cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have you seen your views plummet the last few days? Is the view counter broken?

Has anyone else seen their views plummet the last few days. Normally on my selling account within 24 hours I would have 10s to 100s of views on items. Now I'm lucky to have 5. Is this a glitch from rolling out the new promoted listings? Other ebay seller centric forums found on other sites have exploded in complaints about the number of views the past 2 days. Some are claiming they have more watchers than views. Glitch? Something else? 

Message 1 of 32
latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Have you seen your views plummet the last few days? Is the view counter broken?

sales have plummeted in the last few days   Strange indeed

Message 2 of 32
latest reply

Re: Have you seen your views plummet the last few days? Is the view counter broken?

I was wondering the same thing, is that a "Advanced Promoted Listing" related issue? 

Message 3 of 32
latest reply

This may answer your plummeting views question-

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/View-Counter-amp-Invalid-Traffic/td-p/32258920

More watchers than views is not a glitch. There are several ways to add items to your watch list without actually opening up the listing. One example is through your saved searches feed.

Message 4 of 32
latest reply

@flyingmvp wrote:

I was wondering the same thing, is that a "Advanced Promoted Listing" related issue? 

Am guessing, yes.

And I do not think it is a "glitch", but a by-product of the tweaking and changes with PLA Beta.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 5 of 32
latest reply

@webuywesell   I would tend to agree with @katzrul15 ... the fall off of visibility and subsequently Views may have something to do with eBay updating their entire platform to incorporate some of the new features they recently announced ...

They should be getting that ironed out soon because we are nearing the end of the Quarter and they may need to get some more cash flowing to keep the Shareholders happy ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 6 of 32
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@webuywesell   I would tend to agree with @katzrul15 ... the fall off of visibility and subsequently Views may have something to do with eBay updating their entire platform to incorporate some of the new features they recently announced ...

They should be getting that ironed out soon because we are nearing the end of the Quarter and they may need to get some more cash flowing to keep the Shareholders happy ...

@mr_lincoln 

I SO hope you are right!!!  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 7 of 32
latest reply

I don't care about views, sales are what I care about, and they have taken a nosedive. 

Message 8 of 32
latest reply

Do you think this is permanent or will straighten itself out?

Message 9 of 32
latest reply

Our sales have nose dived the last 2-3 weeks ….. Been selling for 20 years …… Something is up and we will never find out ….. Very discouraged !

Message 10 of 32
latest reply

Hi @webuywesell,

Thank you for your question/concern, we will share your feedback with the proper teams.

As a reminder, a number of factors can cause an increase or decrease in your Promoted Listings Standard visibility, clicks, or sales. You can learn more here.

Promoted Listings Standard promotes your listings with ads across the eBay network. Promoted Listings Advanced targets the top spot in search.

Message 11 of 32
latest reply

adsteam@ebay- I appreciate you taking the time to come here. With how widespread this issue has been across this community and other online forums- is there nothing more you can do than to say you'll pass the FB along and that everything is operating with normal ebbs and flows? It appears something shifted somewhere- will eBay offer no real insight as to what's happening?

Message 12 of 32
latest reply

It might have something to do with the "make an offer" glitch.

New layout won't open keyboard on handheld devices and I myself have given up buying on eBay because of this.

Spoke with CS and they're still trying to figure it out.

Message 13 of 32
latest reply

There are only so many people who can be on top, and with more and more using PL it is logical to say PL will become less and less useful. The best way is to have lowest price as that is what shoppers use when searching oversaturated categories with tens of thousands of the same thing to choose from. I doubt Ebay can do anything to get you more sales and am surprised you think they can.

Message 14 of 32
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

I doubt Ebay can do anything to get you more sales and am surprised you think they can.

My sales aren't down. I never said I thought eBay could get any seller more sales.

Why am I responding when you didn't even read what I wrote the first time?

Message 15 of 32
latest reply