was a problem with my local internet that cleared up after a while.  I just leave it for a while and do something else, or I reboot my box. 

Do you remember if other ebay pages or internet web-sites loaded during that time frame?  That could help to zero in on your problem.  It could also be the eBay platform but so far, it sounds much more like processing issues in handing off info from one point to another which leads me back to your internet provider.

You forgot to say, "clear cookies, cache, browser, reboot, unboot, dismount, saddle up, click your heels together three times..."

I had the same problem yesterday and no, it was not my internet provider.   My problem became even sillier (I use "sillier" instead of something stronger) when I discovered later that the frozen pages actually did relist and I had to quickly work on all of that to avoid duplicate listings.

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 26 of 30
latest reply

I have the same problem. Three offers, no way to respond. I've tried several things, but nothing works. It makes me look like I'm not interested. I have signed out, rebooted, signed back in, nothing. I have not changed anything, I have paid my bills. Who knows...
Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Click on the link in message #4 above... it takes you to the answer on what to do... basically says that when you try to respond to offer, you are taken to another page.  At the left side of the page, you see a little box with the name of the offerer.  Click on that box.  You are then taken to another page that has the "respond" button and the "make counter offer" choice.

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Best offer is now working correctly for me...........the counteroffer link is as it has always been.........

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

duchess-at-speakeasy
(Don't forget that Thursday night is eBay maintenance night! No matter what they are "fixing," the rest of the site just stalls or fails completely. I avoid trying to do anything on eBay on Thursdays after about 9 p.m. Pacific time.)
I actually had two sales Thurs. night! Must be a glitch 🙂
Message 30 of 30
latest reply