cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever reported a buyer for a return case...

Has anyone ever reported a buyer on a return case? Like for claiming false things about the listing and thats why they are returning it or didn't match description but you knew the buyer was lying. Or have you ever reported a buyer for returning the items with missing pieces and damage? My real question is after you report the buyer for these reasons and ebay gives you the standard "we can't tell you what we will do or what will happen to buyer, but the buyer will be dealt with...blah blah blah..."

What does happen? Ebay makes it sound like they send a form email to the buyer or something. Has anyone ever been the buyer and been reported on by seller? If so, what does ebay really do once you are reported. Just curious. Thanks. 

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: Has anyone ever reported a buyer for a return case...

Oh I took no offense at all and didn't think you thought I was doing it for revenge because they opened a return or anything. I just wanted to put it out there, believe I have made mistakes and I own it when it is my fault and have no issue taking care of my customers. I do know you meant that as a general statement because I am sure some buyers & sellers report each other out of spite. I didn't feel I needed to justify myself. I always appreciate your feedback and I see you been around quite awhile and are very knowledgeable so just was telling you my buying experiences...Lol.. learned my lesson and check sellers out better too. I know it goes both ways. This guy was just a jerk, hate to call anyone names but he was well you know, bout the situation. I would have been like ok, if he just said I don't like what I got and I didn't read the description and I want to return it. Just be honest, would have been better but then he had to be rude and nasty. I totally would have worked it out with him or just said right off the bat, if you are not happy just send back for refund. I mean why destroy and steal from me? Come on and talk nasty to me. I know I did the right thing reporting him about that.
Thanks again and I am sure I will need your advice again in the future...LOL
Always learning something new.
Message 31 of 37
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

This really isn't reporting for a return, but reporting for abuse of money back guarantee, which is the correct thing to do.  Abusive buyers have had their MBG privileges suspended before.

That can happen, but it isn't the only sanction Ebay has in its arsenal.  And that would not likely be the first sanction Ebay would do with a buyer either.  But if they persist yes.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 32 of 37
latest reply

@dinpavent0 

Good.  I just wanted to make sure.

I'm usually around if you need me.

Stay safe and healthy.

Message 33 of 37
latest reply

Thanks!! I really do appreciate your time and getting back to me so quickly also with answers I need. You also stay safe and take care! Have a great nite!!
Message 34 of 37
latest reply

Yes and as a matter of fact just reported another. Will continue to do so as it just goes to show their persona in times like these.
Message 35 of 37
latest reply

ebay does nothing does not help or protect the seller only helps buyers who tell them to return the product and return a product that is not yours is another and ebay gives them in their favor and returns the money without doing any kind of checkup , the buyer leaves you a negative feedback that hurts you and lies this is a theft of your product
Message 36 of 37
latest reply

@helmarmall2015 wrote:
ebay does nothing does not help or protect the seller only helps buyers who tell them to return the product and return a product that is not yours is another and ebay gives them in their favor and returns the money without doing any kind of checkup , the buyer leaves you a negative feedback that hurts you and lies this is a theft of your product

Have you asked Ebay to remove the FB?

@helmarmall2015 

Message 37 of 37
latest reply