cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping buyer messaging incessantly

I received an order on the 9th that I shipped via the global shipping program (whatever it's called now), and the buyer has been messaging me nonstop since the order-- asking me to ship the order within one business day even though my page clearly says 3 business day handling time (which I did for them without mentioning it), asking me to let them know when it's shipped even after I told them ebay will notify them, not understanding tracking, not understanding that the item goes to a sorting center in the U.S. before it comes to them, sending generally nonsensical messages trying to vaguely complain about something, I'm not even sure what. I think their complaint is that they just don't know how mail works, and they are looking for a reason to get a refund right out of the gate. I've had something like this happen before.

Now, they're claiming that the USPS post office charged them extra today, out of the blue...or at least, that's what I think they're trying to say. I told them I cannot see what they have been charged by the post office besides what it says on their order information, and that if they have further questions, they should call the post office or ebay. I also told them their order is on track with an estimated delivery date of Feb 1. I've gone to great lengths to explain how this works to them to no avail, even sending them ebay's info page on how the program works.

I see an hour on the phone trying to get a negative feedback removed in my future. What do I do about this?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Global Shipping buyer messaging incessantly

@sez1

The blouse was shipped by eBay's Global Shipping but she still has not received it.

If the blouse has been delivered to the GSP plant in Erlanger, you are no longer responsible for delivery.

Send her to

https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

GSP will refund from their own pocket if the shipment is not delivered on time. Then if the delivery is late, the buyer keeps both item and refund.

In any case, not your problem.

The buyer would open an INR claim noting that shipping was via GSP.

Message 16 of 22
latest reply

@macabrelibrarian wrote:

I received an order on the 9th that I shipped via the global shipping program (whatever it's called now), and the buyer has been messaging me nonstop since the order-- asking me to ship the order within one business day even though my page clearly says 3 business day handling time (which I did for them without mentioning it), asking me to let them know when it's shipped even after I told them ebay will notify them, not understanding tracking, not understanding that the item goes to a sorting center in the U.S. before it comes to them, sending generally nonsensical messages trying to vaguely complain about something, I'm not even sure what. I think their complaint is that they just don't know how mail works, and they are looking for a reason to get a refund right out of the gate. I've had something like this happen before.

Now, they're claiming that the USPS post office charged them extra today, out of the blue...or at least, that's what I think they're trying to say. I told them I cannot see what they have been charged by the post office besides what it says on their order information, and that if they have further questions, they should call the post office or ebay. I also told them their order is on track with an estimated delivery date of Feb 1. I've gone to great lengths to explain how this works to them to no avail, even sending them ebay's info page on how the program works.

I see an hour on the phone trying to get a negative feedback removed in my future. What do I do about this?

I get hyperactive nuts that send lots of messages and complain a lot right off the bat every now and again. They get BBL'd so I don't have to put up with their antics a second time.

#1 - keep in mind all communication with the buyer is also for eBay's benefit when reviewing a situation to decide if they will remove negative feedback. Remain polite and professional and provide factual information.

#2 - for the post office over charging... that doesn't make sense. Did they order through GSP for international delivery? The customer will never know if not enough postage was added. To start with, when you go GSP, your postage is purchased on eBay to Kentucky. If you don't purchase enough postage, they will bill eBay who will in turn charge your account/credit card/Paypal for the additional postage. (This never happened to me, but I have quite frequently gotten refunds when the package was 11.5 oz not 12.5 oz and I overpaid). USPS does not charge the customer, plus if it's international, the customer would never ever pay for a short paid shipping no matter how you purchased postage.

C.

Message 17 of 22
latest reply

@macabrelibrarian wrote:

The buyer is in Ontario, Canada. My shipping label has me sending it to one of ebay's US sorting centers before it's shipped out to them.

I live in Ontario Canada. Canada Post will never ever charge a customer for short paid postage from another country. It just won't happen.

If your buyer got a directly shipped item, they would have to pay duty and taxes (actually from the US it's just taxes depending on the province), if it went through eBay's sort centers, I think it depends if it's GSP (which duty/tax is paid on purchase) or eBay international delivery (which duty/tax is the buyer's responsibility).

Perhaps find out how it was shipped, there's your answer. I'm willing to bet you did eBay international delivery which means the buyer will have to pay tax on shipments over $20. That's on them.

C.

Message 18 of 22
latest reply

@sez1 wrote:

The package was to be delivered to Erlanger, KY by 12/4/22,  and then on to London.  I can track it to that city and state.  But on 12/4 it says it's there in a post office box waiting to be delivered (I'm assuming to London)  or hopefully to me.  12/4/22 and Erlanger, KY is as far as I can track it. I don't see either of UP or UA on the anywhere on the tracking record. Thank you for your help, I think I will just set it aside for now, it's driving me crazy, I feel so bad for the buyer but I don't think I should have to refund the money until I have the blouse back, if it indeed ever gets back to me. To be fair, she is not "messaging incessantly", I've only had that one message from her.

On another note, I ordered a rug once, it took 4 months to be delivered from Iran, needless to say the seller and I became penpal friends in those 4 months.

Download the Canada Post app on your phone, and put in the tracking number between Kentucky and London Ontario. Canada Post will put a notification on the app when you check tracking if duty/tax is owed. You cannot see this on their website.

This is how I check all my incoming packages because duty/tax owed packages always go to the post office (unless you pay your duty/tax online), they will never even try to deliver it to the buyer's residence if tax is owed in Canada.

C.

Message 19 of 22
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

@sez1

The blouse was shipped by eBay's Global Shipping but she still has not received it.

If the blouse has been delivered to the GSP plant in Erlanger, you are no longer responsible for delivery.

Send her to

https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

GSP will refund from their own pocket if the shipment is not delivered on time. Then if the delivery is late, the buyer keeps both item and refund.

In any case, not your problem.

The buyer would open an INR claim noting that shipping was via GSP.

If it's eBay International Standard Delivery, I think the seller is still on the hook until it's delivered. But isn't at the post office the same thing as delivered? If the seller refunds, the buyer can go pay the taxes and pick up the blouse.

C.

Message 20 of 22
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 21 of 22
latest reply

Yes. GSP means that the import fees (duty over $150 and sales taxes over $40 plus a small service fee) were paid before the US seller was even told to ship.

Many buyers cannot understand that this is not part of the shipping cost.

And the seller is also protected from false claims of Item Not Received, since delivery to the GSP plant in ErlangerKY is the end of their responsibility for delivery.

I don't know much about the newer International Shipping Program, but the importer/ buyer is paying import fees on arrival.

If the shipment is not picked up at the PO (where the clerk is equipped to collect those import fees) the shipment is Undeliverable.

And with an Undeliverable shipment, eBay does not require the seller  to refund a single red penny.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?...
 Not picking up is considered to be supplying an inaccurate or undeliverable address.

So.

The buyer is either going to have to pay import fees, or abandon the package.

If the latter, eventually the shipment gets  back to the seller, but no refund is required.

Message 22 of 22
latest reply