cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD TILL CANCELED

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THE GOOD TILL CANCELED STARTED FOR ALL BUY IT NOW? IM ASKING BECAUSE THEY GAVE ME A 200 LISTING NO INSERTIONS FEES AND I READ SOMEWHERE THAT ALL THE BUY IT NOW LISTINGS WILL END ON THEIR 30 DAYS IF THEY WERE LISTED PRIOR TO THE MANDATORY ALL BUY IT NOW ARE GOING TO BE LISTED AS GOOD TILL CANCELED STARTING SOMETIME THIS MONTH AND I GOT A LOT OF RELIST STUFF BUT SOME OF IT NOT WORTH TO LIST IF THEY ARE GOING TO BE GOOD TILL CANCELED LET ALONE 200 GOOD TILL CANCELED ILL PASS ON THE PROMOTION IM AFRAID TO USE THE LIST 200 FREE  BECAUSE OF THAT

THANK YOU

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: GOOD TILL CANCELED

You would think that e-bay could have at least waited until the 200 free listing promotion ended...HOW SNEAKY!

Message 31 of 49
latest reply

I called somebody and gave them my 2 cents, and then some. I'm waiting for somebody to call me back, too.

This change to Selling is not going to stick. No way. A big TWO thumbs down.

Message 32 of 49
latest reply

"To help you sell your item, fixed price listings can only be listed with a Good 'Til Cancelled duration. Listings renew automatically every 30 days, based on the listing terms at that time, until all quantities sell or the listing ends. Each time a listing renews and when an item sells, you’ll be charged applicable fees."

That is upper managements "explanation" as to why its only GTC now, to help me sell my item. What a crock of bull****. The rabid pack of ignorant cretins that run this site only care about their bottom line. And they will get more $$$ due to people not realizing the change happened and then get charged money for auto relist. That being said, as soon as I can downsize my store I will do so. Hopefully lots of other sellers do the same. Let's stick eBay where they are currently sticking us.
Message 33 of 49
latest reply

The benefit to them is that they will probably grab a bunch of relisting fees when a seller is not on top of ending them before they relist automatically, and they have already gone over their number of free listings.

This Siggy Intentionally Left Blank

Message 34 of 49
latest reply

I have two  Ebay accounts, and will have to close one completely, and probably the other one.  I cannot afford to have 2.00 listings automatically renew.   I want to make that decision not these money grabbing greedy M>F ers

I have been selling on Ebay for 18 years, and this is the worst change they have made and some have been awful. 

have started listing more on the competition and less here, so if enough people either close out or slow down on what they list, maybe somebody up there will take notice.    

Message 35 of 49
latest reply

I agree, another annoying thing that did not need to be changed. I should have the say on what I relist, how long I relist it for. This is just a money grab on eBay's part, the thing keeps re-listing, consecutively, becomes stale, the seller gets charged 2, 3, 4 and more times. I don't see where any of this is "easier" for me, or will make me more money. I'm really hesitating about listing any more fixed price until this is corrected (or not, knowing eBay). If I wanted to list "GTC" then that should be up to me, not a default! Over the past three months I have been exploring another option that seems much more seller friendly. I have been on eBay almost since the beginning, I am disappointed and dissatisfied with this new "feature."

Message 36 of 49
latest reply

Or maybe they WANT us to leave. Let the exodus begin...

Message 37 of 49
latest reply

I feel you. I told the rep that they are going to lose sellers. There are other platforms to use including Amazon, poshmark, and a bunch others. I just have always preferred Ebay. Now they are forcing us into auctions if we want a short duration. I prefer the 5 day listings and with BIN I could always lower the price up till time listing ending if i wanted to move something out. Now I cannot. Auctions don't allow to change if listing ends within 12 hours. So not happy camper. Worse move Ebay could make. Guess they want to help sellers move to other platforms. 

Message 38 of 49
latest reply

We HAVE been complaining, ebay most likely made those threads disappear....

Message 39 of 49
latest reply

Another way that Ebay twists sales to make more money for them. Really! I am so mad that this will be the last time I list items on Ebay, constantly changing things to screw the seller. REALLY BAD DECISION, EBAY!

Without even a heads up to long time sellers, this is so low. I am moving over to another online seller. 

Message 40 of 49
latest reply

The options still exist, but what good are they once your "Free Listings" are used up on Mandatory Re-Lists? It's going to cost many Sellers unnecessary fees to Cancel to replace, or to Send to Auction... This is Unacceptable!!
Message 41 of 49
latest reply

I called Ebay customer service and asked to log my complaint regarding the forced "Good Till Cancelled". I would hope others will do the same.

Message 42 of 49
latest reply

Yes it's for all Buy it now listings. It started on March 19th but I too just found out myself.  I dont kno why ebay keeps changing things but I do kno.. I post elsewhere and before my listings are set to relist.. I'm closing everything down. This site has gone crazy.  Their changes have been horrible.   Sells havent been great on here anyway. Until it hurts their pockets.. they wont care.  I sold two things in this month and when I went to ship them.. I spent an hour trying to figure out how to get the shipping set up. They had it figure out for me yet it was wrong.  It's not worth the time and effort anymore. Before next month.. I'll be gone for good.  Good luck!

Message 43 of 49
latest reply

They wont do anything about it until it hurts their pocket.

Message 44 of 49
latest reply

Here is a major problem If you used the free listings and now have more fixed price items than your store allows....if you don't actually cancel a bunch you will be charged fees for your listings. So if you have a store that allows 250 fixed price you need to cancel listings until you get to this number and then still cannot list anything until you get free listings again because you are capped out. This is nothing but work for sellers. I always ask the reps when was the last change that was made with sellers in mind not the buyers and when was the last time a seller sent in a monthly payment to Ebay....silence!

Message 45 of 49
latest reply