cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Shipping Program terms not being honored

I sold an item internationally (I'm located in the US) through the Global Shipping Program, the item arrived safely at the distribution center in Kentucky and arrived damaged to its final destination. The buyer requested to return the item to me, I denied and explained that he needed to talk to eBay to get a refund since the GSP agreement clearly states that the seller is not responsible for damage during transit. He instead opened a claim on PayPal, and of course, PayPal decided in his favor, giving him the option to ship the damaged item back to me for a full refund and put a hold on my account for the full value of the sale.

I've talked to both eBay and PayPal numerous times over the past 30 days to try and resolve the issue. Ebay closed the return request and closed the case in their system, but now PayPal is making me accept the return of the broken item and refund the buyer for it.

Ebay is clearly at fault, but they have told me that closing the case in their system is all they can do. Now PayPal refuses to change their decision regardless of all evidence presented to them, and I'm forced to accept a damaged item back and refund the buyer for the full amount. I'm seriously considering taking eBay to court for breach of contract.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Once you were informed of the damage you should have contacted ebay,but you told buyer not my problem you contact ebay they decided to contact paypal instead. The silver lining is depending on price buyer might not put tracking on the return no twacking no refund....

Message 16 of 89
latest reply

@retrogamescraftswrote:

That is correct, the seller is supposed to be protected in case of PayPal disputes under the GSP terms.

I have tried everything I can think of to have eBay step in to solve this, nothing came of it.

Try contacting them through social media and then the weekly chat tomorrow. Good luck! This has been handled all wrong. I’m so sorry!

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 17 of 89
latest reply

The discussion was here:  message 14

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Live-Video-Broadcast-amp-Community-Chat-Ma...

retro............I would PM that bass ebay guy and see if he can do anything...........

Message 18 of 89
latest reply

I'll try to contact them on social media, but I don't know what the weekly chat is.
Message 19 of 89
latest reply

In hindsight, if I knew eBay wasn't going to hold their end of the deal I would have done everything in a different way. I honestly thought eBay was simply going to refund him upon seeing proof of the damage and the issue would be solved in a few days.
Message 20 of 89
latest reply

ebays not going to do anything you haver to be pro active yourself they'll do zip nadda nothing in your behalf better you lose the money rather than them....

Message 21 of 89
latest reply

Will do. Thanks!
Message 22 of 89
latest reply

Heres that employees logic..   XXXXX so a 3 pound $40.00 item going to China GSP buyers total shipping cost is $44.50,but if they file a SNAD I'm going to have to pay Fedex in excess of $200.00 for the return shipping is the solution?

Message 23 of 89
latest reply

I find it odd that Paypal did not  forward  the buyer back to ebay  since it is a GSP issue !   because from I been told that paypal doesn't  handle GSP  INR's and Damge Case's .   

Message 24 of 89
latest reply

@carlmarxxwrote:

I find it odd that Paypal did not  forward  the buyer back to ebay  since it is a GSP issue !   because from I been told that paypal doesn't  handle GSP  INR's and Damge Case's .   

Because they can’t. Once the buyer goes to PP, they can’t go back to eBay 

Message 25 of 89
latest reply

To be frank, my buyer has also been**Bleep** by this situation, because as far as I can tell his options now are to either keep a damaged item or pay almost twice what he originally paid to have it returned. From his point of view, I have scammed him.

Message 26 of 89
latest reply

A seller would think that,but depending on the country it was shipped to due to its laws you might be on the hook for a large return postage costs. Its a little ugly thing that ebay GSP folks don't like to chat about...

Message 27 of 89
latest reply

@bubbleman2010wrote:

A seller would think that,but depending on the country it was shipped to due to its laws you might be on the hook for a large return postage costs. Its a little ugly thing that ebay GSP folks don't like to chat about...

Do you have proof of this?

Message 28 of 89
latest reply

Thats where the ebay GSP employee told me to steer clear of GSP and do some searching around for a reshipper instead thats the solution they came up with...

Message 29 of 89
latest reply

Might go read last weeks community chat if you're wanting to get up to speed...

Message 30 of 89
latest reply