cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GENERATE SALES - what do you do to get sales?

Just curious what other sellers are doing to help get buying traffic - do you use Social Media? Create sales? What works for you?

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: GENERATE SALES - what do you do to get sales?

Social media, forums, free listing sites, flyers, and word of mouth advertising by following up with previous customers. Your current customer base is your biggest asset in making future sales. 

Message 31 of 37
latest reply

Also taking care in shipping the item and using bubble wrap to insure a safe trip to the buyer.
I think the best thing you can do for your buyers is not shipping your items in used pizza boxes.
Message 32 of 37
latest reply

Maybe used pizza boxes deter porch pirates?
Message 33 of 37
latest reply

I have tried everything but on this site at least for now nothing is working. Like in the movie Josie Wales you know what I say to Ebay's changes, they are not worth diddly squat!

Message 34 of 37
latest reply

Social media is a good start. you can also use discounts for purchases that are more then one. EX: one item 0% off ,two items 3% ,off three items 4% off , or buy two get xx% off one.

Message 35 of 37
latest reply

I totally agree. Spent over 2 hours on the phone wit them today.  After speaking to 4 different people only 1 of my issues was solved.

@marymaker22 wrote:

Thank you for a very interesting tool.  I sincerely appreciate your generosity in sharing. 

Have you done any data analytics to find out what the eBay search engine really looks for?  I try to do everything eBay expects us to do, such as offering 30 to 60 day returns, free returns, no restocking, one day shipping, etc., etc.

I believe that only eBay promotions helps move our items. Of course, now, as a seller, I pay double what I used to pay   in monthly fees.   Not a path to profits....maybe a path to eliminating a little of my inventory.  That's all.  No more fun!

No more excitement in watching an auction take off!  Lots of glitches that eBay apologizes for!  Hours on the phone with Customer Service while being passed up to a 'team mate' while we are on hold!  So Sad!

Message 36 of 37
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.

Message 37 of 37
latest reply