cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go EBAY GREEN Keep your Dollars out of a Landfill..........

Go GREEN Keep your Dollars out of a Landfill..........

RECYCLE those $$ on EBAY!!!!! Buy Preowned stuff from us, earn Ebay GREEN (recycle points) and spend those for more bargains! A Win for you and our planet! Join us in the EBAY GREEN Revolution!!!!

Every seller of used stuff wants Ebay to do advertising/promos for it.....why not tie a campaign for recycling and a program like the defunct Ebay Bucks together to take advantage of the recycle craze?

devon@ebay 

kyle@ebay 

kayomi@ebay 

Could you pass this on to someone who might care?  I know ebay won't give any credit, etc........doesn't matter..........

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Go EBAY GREEN Keep your Dollars out of a Landfill..........

Would be a good tie-in with Earth Day April 22.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Agree with both @dhbookds  and @murph1727 .

If ebay is serious about the environment and keeping stuff out of the landfills, this would be a great way to do that AND help sellers and buyers alike. AND attract the younger generation, which we are told is very environmentally conscious. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

kayomi@ebay
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dhbookds , appreciate the suggestion! I've passed this on to our marketing team.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

kayomi@ebay    THANKS!!!, opps, Thanks, again (for more than 10 letters)

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

kayomi@ebay wrote:

Hi @dhbookds , appreciate the suggestion! I've passed this on to our marketing team.

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques  @dhbookds  @murph1727 

As an avid Formula 1 fan and an omni channel online seller I got excited everytime I saw the Haas F1 cars with Mecari sponsorship fly by on TV during the Japanese Grand Prix this past weekend. Mecari sponsorship deal with Haas is supposedly contracted to run for the remainder of the F1 season. That amounts to 6 hours of track time per race for the remaining 19 races left in the 2024 season which take place around the world.

At this moment in time I don't list that much on Mecari but that may change here shortly for me just due to the fact that they are actually advertising and spending some of their profits to be seen and remind people that they actually exist.

These days I feel like people have forgotten that eBay still even exists outside of the eBay Motor advertisements that I hear on the radio.

GKifzKXXQAAw14C.jpeg.jpg

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

It's a great idea, especially in conjunction with Earth Day!

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I like it! A good direction for reviving a rewards program. Good for you for getting your idea passed on.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I see it as bringing more sellers than buyers to Ebay, and not high quality sellers at that.

It will help reinforce the belief that Ebay is home to junk dealers who may be well intentioned or not, with no knowledge of what they sell.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply