cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! My shipping and handling keeps changing to "free" after I list an item

Okay, I primarily sell new, used, and vintage clothing on eBay, and for the last month or so, about 1/3 of my listings have changed to free, or - Seller pays - shipping AT SOME POINT AFTER I LIST IT. I don't know if it's an anomaly in the site code, or a hack, or (and I think this is most likely) a glitch in the mobile app. I say this because the durations of auctions often change on me (back to the default of 7), OR when I try to modify the duration, my starting price will DISAPPEAR right in front of my eyes, if I've already entered it (no biggie, just retype it, but my point is that there are clear glitches within the mobile app specifically).

I NEVER pay shipping. I weigh every item on a scale with its packaging and select from First Class, Parcel Select, Priority 1-2 lbs., or flat rate priority envelope. I'm not the eBay master or anything, but I know what I'm doing with shipping. I thought I was going crazy and accidentally listing things with no shipping charges, so my husband and I went through EVERY ACTIVE LISTING, to make sure there were no more. Now today, three of the six things sold (which we had just made sure were charging the customer for post) have FREE SHIPPING!! W.T.@#$...??!

My prices for pre-owned jeans are often lower than the price of mailing them - I can't keep absorbing these hits. What do I do?
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Help! My shipping and handling keeps changing to "free" after I list an item

Your not alone it happens to me often I go back thru and check and have to change again often sometimes you haven't caught it and it makes me so angry grrrrr.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

Re: Help! My shipping and handling keeps changing to "free" after I list an item

And you need to revive a thread that's over a year old to state this?

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

Hello Everyone,

Due to the age of the thread, it has been closed to further replies.  Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thanks for understanding!

Message 18 of 18
latest reply