cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay return and MBG policies

Over a week ago, I shipped an item and it was at the buyer's door in less than 48hrs.  Unfortunately, the USPS could not complete the delivery and marked the package as "no access" in the tracking record.  Today the buyer opens a INR case.  I respond by giving the tracking number and pointing out the no access record.  Further suggest contacting the local post office, wich hopefully still has the package.  Buyer refuses to do anything and wants a full refund.  eBay is already suggesting I give the full refund.  I know if I bring it to eBay's attention, that the package is most likely available for pick up at the PO, I'll be subjected to losing the FVFs when they rule in the buyer's favor.  Since eBay has always ruled in the buyers favor with me, even in cases of outright fraud, I hesitate to ask eBay to step in and force the buyer to go pick up his package.  I'm most likely already out my shipping cost and the item and there isn't a thing I can do as a seller.

Message 1 of 64
latest reply
63 REPLIES 63

Sorry for any confusion the edits may have caused. The edits were to the topic title only. Thanks for your understanding. If you have any questions in regards to the edit, please contact me via private message.

Message 61 of 64
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@a_c_green wrote:

Hi @Anonymous, 

When "No Access" is recorded, it generally indicates the buyer can arrange pickup with the shipper, but we would be able to protect a seller right away.

Are you sure that's the case here? Reason I ask is that the buyer has opened an Item Not Received case, which as you know should close automatically if the seller uploads a tracking number showing a Delivered status in the buyer's City and ZIP. Obviously that hasn't happened, and if the case times out, which it appears it is about to do, then eBay will refund the buyer and the seller will get a defect, correct?

At minimum, should the seller be requesting a manual intervention to get the INR closed now, based on your explanation of how "No Access" is officially interpreted? (The buyer has shown no inclination to go and collect it, but the seller should not be penalized for that.)

An item not received case will not automatically be closed when a seller provides a tracking number. There are sellers that send out replacements or offer refunds even when tracking confirms delivery, so we won't automatically close these cases. If customer service reviews this case, we would close it for the seller, but our system does not proactively take this action. 

Are you saying that if a seller sends out a replacement or offers a refund this means you won't automatically close the case? In other words, seller goes above and beyond... and then gets punished for it?

Or is the wording just off there?

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 62 of 64
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@retrose1 wrote:

Look for a Paypal case for INR being opened very soon.  That is usually what happens when ebay closes a case for the seller.  And since ebay and paypal are 'seperate' companies now, there is nothing ebay can or will do to help you.

Want to step in and clarify that if a case is escalated to eBay for a decision, the buyer would not have the option of going to PayPal to pursue another case. While are separate companies, PayPal can see that an investigation has already occured on our end and a decision was made.

Unless something just changed, sellers have to CALL PayPal and get them to look at the eBay case to have PP close it. If eBay and PayPal finally, REALLY, closed the 'two bites at the apple' loophole, that'd be great.

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 63 of 64
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

If eBay and PayPal finally, REALLY, closed the 'two bites at the apple' loophole, that'd be great.

I propose that "trips to the pig trough" becomes the industry standard phrase."  😄

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 64 of 64
latest reply