cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay return and MBG policies

Over a week ago, I shipped an item and it was at the buyer's door in less than 48hrs.  Unfortunately, the USPS could not complete the delivery and marked the package as "no access" in the tracking record.  Today the buyer opens a INR case.  I respond by giving the tracking number and pointing out the no access record.  Further suggest contacting the local post office, wich hopefully still has the package.  Buyer refuses to do anything and wants a full refund.  eBay is already suggesting I give the full refund.  I know if I bring it to eBay's attention, that the package is most likely available for pick up at the PO, I'll be subjected to losing the FVFs when they rule in the buyer's favor.  Since eBay has always ruled in the buyers favor with me, even in cases of outright fraud, I hesitate to ask eBay to step in and force the buyer to go pick up his package.  I'm most likely already out my shipping cost and the item and there isn't a thing I can do as a seller.

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

What exactly is the tracking status of the package right now? When was it last scanned? Has your buyer actually refused to go and pick it up, or...?

A status of Receptacle Blocked/No Access is pretty dramatic as far as not getting any packages delivered, so I'd expect something else to happen as well: a Notice Left or something like that. Can you try calling the local PO yourself to see if it really is still on the shelf there? (I'm wondering, in other words, if there was some kind of scanning error and the package really was delivered instead.)

Message 2 of 64
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

What exactly is the tracking status of the package right now? When was it last scanned? Has your buyer actually refused to go and pick it up, or...?

A status of Receptacle Blocked/No Access is pretty dramatic as far as not getting any packages delivered, so I'd expect something else to happen as well: a Notice Left or something like that. Can you try calling the local PO yourself to see if it really is still on the shelf there? (I'm wondering, in other words, if there was some kind of scanning error and the package really was delivered instead.)

Yeah, I had one a few weeks back where there was no secure location for delivery, so the tracking status showed it as "Notice Left" with a footnote that it would be available for pickup at the PO for two weeks and would then be sent back to me if it was not picked up within that timeframe.  I would definitely call the local PO and find out if it is in fact there at the post office, because it's very odd that there was both no redelivery attempt AND no "Notice Left" tracking status.

Message 3 of 64
latest reply

Possibly the Post Office can send it back to you if you ask when you call.

There can be a fee for a package recall, I think it is ten to twelve dollars.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 64
latest reply

NO NO NO you do not refund the buyer in this circumstance immedieately--you have messaged them and told them that the package is with the postal service--no access propably means  their receptacle is blocked You do not refund until the item is sent back. They cant send it back because it is still at the post office. Track this package down by calling the P.O. where it is being held now. Call the ebay rep once you have located the package. Go from there.

Message 5 of 64
latest reply

Tell the buyer you are actively calling their P.O. to locate the package FOR THEM. Tell them also they can go their local P.O. as well. Be helpful to them in finding the package.

Message 6 of 64
latest reply

Call Ebay and have them put a note on this return request until the package is located and that you will do whatever is best for the buyer after that. Do not allow the case to time out before you do this.

Message 7 of 64
latest reply

What? the rep told you that you should refund the buyer immediately due to buyer refusing to pick it up.  If that is correct you better be calling the P.O. and find the package and have it forewarded back to you before you agree to what the rep suggested. Geez, what the heck where they thinking.

Message 8 of 64
latest reply

"No Access" is often an unrestrained dog problem... anyhow, they can't leave a notice if there's no access. 

The Floggings Will Continue Until Morale Improves.
Message 9 of 64
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

What? the rep told you that you should refund the buyer immediately due to buyer refusing to pick it up.  If that is correct you better be calling the P.O. and find the package and have it forewarded back to you before you agree to what the rep suggested. Geez, what the heck where they thinking.

The post office is saying they can't deliver it.  Since it doesn't show "Delivered", that's an auto-refund with eBay.  It's ridiculous, but that's the policy.  eBay does not require their buyers to be able to receive mail deliveries, I guess...

Message 10 of 64
latest reply

He doesnt have to go through the last sentence if he calls the P.O. and gets the package forewarded back to him and then refund the buyer when he gets it back. My concern here is that it seems like from what poster stated is that the rep told him to refund before he got the package back.

Message 11 of 64
latest reply

Absolutely crazy!

Message 12 of 64
latest reply

Severly sprained both jumping through hoops?

Message 13 of 64
latest reply

Oh you are absolutely correct...refunding while at the Post Office...INSANE!

Mr C

Message 14 of 64
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

He doesnt have to go through the last sentence if he calls the P.O. and gets the package forewarded back to him and then refund the buyer when he gets it back. My concern here is that it seems like from what poster stated is that the rep told him to refund before he got the package back.

If he doesn't do anything, it will be weeks before he gets the package back.  eBay will refund for him long before that.   More likely, the "no access" problem will be resolved in a couple of days, and the package will be delivered.   If eBay already refunded, he'll be outta luck, eBay won't make the buyer re-pay. 

Message 15 of 64
latest reply