cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got a message from Chinese user with offer....to sell for them!

I am selling few fur items here.   Today I got a long message from Chinese user who was asking me if I would sell their fur (real and faux) for them.  They said that the winters are long here and I would do very well with their furs.  I replied "no thank you".  But I am furious!  Really?  It is not enough that they flooded ebay with their cheap junk, but now they are asking us to sell for them too!  

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Got a message from Chinese user with offer....to sell for them!

@eugefunk wrote:

I am selling few fur items here.   Today I got a long message from Chinese user who was asking me if I would sell their fur (real and faux) for them.

But I am furious!  Really?   

There's got to be a pun in there.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

you did the right thing..just imagine trusting a Chinese merchant to use your account and to ship what they say they will ship...very scary.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 18
latest reply

I saw an ad posted the other day, can't remember where it was, directed towards the very thing you mentioned. Maybe nobody is responding and they are reaching out.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

They said that the winters are long here and I would do very well with their furs.  I replied "no thank you".  op - unquote -----------------------------------

I think you did the right thing myself . Furthermore I'm not so sure the merchant who contacted you is correct about the furs doing well in the U.S ,, meaning the '' real furs '' . Nowadays many people frown and are  even radically against  raising animals just for their fur .  China has a very bad reputation for treating animals less than kind as well . Tulips 

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

I agree, it is very hard to sell fur here.  I am originally from Russia, and people buy fur coats like crazy there, it is considered a high fashion, and it is warm...  but here in US it is not the case.  

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

used fur coat,stole,hats from storage used t o sell well on Ebay ,some went as far as Argentina,Eastern Europe etc.

Then come brand new fur coats from China,and the value ofthese fur items fell,why buy old fur when you can buy new ones.

Quality varies with these new fur coats,but I would no condemn Chinese merchants until I do my own research,many of our consumer goods in this country are made in Chinese factories,look around.

Put lime in the coconut and call me in the morning !
Message 7 of 18
latest reply

By replying, you let them know they have a live account on the other end.

Next time just delete and ignore spam messages.  Can you be sure that whoever sent that message really is in China, and really does have the goods they claim to be trying to sell?

Look at it like any other spam/scam.  You don't know who you are talking to and you don't know their true objective.  But whatever it is, it's in their best interest and not yours.  Delete it the same way you would throw away junk mail.  Toss it and forget it.  No stress needed.

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

Did it come through PMs?  Board Rules of Engagement govern PMs as well, and that is using them for advertising which is against the rules.  Report the message.

There is a report this message link at the bottom left hand side of the PM.  I think this kind of report is taken very seriously.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

Added:

Because this could be construed as trying to do business off ebay.  

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

First off - if it came through Ebay messages  - yes report them - they are trying to sell off of the venue.

Second - I would not have acknowledged their message/email - that confirms the recepient.  But most off (to others that have had this happen) - You have NO IDEA who this person is!  1) No knowledge of the person leads to VERY BIG RISK - think about this - you will be sending money to a person you know nothing about and will be t i cked off when nothing is sent back in return.  2) Most likely the people asking are from another country - this should be BIG WARNING CLUES - many things from other countries cannot be sold there for whatever purpose - poor quality sick animal pelt etc.  Now they want to pan off their unwanted wares to you.....and 3) Why aren't the Asker - Selling the items themselves? - Since they have cheap shipping (assuming it is a China Seller)???  Makes you wonder - they want to get rid of their stock FAST - if they even have any to sell.  AND IF you pay big bucks for the items and they never show - who will you complain too?  Will you be heading over to China to hunt for the person that you can't find.  Don't acknowledge these offers - just delete them.

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

@tofu107 wrote:

used fur coat,stole,hats from storage used t o sell well on Ebay ,some went as far as Argentina,Eastern Europe etc.

Then come brand new fur coats from China,and the value ofthese fur items fell,why buy old fur when you can buy new ones.

Quality varies with these new fur coats,but I would no condemn Chinese merchants until I do my own research,many of our consumer goods in this country are made in Chinese factories,look around.

Under American QC.....with their own stuff, not so much.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

I don't think the OP has to be told all that tbh.

Crusader Cat is watching

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself. - L Tolstoy

"You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not however, entitled to your own facts."

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@cargo11 wrote:

First off - if it came through Ebay messages  - yes report them - they are trying to sell off of the venue.

Second - I would not have acknowledged their message/email - that confirms the recepient.  But most off (to others that have had this happen) - You have NO IDEA who this person is!  1) No knowledge of the person leads to VERY BIG RISK - think about this - you will be sending money to a person you know nothing about and will be t i cked off when nothing is sent back in return.  2) Most likely the people asking are from another country - this should be BIG WARNING CLUES - many things from other countries cannot be sold there for whatever purpose - poor quality sick animal pelt etc.  Now they want to pan off their unwanted wares to you.....and 3) Why aren't the Asker - Selling the items themselves? - Since they have cheap shipping (assuming it is a China Seller)???  Makes you wonder - they want to get rid of their stock FAST - if they even have any to sell.  AND IF you pay big bucks for the items and they never show - who will you complain too?  Will you be heading over to China to hunt for the person that you can't find.  Don't acknowledge these offers - just delete them.

I agree, but with all due respect, to clarify and answer your question of whether or not this is a Chinese seller, title of OP is Got a message from Chinese user with offer....to sell for them!~so yes, the seller is from China.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

Sorry - with all due respect - I could not remember if the title mentioned the seller was or wasn't Chinese and could not go back after I started Writing my response to look - are you okay with that?
Message 15 of 18
latest reply