cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you seen your views plummet the last few days? Is the view counter broken?

Has anyone else seen their views plummet the last few days. Normally on my selling account within 24 hours I would have 10s to 100s of views on items. Now I'm lucky to have 5. Is this a glitch from rolling out the new promoted listings? Other ebay seller centric forums found on other sites have exploded in complaints about the number of views the past 2 days. Some are claiming they have more watchers than views. Glitch? Something else? 

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

@coffeebean832 

It appears something shifted somewhere- will eBay offer no real insight as to what's happening?

Message 16 of 32
latest reply

More watchers than views is not a glitch.

It's a glitch.  1 watcher divided by 0 views is a glitch no matter what computer science is applied to the reasoning

Message 17 of 32
latest reply

My views haven't plummeted. There was a substantial drop overall at the beginning of the month, but that is because my PL campaign (on all items) ended the end of Sept. But that "drop" was in line with what I'd expect in the absence of a PL campaign. I restarted a PL campaign a couple days ago, but it includes less than half of my listings. Again, I can't really say the views appear to be abnormal. I will be adding more items into the campaign in the near future, and I'll see what effect that has....

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I don't doubt some people are seeing a dramatic decline, but we aren't all seeing it, and, as usual, it's worth considering that people who are not seeing a dramatic decline are less likely to come to the Boards (or elsewhere) asking "My views are about normal. Anyone else?"

I don't know if it or isn't widespread. Just pointing out that this might not be as widespread as some assume.

Message 18 of 32
latest reply

Ebay knows but they are not telling.  Everything on our end is just speculation. 

Message 19 of 32
latest reply

and the adsteam replies on this thread supposedly from Ebay is a total form letter, says the same thing in other threads, "we will give this to our teams". they aren't doing anything. Why would they? They're model is working. Its infuriating, especially this time of year. But I pretty much 100 percent can count on Ebay not doing anything. There is no team. 

Message 20 of 32
latest reply

@coffeebean832,

I understand your frustration with the my response yesterday. When there are widespread reports of similar performance changes like this, we take action to investigate, fix any issues and keep the seller community updated on the resolution. At this time we are actively investigating. We appreciate your understanding and commit to sharing updates as soon as possible.

Message 21 of 32
latest reply

I hate to get pulled into theories, but there does seem to be a pattern / coincidence. 

Since the promoted advance listings launched, things do seem to be slow. August stunk which is normal, but this pat August was bad for me! September was better which is normal! October not starting good with the P.A.L.!

Some have posted the "make offer" is not working. If true, eBay should give us sellers some type o credit. I can't say that I have an issue as a buyer, but maybe the seller is not seeing my offer and maybe I'm not seeing buyer offers.

Sales should start up very soon due to the logistics issue. National news show dozens of cargo ships off the cost of California waiting to dock. Some ships are waiting up tp 10 days to dock!

Local stores are taking advantage of the issue! $600+ for artificial Christmas trees. Due to that issue, the real /  live Christmas trees are expected to go up.  I checked Balsam Hill Site and their prices are high as well. Halloween decorations are in low supply and higher priced. 

You just wonder at times what is really going on. No economist, professor, or CEO seen this issue coming?

Time to bring back the manufacturing from China that was supposedly to start in 2016 and 2017.  

Message 22 of 32
latest reply

adsteam@ebay wrote:

@coffeebean832,

I understand your frustration with the my response yesterday. When there are widespread reports of similar performance changes like this, we take action to investigate, fix any issues and keep the seller community updated on the resolution. At this time we are actively investigating. We appreciate your understanding and commit to sharing updates as soon as possible.

Thank you adsteam@ebay for the response and for recognizing how widespread these reports have been across the community, facebook, twitter and other online forums. I'm sure all those affected will appreciate any insights you can offer.

Message 23 of 32
latest reply

'Promoted Listings Standard promotes your listings with ads across the eBay network. Promoted Listings Advanced targets the top spot in search.'

Aren't the seller fees we are already being charged enough? Now we have to pay more fees to make more sales? I think it's up to eBay to drive more promotions across the 'inter webs' to get more traffic to their site and then subsequently to us! 

Remember eBay, you work for US, your sellers!!

No sellers....no eBay!

Message 24 of 32
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

There are only so many people who can be on top, and with more and more using PL it is logical to say PL will become less and less useful. The best way is to have lowest price as that is what shoppers use when searching oversaturated categories with tens of thousands of the same thing to choose from. I doubt Ebay can do anything to get you more sales and am surprised you think they can.

This doesn't even make sense. What use would the lowest price even have if customers aren't able to see the listings in the first place?

Beyond that, with more and more people that use PL, that's only making it PL more and more necessary, as your competition will be getting more and more views, and unless you match them you won't get as much visibility.

This comment makes it clear that the intent was to cause the OP grief by accusing them of "wanting more sales", and shows very little understanding or knowledge of how to compete on eBay with PL. 

Message 25 of 32
latest reply

@webuywesell wrote:

Has anyone else seen their views plummet the last few days. Normally on my selling account within 24 hours I would have 10s to 100s of views on items. Now I'm lucky to have 5. Is this a glitch from rolling out the new promoted listings? Other ebay seller centric forums found on other sites have exploded in complaints about the number of views the past 2 days. Some are claiming they have more watchers than views. Glitch? Something else? 

There's a lot of glitches going on right now, they made big changes to many systems. Furthermore, the PL system is a mess right now. We turned our rates down to test due to the problems others were having, then turned it back up HIGHER than we began. It led to not only a loss of PL impressions (it never reached the level we were originally at, despite investing more now) - it showed that reducing PL rates now decreases your organic impressions too!

Something must be really messed up in their system if organic impressions are being altered at all by PL.

PL_10-08-2021.png

We regret touching our rates at all. Because TEMPORARILY lowering the rates caused a permanent loss of ~50k PL impressions AND ~50k organic impressions per day!

Message 26 of 32
latest reply

@titipeo wrote:

I don't care about views, sales are what I care about, and they have taken a nosedive. 

Then you very much care about views.

Without views you would have a grand total of zero lifetime sales.

Message 27 of 32
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

Some have posted the "make offer" is not working. If true, eBay should give us sellers some type o credit. I can't say that I have an issue as a buyer,

Can you recall when was the last time Ebay gave credit to their sellers due to a Glitch? 

I can't.

Message 28 of 32
latest reply

You are correct on that!

It should be the ethical thing to do to keep your customers happy and keep them listing. Without sellers, there is no eBay. 

Message 29 of 32
latest reply

@zamo-zuan  Ebay hides nothing. You sell with a million others so it just happens that people do not search a million items. Sorry for your loss.

Message 30 of 32
latest reply