cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else had a rash of returns in April?

Hi All,

I started selling last August and from then until March I'd only had two returns. Now, in April, I've had 5 returns. Reasons being "just didn't like" and "so sorry, doesn't fit". All the items were NWT and none of them had Free Shipping. Just seems strange that a cluster of folks are okay with losing 2-way postage on somewhat inexpensive clothing items. I know it's better than SNAD cases, but just seems way off the norm. Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks In Advance!

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Has anyone else had a rash of returns in April?

March and April have been horrendous for returns for me.  All "doesn't fit" or "wrong size".  It's like this every year for us, and calms down around June.  I think it's people getting tax returns, and splurging, so maybe people who don't buy on ebay regularly, or they have a little extra and regret spending it once it's said and done.

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

So far I have had good luck with returns in the last two months.  Only one person said they did not receive the merchandise but we gave it a few more days and it arrived.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Thanks for the reply. Have you noticed the increase in returns affects your sales? It would seem more returns= less sales. I did read that a high return rate (I'm at 1.85% now) pushes you down in search. I could understand if the returns were SNADs but not from buyer remorse or not reading measurements. Some days it's like shoveling sand against the tide Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

@mybaseballcardspace wrote:

So far I have had good luck with returns in the last two months.  Only one person said they did not receive the merchandise but we gave it a few more days and it arrived.

I am always happy to hear that other sellers are doing well! Hopefully my luck will turn around!

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Its been really bad for us to.  Lots of returns and sales are way down.  Best regards

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Yes returns are high this month. Looks like ebay placed the "return this item" button in a more visible spot so buyers can easily see it.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Yep.  Ebay's making policies worse for sellers and buyers might be realizing it.  

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Returns and SNAD claims have slowly increased for us over time.

But, lately, so few sales....

Have to have sales for returns.

But, I would pick no sales over the hassle of returns & SNADS.

guess it's something to be grateful for.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

In March, I had two returns. A buyer damaged the packaging and wanted to return the item. Another buyer claimed my photos didn't show scratches on an item. They never returned the item to me, probably changed their mind.

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I have that happen sometimes too.  They were likely fishing for a partial refund.  

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Returns and SNAD claims have slowly increased for us over time.

But, lately, so few sales....

Have to have sales for returns.

But, I would pick no sales over the hassle of returns & SNADS.

guess it's something to be grateful for.

This is what makes me so sad. Now sellers would rather have no sales than face possible fraudulent returns and/or Snads.

Not sure if knowing others are in the same boat helps, but I truly hope things pick up for you!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

Yes it does seem return requests have increased lately. Some buyers are honest and pay for the return shipping...many use any excuse for NASD & I have to pay the shipping! I just think more buyers are now aware of this little "trick"! Then to add insult to injury, eBay wants us to offer FREE RETURNS on everything! A small individual seller cannot do that and survive in this enviroment.

I often think USPS makes more money than I do on eBay!

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@resalerackrebel wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Have you noticed the increase in returns affects your sales? It would seem more returns= less sales. I did read that a high return rate (I'm at 1.85% now) pushes you down in search. I could understand if the returns were SNADs but not from buyer remorse or not reading measurements. Some days it's like shoveling sand against the tide Smiley Sad

More returns than normal, but sales for this time of year are up 30% or so.   As for returns having an effect on search placement, I'm not really sure.  We do promoted listings on everything at 1% so we can always have 2 listings for each item floating in searches.  Our returns are always silly stuff...  the one we have coming back now is because the 19.5" necklace isn't long enough...  If anyone knows where I can find an extra long 19.5" necklace, just let me know lol.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply