cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping buyer messaging incessantly

I received an order on the 9th that I shipped via the global shipping program (whatever it's called now), and the buyer has been messaging me nonstop since the order-- asking me to ship the order within one business day even though my page clearly says 3 business day handling time (which I did for them without mentioning it), asking me to let them know when it's shipped even after I told them ebay will notify them, not understanding tracking, not understanding that the item goes to a sorting center in the U.S. before it comes to them, sending generally nonsensical messages trying to vaguely complain about something, I'm not even sure what. I think their complaint is that they just don't know how mail works, and they are looking for a reason to get a refund right out of the gate. I've had something like this happen before.

Now, they're claiming that the USPS post office charged them extra today, out of the blue...or at least, that's what I think they're trying to say. I told them I cannot see what they have been charged by the post office besides what it says on their order information, and that if they have further questions, they should call the post office or ebay. I also told them their order is on track with an estimated delivery date of Feb 1. I've gone to great lengths to explain how this works to them to no avail, even sending them ebay's info page on how the program works.

I see an hour on the phone trying to get a negative feedback removed in my future. What do I do about this?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Sounds like a pretty frustrating situation. It's best for sellers to try to calm and reassure a buyer and to explain circumstances, policies, and events as professionally as possible.

Seem like you've done all of that. Perhaps it's appropriate to step back from the transaction and see how it plays out. If the buyer can open a case for something, s/he will, and you can deal with it then. Same with feedback. You'll have to either try to get the buyer to revise it, or have eBay remove it, or reply to it with a calm and factual response.

We have a saying in Buddhism:  "Never suffer future pain."

Good luck!

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

How many milllions of prescriptions for adderall and ritalin are out there as we speak? 

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

How many milllions of prescriptions for adderall and ritalin are out there as we speak? 

@deltilogical 

What a strange response. Is that why we can't find it at pharmacies now? 🤔

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

I had a similar situation with a sale to the UK. The customer said the item was not delivered. After a lot of work I determined a delivery attempt was made but they refused to pay customs fees. I got my only negative feedback in 23+  years from that customer claiming I was  dishonest. Ebay refused to remove the negative feedback.

The best way IMO to handle a customer like the OP has is to keep them informed as best a possible which includes the part of the process you have no control over.  Each of us has to set are own tolerance level as to how much hand holding we are willing to do.

Ebay needs to do a better job of fully explaining how Global shipping works.

Good luck and here's hoping this gets in your rearview mirror soon.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

@macabrelibrarian wrote:

Now, they're claiming that the USPS post office charged them extra today, out of the blue...or at least, that's what I think they're trying to say.

If this is a global shipping item then the buyer is presumably in a foreign country and the USPS is not going to have any contact with them. If it is the post office in their own country (which one?) then it might be trying to charge them VAT or Duty charges although I thought Ebay collects those from the buyer for you when you are using Ebay global shipping services.

What did your shipping label look like when you printed it? It probably had a US address on it for one of their consolidation centers and then it gets sent on from there using DHL or Asendia. What does the tracking number status show right now?

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

The op shows ebay international shipping on their listings so it is very possible that the carrier delivering the buyer's parcel is collected duty and/or tax.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

I got a note from a buyer who purchased a blouse from me 11/01/22, she also paid on that date.  The blouse was shipped by eBay's Global Shipping but she still has not received it.  We have communicated about this predicament, below is the message she sent me:

Jan, 11, 2023

"Hi there I still have not received my silk shirt . It’s all very odd as it says on the tracking it’s tried to be delivered which it was not and now it says it’s on its way back to you. Please can you organise a refund as soon as possible as this item never turned up and at no point have I been contacted by the courier.
Thank you"

Here is my reply:

