cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD TILL CANCELED

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THE GOOD TILL CANCELED STARTED FOR ALL BUY IT NOW? IM ASKING BECAUSE THEY GAVE ME A 200 LISTING NO INSERTIONS FEES AND I READ SOMEWHERE THAT ALL THE BUY IT NOW LISTINGS WILL END ON THEIR 30 DAYS IF THEY WERE LISTED PRIOR TO THE MANDATORY ALL BUY IT NOW ARE GOING TO BE LISTED AS GOOD TILL CANCELED STARTING SOMETIME THIS MONTH AND I GOT A LOT OF RELIST STUFF BUT SOME OF IT NOT WORTH TO LIST IF THEY ARE GOING TO BE GOOD TILL CANCELED LET ALONE 200 GOOD TILL CANCELED ILL PASS ON THE PROMOTION IM AFRAID TO USE THE LIST 200 FREE  BECAUSE OF THAT

THANK YOU

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: GOOD TILL CANCELED

Starts sometime on  3- 18

Listings started before that date remain set the way they were. They are not GTC unless you choose it.

Message 2 of 49
latest reply

I’m thinking tomorrow is the last day to list & be sure not get put into GTC. 

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

well, off topic, I got the offer on one of my non store profiles. I used it already to run 156 auctions. In my primary store, I did not get it, and frankly, kind of salty about that. Almost doesn't pay to have a store if you want some free insertions.

I read the fine print because I wanted to make sure I was not going to get charged a listing fee for the category I wanted to list in. I did not have the impression they were going to be GTC listings so long as GTC is not the only option for listing. My understanding is that the GTC is rolling out on Monday so I assume if you list for 30 days tomorrow the items you want listed you can avoid the GTC issue.

Cheers

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

GTC. This is Monday March 18, 2019.  I still see no official announcement that it is live; however, some say it is now default.  I have no listings to test since I closed and relisted all mine last night for a 30 day swan song.  Really cr@ppy way to run a business (both mine and eBay!).

Message 5 of 49
latest reply

I just started a new listing from scratch, and I'm still seeing all the regular options for the durations of fixed price listings.

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

@robinrobinjohn wrote:

ILL PASS ON THE PROMOTION IM AFRAID TO USE THE LIST 200 FREE  BECAUSE OF THAT

Just start one of them half a day before the rest.

On the day that the first one expires, check to see if it automatically relists.

If it does relist, simply end the other 199 listings so that they do not relist. 

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

Maybe eBay wasn't happy with me ending listings today and selling similar with the free additional 200 fixed listings.......  I got halfway through relisting and the "fixed 30 day option" disappeared.  Suddenly I got a banner at the top saying it was changing the listing to GTC.  So much for the options through midnight tonight......

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

Oh my!

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

In the middle of listing (the 200 promotion) and all of a sudden, I get the dreaded banner that says GTC is the default. I'm done with eBay. The type of product I sell doesn't warrant a store, or listing GTC. 19 years and $100K in sales. Done... Thanks eBay! 

Message 10 of 49
latest reply

Started for me (with store) today around 5pm EDT

Message 11 of 49
latest reply

This is going to be such a pain in the a$$.  I see NO benefit for eBay to be doing this.  I hope it really affects their profits. 

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

Same
Earlier had the 30 day duration, just did a draft & no longer there it's GTC or nothing 

GTC kicked in 3-19.JPG

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

This is ridiculous. Where do we complain?

Message 14 of 49
latest reply

Your only option is good till cancelled if you relist anything fixed price. I called ebay, they said there is no way to override it and no other options. I am not happy. This is my business, I should be allowed to control my listings. When they don't sell, I lower the price or send to auction, they took that option away. They need to change this back and now. I don't know what idiot came up with this, but we had the good to cancel option we could use if we wanted, they actually told me this would make it easier for me. I'm looking elsewhere, this is a big over reach.

Message 15 of 49
latest reply