cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give us back the option for the classic listing tool

Ebay - you are the worst. The new listing tool is awful (I know I am not the first seller to say this). It is slow and clunky. It changes the details I enter after I enter them.  Every time I want to alter the text in the description box, it asks me if I'm sure I want to do so. Yes, I'm sure. Give me an option to stop seeing that message after the first time I see it. Really, just give us back the old listing tool. THIS IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Give us back the option for the classic listing tool

@rugerskick wrote:

The problem most people here have is that they are assuming ebay wants to make things better for sellers.

Simply posting on the threads that there are issues is likely not going to do a thing to help the issues at hand.  Get active, join the Seller Check In meetings and things like that.  Go to the Ebay Open.  Get involved if you want to help get things changed.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 31 of 49
latest reply

@evelyb30 wrote:

No, the problem is  eBay wants to make things better for their shareholders.  Gotta frobnicate (randomly twist knobs around - old programmer-speak) to look like you're doing something.  Sellers?  Who cares? 

@evelyb30 

This has been said many times, likely without giving any consideration to the type of stock Ebay has for public offerings.  Ebay's stock pays dividends, unlike Amazon which Ebay is all too often compared to.  When a stock pays dividends to the Shareholders, it is based on the profit of the company for that period of time, for Ebay that is quarterly.  

So the more we sell as sellers, the more Ebay makes.  The more Ebay makes, the more the shareholders make.  And since Ebay has always been profitable, some years better than others, the shareholders get dividends.

Message 32 of 49
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

No it isn't and you may assume the majority would agree with you and if that were true, you'd all be wrong.  

We will just chalk this up to we don't agree.  Taking up more space on the thread just isn't productive.

not according to every thread on the subject the past half of year...and if all those posts aren't what your using as reference then I'd like to see the reference your using to say it isn't true. There is no praise for any of the listing tools they release so not sure where you are getting it isn't true from, it's 100000% true. 

So you think that the handful [even if it were 100 or 1000] of members that post about this subject represents the Majority of the 19 million active sellers???

Now you are narrowing it down to just the Listing Tool, instead of saying every tool Ebay has ever released.  If you narrow the scope to simply this one tool, the most current version, I would have to agree there are all kinds of issues with it.  But that is NOT what you said when we started this conversation.

it's not what i said - but you know full well what i meant - of course you did, it is what the thread is about. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 33 of 49
latest reply

I simply went off of what you posted.  Your entire post said "no it's was every new listing tool they released. Majority agrees also. "  And that is what I responded to.  If you meant something different than you posted, I had no way of knowing that.

Message 34 of 49
latest reply

i'm going to start nit picking your posts to waste time also 😆

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 35 of 49
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

i'm going to start nit picking your posts to waste time also 😆

It wasn't my intent or goal.  All I did was respond to your post.  You are reading more into it than was every there.

Message 36 of 49
latest reply

I've started to do so. Thanks.

Message 37 of 49
latest reply

You're right. Thank you.

Message 38 of 49
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@evelyb30 wrote:

No, the problem is  eBay wants to make things better for their shareholders.  Gotta frobnicate (randomly twist knobs around - old programmer-speak) to look like you're doing something.  Sellers?  Who cares? 

@evelyb30 

This has been said many times, likely without giving any consideration to the type of stock Ebay has for public offerings.  Ebay's stock pays dividends, unlike Amazon which Ebay is all too often compared to.  When a stock pays dividends to the Shareholders, it is based on the profit of the company for that period of time, for Ebay that is quarterly.  

So the more we sell as sellers, the more Ebay makes.  The more Ebay makes, the more the shareholders make.  And since Ebay has always been profitable, some years better than others, the shareholders get dividends.

Actually, the more eBay profits, the more the shareholders make.  It doesn't matter to some of them how those profits are being generated.   Squeezing more out of the sellers works just as well as increasing sales volume in the short term, in terms of generating profits.  Long term it's a poor strategy, but we'll see if they figure that out.  

She who dies with the most toys still dies; when's the estate sale?
Message 39 of 49
latest reply

@evelyb30 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@evelyb30 wrote:

@evelyb30 

Actually, the more eBay profits, the more the shareholders make.  It doesn't matter to some of them how those profits are being generated.   Squeezing more out of the sellers works just as well as increasing sales volume in the short term, in terms of generating profits.  Long term it's a poor strategy, but we'll see if they figure that out.  

Yes, I said that.

Message 40 of 49
latest reply

The tools I remember having a very rough roll-out are the seller hub (awful at first, now it's great) and the redone shipping page (also awful, much improved though I don't use eBay shipping anymore) and then this listing form (I tested the beta version). In allied applications, any time they change item specifics in a market they don't seem to be able to figure it out. 

My bike racing team used to go to a particular cafe after our weekly training ride. The food was adequate (mostly the portions were big and we ate a lot), the coffee was good and the place was extremely convenient. But it was always chaotic, with the staff bumping into each other, struggling to tot up the right bills, mixing up orders, etc.  My one teammate summed it up very well "It's like every day is their first day on the job."  That feels like eBay's IT.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 41 of 49
latest reply

@chapeau-noir wrote:

The tools I remember having a very rough roll-out are the seller hub (awful at first, now it's great)

The tools themselves in Seller Hub might be good but the interface is horrible, especially compared to Classic View seller page. The layout is much worse and is not customizable in a meaningful way. It is more time-consuming with all of the extra clicks to accomplish the same tasks. There was also a lot of information that was previously available that is no longer available.

This new listing flow is yet another horrible interface. Neither this nor the Seller Hub are changing in a major way. They will make little changes but the stupid, time-consuming drop-down menus aren't going away. Neither is the layout with all of that wasteful white space and the hard-to-find item specifics categories. Same with Seller Hub - everything is in a list format. Who wants to scan a list of text to find what they are looking for?

I think eBay is a lost cause until they get new leadership. Until then, I will seek out marketplaces that are easier to use and faster to list items. There is no excuse for this garbage.

Message 42 of 49
latest reply

I would agree- i do think the majority of sellers do not like the new mobile app unified listing tool when used on a desktop.   While there is not data asking all 19 million users at this point- it is very common and reliable to to poll a portion of a population or control group that represents the users as a whole. This is done in surveys and political polling all the time.

I have not heard of one person that likes the new tool or prefers it over the classic.   That amounts to at least 200-250 people i personally have talked to. multiply that times all the other people on the boards and whoever they spoke with etc and you are quickly getting an accurate picture of the group as a whole.

Remember 19 million sellers do not all use the tool- many use 3rd party tools, some(mostly casual sellers) use the phone app to list.  Some only list once in a great moon and do not care-    So ebay only needs to be concerned with those sellers that actually use the tool.

Here we are- all they have to do is listen...... and proof that the majority of sellers DO NOT LIKE the tool is that they continue to change it back to more closely resemble the classic- like the most recent update to the shipping section.......they are listening because they are redesigning it. Proff that the majority of sellers dislike it.    If the majority liked it- they would change nothing and pat themselves on the back for nailing it the first time.

Message 43 of 49
latest reply

It takes much more time to list parts in this new layout. please give us the option back. the new layout SUCKS!!

Message 44 of 49
latest reply

This link takes you to the old format.

Click the listing 'sell similiar' link and at the bottom

save for later. Then click this link, and then resume listing.

https://bulksell.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SingleList&forcetool=CUB&sellingMode=AddItem

The listing now resumes in the old format.

Sewbusybiz
Message 45 of 49
latest reply