cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had listings taken down for policy violation even though they did not violate policy

So essentially I had over 500 of my listings taken down sighting that they were violating replica coin counterfeit policy when in fact all of these coins were genuine US currency none of them were replicas or fakes at first I thought this was an artificial intelligence mistake which is a whole another subject but I then find out that I was being Mass reported by people because I sell toned coins I have literally boughten a lot of these toned coins from eBay myself or other markets and I try to sell them for a little bit of profit I also work with multiple dealers and local collectors in my area so I feel like people just could not believe how many of the coins that I had but what they fail to realize is they are not all mine its not like I have a treasure Trove of toned coins that I'm guarding like a dragon anyway the excuse eBay gave me was exactly this quote we have had a bunch of people reporting these listings and even though they do not violate policy we are airing on the side of caution so basically what you're telling me is somebody could make a bot out there that mass reports people's listings to bully them out of the market? That's essentially what they're telling me so if there's any hackers out there willing to exploit this little loophole I think that would be pretty funny all in all it is what it is it pushed me to make my own website which is better anyway I pay less fees and don't have to worry about my listings being taken down for nonsense I will also state it took down some of my listings that had nothing to do with coins sighting that it was a coin violation... and to the people who were reporting me get a life you don't have to buy the coins I don't know if they are artificial or natural which is why I don't State on any of my listings that they are natural I leave that for the buyer to decide if there is somebody out there who is an expert in numismatics and they buy one of my coins who are you to tell them that it is artificial what gives you the knowledge to know for 100% fact that it is artificial and I don't care what article you post or some website that you read an article on I really don't care because that proves nothing I could go make a website right now with a bogus article defending artificially toned coins and stating that they're natural and half of the bozos in the world will probably believe it

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Had listings taken down for policy violation even though they did not violate policy

@errorsandoddities33-com wrote:

ok im sorry i offended you by not including periods or commas... is it really that serious?

I found your OP to be very difficult to read without paragraphs and punctuation. I thought the general idea behind the forum is for people to easily be able to understand you to respond to your problem.

C.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Re: Had listings taken down for policy violation even though they did not violate policy

@errorsandoddities33-com wrote:

ok im sorry i offended you by not including periods or commas... is it really that serious?

Hi again @errorsandoddities33-com 

First, we really don't get offended here by the way members post but some styles are more challenging to get through than others.  And also PLEASE understand that likewise we are NOT trying to offend you either.  We get folks typing in all caps too at times and that's a challenge as well.  

I noticed in one of your posts you were talk texting (so to speak).  I do that too on my phone but usually get the punctuation worked in.  And then of course there is me saying something and the phone deciding on posting a different word LOL!

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 17 of 23
latest reply

This is not my area of expertise, but i am aware of the issue. There has been an ongoing outraged effort among serious coin collectors to shut down what they consider the unethical act of artificially toning coins, and not identifying them as such in one’s listings. You walked right into the den of lions. These collectors are well organized and are on a mission to eradicate the practice.

It is up to sellers to know exactly what they are selling. If you are hoping to skirt the issue by not identifying your toned coins as either artificially or naturally occurring, then you are likely going to remain vulnerable to listing removal. Consider that continued takedowns can negatively affect your seller metrics.

PS— i don’t see that toned coins are addressed in it, but for those who might want it, here is the eBay policy on collectible currency:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/collectible-currency-policy?id=4337#:...

Message 18 of 23
latest reply

Why would I be offended? And it's not serious...but it can result in some members to read part of your post and then just say...to heck with this. My head hurts.

You're fine. Carry on.

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

I am not offended. would just make it easier for me (and likely others) to follow your thoughts and respond effectively without feeling overwhelmed.

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

Your username shows me you like to violate policies, so I'm not shocked you are having policy violation issues.

Message 21 of 23
latest reply

What does that even mean? im sorry this makes no sense. i dont like to violate policy why would you even say such a thing.. im a new seller only a few months now and still learning. but thanks for your helpful comment

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

Noted, and i do apologize i suck at grammar ngl. But ya it would seem there isnt much i can do anyways

Message 23 of 23
latest reply