cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer said it won’t let him buy anymore

Hello, 

I just have a question. So, I recently sold an item and the buyer said he would pay Friday which was 4 days after he sent the offer and I accepted. Now he said eBay won’t let him buy it, as in we wants to buy it but he can’t? Is there any reason this could be happening or am I possibly being lied to? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

There account could be restricted.  They could be lying.  But they really dont have to.  Ebay will let them out of the sale if they want to.  Best regards

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You might want to ask him why Ebay won't let him buy it as you want to help straighten this out.

If you accepted, it would seem there was no problem then.  If he is new, and he has limits, it would transactions post yours that would be blocked.

You can open an unpaid item dispute at 48 hrs, then close it at 96 hrs if there is no payment, giving the buyer a strike that may vastly curtail his buying, and getting your fees back.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Ebay is stating he can't buy it?  Or is Paypal preventing him from buying - is he from another country that you do not sell to?  Currency Problem on Paypal?  Or does he just want to cancel and is using Ebay as a way out.  I would send the Non Paying Bidder and get the fees back.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Offers are only valid for 48 hours. After that, probably to prevent their computer from being clogged with open offers, erBay deletes it.

That might be why he can not pay?

Message 5 of 5
latest reply