Jan 13,2023

Hi Clare,
"I know you want your money sooner than later, but if I send it to you now, I’m out both the blouse and the money, which unfortunately is where you are at this time. I tried contacting a live customer service agent but it seems this was difficult for them to understand. Most of the help codes are directed for the buyer to place a claim.  I believe it would be prudent if you try placing a claim, or contacting eBay on this, which maybe you’ve already done. I will start trying again to get someone who understands this shipping problem. I will keep in touch with you and keep you apprised on what eBay says. I can’t track the package once it leaves the US. If you have a way to track it from there please let me know. I’ll stay in touch!  The only solution I see is to wait, hopefully the blouse will show up here soon, when and if it does, I can refund your money, the carrier has already had it for probably 6 weeks or so.  After that I think it should be solved by eBay, they should reimburse you your payment, then we are on fair ground again, you and I will have our money back and neither of us will have the blouse!

Respectfully

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

@macabrelibrarian 

The buyer may have had to pay duty on the item.  It's not your fault or responsibility.  If they leave a negative I would contact CS per Facebook and see what can be done. I once had someone leave me negative feedback years ago due to paying duty tax.  I contacted Ebay and that feedback was removed:

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

These are US CS agents who work for Ebay and have been noted to be very helpful.  Many positive posts on this forum concerning positive outcomes with their help.

Good luck. 

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

@sez1 

The buyer could try filing a claim although since it showed that delivery wasn't possible, the buyer would likely lose the claim.  Do you know when the expected delivery date was?    Normally a claim should be opened within 30 days of the estimated delivery date.   You could suggest that you send a private message to ebayforbusiness on Facebook so that she can explain to them that no delivery attempt was made.

It's possible that ebay will give her a courtesy refund so it won't come from your account. If it is already past the 30 days since the estimated delivery date and ebay Facebook won't help her, she would be best to open a claim through her payment provider as she has a longer time to do that. 

Explain to her that the package will not be sent back to you but to the one of the global shipping centers. 

I'm surprised that you don't see the tracking once it left the US.  Does the tracking start with a UP or UA?  If tracking isn't showing on ebay you may be able to check tracking at https://trackpb.shipment.co/track or here   https://parcelsapp.com/en/carriers/pitney-bowes

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

The buyer is in Ontario, Canada. My shipping label has me sending it to one of ebay's US sorting centers before it's shipped out to them.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

The package was to be delivered to Erlanger, KY by 12/4/22,  and then on to London.  I can track it to that city and state.  But on 12/4 it says it's there in a post office box waiting to be delivered (I'm assuming to London)  or hopefully to me.  12/4/22 and Erlanger, KY is as far as I can track it. I don't see either of UP or UA on the anywhere on the tracking record. Thank you for your help, I think I will just set it aside for now, it's driving me crazy, I feel so bad for the buyer but I don't think I should have to refund the money until I have the blouse back, if it indeed ever gets back to me. To be fair, she is not "messaging incessantly", I've only had that one message from her.

On another note, I ordered a rug once, it took 4 months to be delivered from Iran, needless to say the seller and I became penpal friends in those 4 months.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Anytime you get a negative and the buyer is annoyed of paying a customs or a duty, that negative is always removable.  A call to ebay or an email to Ebay at Facebook should get that removed immediately.

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

It comes with the territory.  Cordially, re-assure the buyer that the item is on the way and leave it at that.  

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

You sold to an international customer.

You shipped by GSP? or by the new International Shipping?

Does the tracking you got from USPS show delivery in Erlanger which would confirm GSP shipping?

Remember GSP is a Seller Protection Program.

Your responsibility for delivery ended when the GSP plant accepted the shipment.

Can you see the window for delivery eBay gave them?

Have you given the buyer the last estimated date because they obviously don't understand that part.

hey're claiming that the USPS post office charged them extra today,

GSP shipping means the buyer is charged import fees to cover the buyer's duty and sales tax.

There should be no other charges.

However some other programs eBay offers do not charge for this in advance. (And by 'in advance' I mean even before you are instructed to ship.

Do you offer GSP shipping?

You have to set that up in advance not after purchase.

If you did then the buyer should be sent to this link.

https://parceltracking.pb.com/app/#/dashboard/

Message 15 of 22
latest reply