cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Nothing I have up is selling!!

So, this year I decided to reopen shop after Ebay wiped all of my listings from 2018 that had ended. Now, I sell use sheet music and books. I am NOT an expert seller and just a beginner. But I've had this Ebay account for 16 months and only sold maybe 5 or 6 items? This year, 0 items? And I know I'm not perfect at this, but it seems so slow and I have many items at a base price where with fees, I would make almost nothing if I went lower. 

I donno if it's me, but nothing's selling and I am up to 'here' with it.

Help me, please!!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Middle of Illinois.

Oh puhleeze, robot.  Normal (or even Bloomington) is not middle of Illinois; it's upstate.  I grew up south of Decatur and that is smack dab in the middle of nowhere Illinois.  Centralia (misnamed) is about where they start talking with southern accents.

innocentlaughing

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 61 of 71
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

Middle of Illinois.

Oh puhleeze, robot.  Normal (or even Bloomington) is not middle of Illinois; it's upstate.  I grew up south of Decatur and that is smack dab in the middle of nowhere Illinois.  Centralia (misnamed) is about where they start talking with southern accents.

innocentlaughing

I have a drawl for no reason what-so-ever.

Central Illinois is a region of the U.S. state of Illinois that consists of the entire central third of the state, divided from north to south. It is an area of mostly flat prairie. The western section (west of the Illinois River) was originally part of the Military Tract of 1812 and forms the distinctive western bulge of the state. Also known as the Heart of Illinois, it is characterized by small towns and mid-sized cities. Agriculture, particularly corn and soybeans, as well as educational institutions and manufacturing centers, figure prominently. Major cities include Peoria, Springfield (the state capital), Decatur, Quincy, Champaign–Urbana, Bloomington-Normal, Galesburg, and Danville.

Message 62 of 71
latest reply

I go though ebay just looking at other peoples  items and they got them so cheap and no shipping I don't understand how they can do that I don't know how would you make money like that but I'm in the same situation I thought eBay was a good place to sell but I think there's just too many people on there that's probably just distributors selling  stuff for nothing

Message 63 of 71
latest reply

me to.  people watch,  maybe they try to sell same thing.     people buy basics,   no hobby stuff.......   i presume they have no money.    nothing to be done,  no money  IS NO MONEY.       TIME TO ELL OUT  ,IF YOU CAN  head for the woods. 

Message 64 of 71
latest reply

Hey! Sorry you are having bad luck, u would most certainly do better by just going to a thrift store and picking up 25 totally random things blindfolded and listing them.. Your issues are the items you are selling. Seriously tho go to a thrift store and look for stuff that you think would have value, trust me there will be something there u just have to look. What i do if i dont know the value of something is to look at sold listings on ebay(look at price and how often and recent they have sold).

Message 65 of 71
latest reply

e bay won't advertise  while it's competitors do ,, that's part of the problem . Potential  buyers are seeing TV ads  and while the site is fresh on their mind   they go there ,, not here . It's really pretty simple . So much so that anyone even with a third rate education in marketing  knows ,, but then  that could be part of the problem as well.  Tulips 

Message 66 of 71
latest reply

@turquoisetulips wrote:

e bay won't advertise  while it's competitors do ,, that's part of the problem . Potential  buyers are seeing TV ads  and while the site is fresh on their mind   they go there ,, not here . It's really pretty simple . So much so that anyone even with a third rate education in marketing  knows ,, but then  that could be part of the problem as well.  Tulips 

They even stated that sales and revenue for the site would decrease because cutting back on marketing, then went on to detail how they're loading the marketing expenses on the backs of the sellers with their promotional listings fees - Wenig went on about a target of $1 billion 'realised' - all I kept thinking was "How did he get this job?" Well, he doesn't have that job anymore so, I wonder if we'll see some advertising again. I already do marketing but that's just through my social media accounts but I'm only one little person. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 67 of 71
latest reply

Wow ! I wonder why he didn't add he was going to pass out ''Kick me''  signs  free to all the sellers ?  Tulips 

Message 68 of 71
latest reply

i think if you could list alot of stuff say thousands of items for free you could make money but from my understanding if you list more then 50 you have to pay a fee every month

Message 69 of 71
latest reply

Fewer real collectors now.

Message 70 of 71
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 71 of 71
latest reply