cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Harry Temkin Leaving

Was announced/said on June Seller Check in.........no reason or date............

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Harry Temkin Leaving

@selecttech wrote:

It was great having an ear to listen directly to the sellers. He has been outstanding with that. 

Hummm perhaps I was a little quick to condemn him up thread..

Most of the recent changes, I do not like but...

Dealing with the devil you know is often better than the devil you don't 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 16 of 17
latest reply

Harry Temkin Leaving

@dhbookds wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

I'll admit I gave Harry and his team a bit of a hard time about the Listing Quality Report when it was first rolled out earlier this year.

I'll also admit I was impressed when he took the time to join the community to respond and when he had several members of the product team responsible for the report reach out to me personally to address some of the issues I raised.  Many people would not have handled tough feedback quite so gracefully in that position. 😉

I'm definitely interested to hear the details and where eBay plans to go from here with the role Harry filled. 

I would guess Mohan, at least temporarily ......he was the face of new stuff before Harry, but I don't think he had (showed) the wider vision Harry did.  He made good presentations of "what will be" but perhaps didn't have the assertiveness to ram it thru all the layers.......or didn't have the authority. 

@dhbookds  I noticed it looks like Scot Hamilton and Tanaya Suveerachaimontian may be taking on the Seller Experience topics Harry typically would at eBay Open.

Not sure if it means anything beyond the event, but maybe one of them is in line for the position or maybe it's an indication eBay is planning on making that role more of a "team effort" across the Engineering & Product departments in general?

If so, my guess is that might still put it under Mohan's purview in a broader sense, though I'm not 100% on that -eBay's Org chart has a lot of overlap in some areas. 🤔

eBayOpenSellerExperience.jpg

eBayOpenSellerExperience2.jpg

Message 17 of 17
latest reply