cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD TILL CANCELED

DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THE GOOD TILL CANCELED STARTED FOR ALL BUY IT NOW? IM ASKING BECAUSE THEY GAVE ME A 200 LISTING NO INSERTIONS FEES AND I READ SOMEWHERE THAT ALL THE BUY IT NOW LISTINGS WILL END ON THEIR 30 DAYS IF THEY WERE LISTED PRIOR TO THE MANDATORY ALL BUY IT NOW ARE GOING TO BE LISTED AS GOOD TILL CANCELED STARTING SOMETIME THIS MONTH AND I GOT A LOT OF RELIST STUFF BUT SOME OF IT NOT WORTH TO LIST IF THEY ARE GOING TO BE GOOD TILL CANCELED LET ALONE 200 GOOD TILL CANCELED ILL PASS ON THE PROMOTION IM AFRAID TO USE THE LIST 200 FREE  BECAUSE OF THAT

THANK YOU

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: GOOD TILL CANCELED

Just changed for me.....at 6 PM my time.....

Called to complain earlier this month, and called to complain again today about this policy.

Ebay is almost never seller friendly.  

Customer rep in the Philippines was grateful for the feedback to pass on as the more complaints, the better ebay will listen.....

PLEASE CALL EBAY TO EXPRESS YOUR AVERSION TO THIS CHANGE

Message 16 of 49
latest reply

Call EBAY to Complain......the only way they will retract this new policy......
Message 17 of 49
latest reply

Call and complain if you don't like it. The rep I spoke with said they are keeping a log with user ids for complaints. Apparently alot of people aren't happy.

Message 18 of 49
latest reply

"When they don't sell, I lower the price or send to auction, they took that option away"

With GTC, you can lower the price anytime. You can end it and send it to auction anytime. Those options still exist.
Message 19 of 49
latest reply

LOL listing medical supplies 10 day auction hahahah I will never have another sale

Message 20 of 49
latest reply

I accepted the free listings also but didn't know about it till today when it ends tonight. This morning I was relisting away with the 30 day listings and had to go somewhere and this afternoon, BAM, other than auction, all listings have to be GTC! Hardly any of my listings are listed for more than $1 so I agree it is not worth putting on GTC.  I am now putting on auction but will probably not continue.  

Message 21 of 49
latest reply

Long term I think this could be good, but will cause some headaches in the short term, at least for me.

Message 22 of 49
latest reply

I was literally listing stuff an hour ago, got up to take the dog for a walk, I come back to pick up where I left off and I can't choose 30 day duration any more. I just got off the phone with ebay Customer Service and they said they just decided to make an update to rid the 30day or less duration on Fixed Price. I am sorry, but this is not acceptable. Where did I miss the communication? AND, when I look up the info on seller resources I see the attached. Why didn't they change the supporting documentation BEFORE you roll out the changes you were not going to inform anyone of?

I'm not happy!

ebayCapturea.JPG

Message 23 of 49
latest reply

LOL

Do you really think eBay cares? They wont change it. Their bull is that if you forget to relist something, you get an insertion fee. 

Because it's the same 30 days regardless for the cycle, the only differences are #1, they never fixed mobile to specify duration, so claiming sales are better one way is more than a bit misleading, it's straight dishonest. And #2, more sellers are already extremely busy (thanks eBay for finding ways to take some things off the sellers plate *sarcasm) they more often miss the Fixed Price listings from falling off when they never expire. So that is by habit *one* of the main ways sellers catch and manage under-performing sales. ESPECIALLY if they list hundreds of unique items. 

They know 100% what they are doing is a con to trick sellers into making more mistakes by design. There is absolutely no other way around it. We're not stupid. It's no surprise we see so many pop-up marketplaces, and guess what, they are all upping their games. My advise is to not hold eBay accountable, but to take names, hold the persons accountable within eBay. Those persons think they can hide behind a brand, don't let them. Simple as that. 

The only way I can see this being an honest switch to *HELP* sellers is simple, give store owners more included insertions, and not as a promotion, but by default. Then maybe they have some argument that they are trying to help sellers, and not just pinch pinch pinch little by little, at every opportunity. 

Message 24 of 49
latest reply

I called somebody and gave them my 2 cents, and then some. I'm waiting for somebody to call me back.

This change to the Selling format is not going to stick. No way. A BIG two thumbs down.

Message 25 of 49
latest reply

Yes this is ridiculous.  Things like this are the basic reason why they are being taken over by Other selling platforms. 

Message 26 of 49
latest reply

Good luck getting through. I've been on hold easily 20 minutes now with no end in sight.

Message 27 of 49
latest reply

I just got off the phone with customer service who spoke to the selling dept. If you select fixed price at relisting then it is now mandatory to do good till cancel. At 30 days ending they renew automatically and charge you a fee. So every 30 days you get charged if it does not sell. This is mandatory for all fixed price listings. There is no longer a 3, 5, 7, 10 or 30 days option for fixed price listings. Only auction listings get to select time frame of listing. This is do to an upgrade in Ebay new policies. It sucks and they will lose sellers. They advised me auction listings will be priority on how listings are ranked. So if you select fix listings then your at the bottom of the barrel. All listings that get relisted will be forced into good till cancelled unless you select auction listing.  So FYI

Message 28 of 49
latest reply

I have to agree with the comments in this thread.

I have a reason for choosing the duration of my fixed price items when I'm creating a listing. Whether it's a contractual obligation in a consignment program, I want to check my pricing later down the road, a motivator to hit fifty new items a month, it's important to me. When my business partner (Ebay) doesn't consult me before doing something so drastic it really is upsetting.  I hope this terrible idea goes up in flames quickly so that I can go back to creating revenue at a maximum level for both my family and my business partner Ebay. 

I kill myself keeping my feedback rating high, my shipping prompt, and my inventory fresh and flush. Having Ebay make my life more difficult to use their platform in yet one more way feels like a real kick in the teeth. 

Message 29 of 49
latest reply

Absolutely hate this change and taking CHOICE away!! I was wanting to time my ending auctions to a move I will be making, now instead will have to put the entire store on vacation until I get settled again, many days LOST!! I want CHOICE regardless!

Message 30 of 49
latest reply