cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Listings For All Or Some?

Sometimes I get free listings, 500 here or 50 there, and it is always appreciated. But I've had several friends comment that they don't ever get any free listings. I know I've heard that free listings are very sporadic and unpredictable, but I'm wondering how they decide on who gets the free listings? Also, do people who have eBay stores not get any free listings? Even though the store owners do get a larger set amount but shouldn't they get some too? Please share how many free listings you get per month, or every three months....I'm curious. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Free Listings For All Or Some?

19 years and I can count on one hand the offers I have received.

Yet I get the monthly offer to save when I sell my car, yet I have never listed one in all that time.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@ratpackranch I haven't receieved a promo in close to a year.  But, I am not a good candidate for a promo as I have a basic store and never go over my allotments and am not willing to pay any extra insertion fees.  In my opinion, the bots have determined who are good and candidates and who are not -- good candidates: people without stores, they may be interested in getting a store when they see all they list or sell with the promo; also good candidates, sellerss with basic stores who list over and beyond that who may be interested in upgrading to a preminium store after.  

I believe it to be extremely strategic who gets these promo offers but that's my gut instinct and previous business (PR) experience talking.

Happy 2018! May this upcoming year be a prosperous one!
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@ratpackranch wrote:

Sometimes I get free listings, 500 here or 50 there, and it is always appreciated. But I've had several friends comment that they don't ever get any free listings. I know I've heard that free listings are very sporadic and unpredictable, but I'm wondering how they decide on who gets the free listings? Also, do people who have eBay stores not get any free listings? Even though the store owners do get a larger set amount but shouldn't they get some too? Please share how many free listings you get per month, or every three months....I'm curious. Thanks

The last time I received some free listings was in April 2017. No one really knows who will receive them or not. Those 50 free listings everyone gets are used up very quickly, at least for me lol. 

Even if you have a store or not, you may or may not receive free listings for a long time. I don't have a store myself and I could really use some free listings promos, ditto for so many other sellers as well.

Keeping my fingers crossed, lol.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

In 2016, I was offered 200-500 free listings every month.  2017 - Nothing but the basic 50.  I'm grateful for the 50, but I sure do miss the 500.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Hi guys. I don't have a store so I get them pretty regularly. Maybe every couple of months. Sometimes free sometimes discount. I still get the 50 every month but that's the norm. 

Robin

RRR
Message 6 of 6
latest reply