cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has there been a change to markdown events??

We typically run weekly sale events on our store but as of Oct 1st any new listings we have added to sale event are still pending for nearly 24 hours.   This is disappointing as we're missing out on a lot of new listing traffic since our items aren't being reflected at our targeted price.

From what I understand Ebay used to have a policy that new listings had to be on site for 14 days before being eligible for markdown events but was later scrapped.  I'm just wondering if something else has gone into effect now.

Anyone else experiencing same issue?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Has there been a change to markdown events??

My sale has been pending for over 30 hours now and my husband and I have spent hours on the phone dealing with eBay reps who have confirmed that it is a known glitch. They have their techs working on it and told me that there is no work around and couldn't give me an estimate of when this will be fixed. I'm so frustrated that Q4 is starting out this way. Sales are tanking because of this. My buyers like to see a markdown and just like you my items are currently not being seen at the targeted price. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I'm in this boat also. First tier support told me it takes 24-hours from start time for the sale to actually start. I'm beginning to wonder if she just didn't want to deal with me. Have either of you had any resolution?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

We have been seeing increasing issues/delays with markdown sales as well.  I brought it up in the community chat yesterday and the eBay rep asked me to provide examples.  I have started a thread to provide examples and tagged that rep.  If you could respond to that thread with item numbers/examples that you have had issues with for eBay to look it, I'd appreciate it.  Maybe if they see examples from multiple people, they'll dig into it further and fix whatever is causing these delays.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Promotion-Manager-Markdown-Sale-Delays-Follow-Up-To-Weekly-Cha...

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

This may or not be a solution. 

Are you having problems with a 'relist' of a markdown event or a new markdown event? 

If it's a 'relist' of a markdown, you're supposed to wait a two to three hour period between when the event expires and when you relist it.  Sometimes when I haven't waited this 'grace period' to relist the event, I have had problems getting the event to work properly. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@vinylease wrote:

This may or not be a solution. 

Are you having problems with a 'relist' of a markdown event or a new markdown event? 

If it's a 'relist' of a markdown, you're supposed to wait a two to three hour period between when the event expires and when you relist it.  Sometimes when I haven't waited this 'grace period' to relist the event, I have had problems getting the event to work properly. 

Thanks for the suggestion.  Not sure about what the OP of this thread is experiencing, but I've experienced the issue both with relists and with new markdown events.

Usually when it is a relist, it is well past the 2-3 hours, like for example sometimes I'll take a sale I ran over a  weekend and use that as the basis to start a new markdown event with that same group of items a few days or even a week later.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply