cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting emails from ebay to relist items I've already relisted

Just started happening today. I'm getting emails from ebay to relist items I've relisted days ago, with the verbiage to drop the price and a link to make the relist happen. I had to log on to make sure that's I had already relisted the items, and yes, I had relisted them already. This site is just ripe for a total meltdown. And they're going to be handing the payments one day with Adyen? They better get better programmers.

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Getting emails from ebay to relist items I've already relisted

yep, better half got about 60 of same message.  The listings are still active.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

The important message from ebay to a seller is drop the price to make the sale, & should not be regarded as a simple reminder to relist.

Drop the price !

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

The important message that they are sending is that of incompetence, since the emails came days after I had already relisted the items.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

It's even stupider than I thought. I just checked the emails that I received today...one came in at 4:51pm and recommended relisting an item I had relisted a couple days ago, and subsequently sold and shipped out this morning!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@fabreedwar wrote:

The important message that they are sending is that of incompetence, since the emails came days after I had already relisted the items.

It doesn't matter to ebay that you may have already relisted, the message is an alert to drop your item price.

EBay doesn't realize any monetary gain based on your estimate of ebay competence.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@ed8108 wrote:

@fabreedwar wrote:

It doesn't matter to ebay that you may have already relisted, the message is an alert to drop your item price.

EBay doesn't realize any monetary gain based on your estimate of ebay competence.

Poppycock.

No, I didn’t receive a general email discussing relisting philosophy. I received emails with headers to relist specific items that had ended without sales, with a link to automatically relist the item at a specific price. One email per item.  In each case I had already relisted the item days ago. Most ludicrously, one of the emails recommended I relist an item that I had relisted Monday, sold yesterday and shipped out this morning.

If you don’t think that is screwed up, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Perhaps you’re thinking the emails were generic and not about specific items. Not sure how'd  you get that idea, but it would make your comments more sensible.

I'd have no problem getting an email about general relisting philosophy. But if they are going to send me emails with links to relist my items, then at least make sure I haven't relisted the item already.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I'm not talking about a minisule timing issue. Days after I've already relisted the items I'm getting these emails. At the very least  the timing is attrocious, and needs to be fixed so these emails showup shortly after the listing ends.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@fabreedwar wrote:

I've relisted days ago, with the verbiage to drop the price and a link to make the relist happen. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the past week my ended listing notifications have been on a delay. First by 3 days, then by 5 days. Now they all just caught up at once, flooded my inbox, and are back to real time.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Yeah, me too. Getting relist messages 2 and 3 times for the same item that has already been relisted. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply