cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grace Period for Top Rated Seller Status

Hi All:

I'm a Top Rated Seller.  I got this message from Ebay today--but when I look at my seller dashboard I don't see anything that would put me in this situation. Any ideas about what could be going on?  Thank you.

We see that you have a great track record as a Top Rated Seller, but recently you didn’t meet one or more of the sales, volume or tracking upload goals set for all Top Rated Sellers in the US region.

We know that sometimes things come up. That’s why we're giving you some extra time - until Jun 20, 2024 - to meet these goals again.

During this grace period we'll continue to evaluate your seller performance on the 20th of every month to see whether you're eligible to be a Top Rated Seller again. Just make sure you upload tracking on 90% of all your US transactions and continue to meet all other Top Rated Seller requirements. Visit your seller standards dashboard regularly to track your progress.

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Are you having enough sales to meet the "volume"

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Can you post a screenshot of your Seller Level section of your dashboard that shows the requirements you are and aren't meeting?  You may just not be realizing you're not meeting one or more criteria (like the minimum sales, I think it's 100 per year or last 90 days, don't recall offhand). Edit: just checked: "To be a Top Rated Seller, you must have at least 100 transactions and $1,000.00 in sales during the past 12 months."

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Visit here:  https://sellerstandards.ebay.com/dashboard?region=US

Expand any one of the categories like 'If We Evaluated You Today' and it will tell you the items that are below level for a TRS.

rosszonebricks_0-1714143054970.png

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

If you have less than 100 sales in a year....EBAY will lower your Top Rated status.    EBAY gives you 30 days to try and solve that problem.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

@ddesjard-7 wrote: ... when I look at my seller dashboard I don't see anything that would put me in this situation. Any ideas about what could be going on?  Thank you.

We see that you have a great track record as a Top Rated Seller, but recently you didn’t meet one or more of the sales, volume or tracking upload goals ...

Well, what exactly does your dashboard show for your sales, volume, and tracking numbers for the past 12  months?  Have you had 100 transactions with US-based buyers? Worth over $1000? How's your record for tracking?

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Thank you all for your input. I must be off-schedule for my rate of sales (off-track to make 100 sales in this year). Here's a screen capture of my profile.

1000014164.png

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

That screen says it all.

If you were evaluated today, you would only have 73 transactions in the past 12 months - which does not meet the 100 required for Top Rated. 

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Idk, is being a TRS really a benefit to sellers? I guess I have mixed feelings on it due to the return policy. I had a return that was nearly 2-months old, but I had to accept it BECAUSE I'm a TRS. I think its designed mostly to benefit buyers, not sellers. Is there is a visibility boost built in search results for TRS sellers?

Personally, I find myself as a buyer looking at feedback ratings more than a TRS badge. Am I looking at this wrong?

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

I received the same message from eBay.

My sales have been practically non existent over the last few months.

Because of this, my volume is down to 98 over the last 12 months.

They have given me until June 20th to get my volume back up.

With sales being the way they have been since the end of last year up until now, I'm not sure that's going to happen. 

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

I didn't go out of my way to become a TRS--but I'll happily take it! Yeah, I agree--as a buyer the TRS rating would catch my eye, but the real test would be the ratings and comments. For myself, the comments about packing carry the most weight.  Thanks for your input!

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Good luck, and thanks for adding to the discussion!

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Belated thanks for this. I suspect that you are right about my volume.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Screenshot added.  Belated thanks for your input here!

Message 15 of 19
latest reply