cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Counter & Invalid Traffic

Since there's no chat this week, I'm asking here.

velvet@ebay jasmen@ebay 

Can you provide more context for this informational note on Seller Hub as it relates to listing views? I assume eBay will no longer be counting the "bot" views when a listing indexes- but what else would be considered invalid traffic?

views.png

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@coffeebean832 wrote:

velvet@ebay jasmen@ebay 

Can you provide more context for this informational note on Seller Hub as it relates to listing views? I assume eBay will no longer be counting the "bot" views when a listing indexes- but what else would be considered invalid traffic?

views.png

Hey @coffeebean832! You are right that bot views are now considered invalid traffic. The other change is to remove duplicate views. It's our goal to provide our sellers with the most accurate information possible and we hope this new methodology of page view counts will help! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thank you. Can you define duplicate view velvet@ebay? The same person viewing the same listing within X amount of time? 1 hour? 24 hours?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

velvet@ebay jasmen@ebay 

views.png

To carry that forward did the previously made suggestion to make views and or promoted listings a sortable column in Sellers Hub end up on the cutting room floor. There may have been others suggested but those are 2 that would be most helpful. Having the first sort would streamline the process for sellers with a high number of views to update "stale" listings. 

I'm still baffled by the change with watchers requiring 5 before they display. For some sellers having any watchers triggers sales.

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Thank you. Can you define duplicate view velvet@ebay? The same person viewing the same listing within X amount of time? 1 hour? 24 hours?

Hey @coffeebean832! I had to reach out for more info about this, but I'll follow-up with you once I have heard back. 😊

Velvet,
eBay
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

velvet@ebay- Any updates?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have any as of yet @coffeebean832. I'll let you know if they come back with something I can share though. Thanks! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 7 of 10
latest reply

velvet@ebay- The info note was removed from the views column a while ago- it was there for such a short time that I'm wondering if eBay is still removing what they consider invalid traffic?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

velvet@ebay- The info note was removed from the views column a while ago- it was there for such a short time that I'm wondering if eBay is still removing what they consider invalid traffic?

I can definitely see where you're coming from @coffeebean832 as you're right, it was short lived. As soon as I have more info I'll make sure you do too!  😊

Velvet,
eBay
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Unfortunately I don't have any as of yet @coffeebean832. I'll let you know if they come back with something I can share though. Thanks! 

Good morning,

Your reply is curiously written.  Might it imply that you have heard 'something' back, but are not permitted to forward/share that information?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 10 of 10
latest reply