cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harry Temkin Leaving

Was announced/said on June Seller Check in.........no reason or date............

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Harry Temkin Leaving

Are we sad or glad?

Sorry I don't know anything about him.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Harry Temkin Leaving

He's responsible for most of the "new stuff"...........listing form, Item Specific, coupons...

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Harry Temkin Leaving

Odd timing.....especially with all the recent changes/platform hype

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Harry Temkin Leaving

So I would say we are pleased as punch.

Happy as a pig in poo.. 

BYE BYE Harry, don't let the item specifics hit you in the hiney on your way out.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Harry Temkin Leaving

😁

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Harry Temkin Leaving

When Harry was done with his section, and turned it over to Andrea, my screen froze.  I waited and waited, and nothing happened, so I went digging in my email for the link, and when I finally got back in, everyone was saying goodbye to Harry.  Not many details, but I got the gist that he was leaving after 3 years.  I'm guessing he either got promoted or leaving ebay for greener pastures?

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Harry Temkin Leaving

Odd place to announce it, we thought.  I checked Google and no press release on it.  He's been a "face" both on Ebay and off.......so kind of odd to me also.   The Seller Check in has a "who did you like the most" and Harry has won....almost each time......just because he seems to talk "straight".......admit when things need to be changed, like the listing form etc.  Seemed to me to be the type that could cut thru the bureaucracy and get things done.....so I count it as a loss........   

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Harry Temkin Leaving

I'll admit I gave Harry and his team a bit of a hard time about the Listing Quality Report when it was first rolled out earlier this year.

I'll also admit I was impressed when he took the time to join the community to respond and when he had several members of the product team responsible for the report reach out to me personally to address some of the issues I raised.  Many people would not have handled tough feedback quite so gracefully in that position. 😉

I'm definitely interested to hear the details and where eBay plans to go from here with the role Harry filled. 

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Harry Temkin Leaving

@valueaddedresource wrote:

I'll admit I gave Harry and his team a bit of a hard time about the Listing Quality Report when it was first rolled out earlier this year.

I'll also admit I was impressed when he took the time to join the community to respond and when he had several members of the product team responsible for the report reach out to me personally to address some of the issues I raised.  Many people would not have handled tough feedback quite so gracefully in that position. 😉

I'm definitely interested to hear the details and where eBay plans to go from here with the role Harry filled. 

I would guess Mohan, at least temporarily ......he was the face of new stuff before Harry, but I don't think he had (showed) the wider vision Harry did.  He made good presentations of "what will be" but perhaps didn't have the assertiveness to ram it thru all the layers.......or didn't have the authority. 

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Harry Temkin Leaving

@dhbookds  - what else was discussed?  Registered for it, but had 2 day job conflicts and web-x to attend so did not.  Anything else exciting on the horizon?

Posting ID Only.......
Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Harry Temkin Leaving

@katzrul15 

I didn't watch this one, Kat.......Someone told me about Harry........hopefully someone else can answer......

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Harry Temkin Leaving

I don't know who Harry is but I will miss him. lets not be sad he's gone, but happy because he was here 🙂

kb8jl2334ra8e5vhl53f3om6u3ba.gifdownload.jpg

I am not an eBay employee but I sure feel like one sometimes
eBay Community Mentor Since 8-07-2023
Used to be panda75654
This is my only account. I do not own any other eBay accounts and will not ask for personal information. Stay safe!
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

Harry Temkin Leaving

They usually archive it within a week so you can watch it here and here.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Harry Temkin Leaving

It was great having an ear to listen directly to the sellers. He has been outstanding with that. 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply