cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

So eBay has completely let me down.

A rundown, eBay refunded the buyer on December 26th when I opened my last thread where my PayPal went negative. My appeal was denied despite sufficient evidence and even a police report against the buyer. 

A couple days ago the buyer opened another case on PAYPAL and then last night ebay DEBITED ME AGAIN(!!)??! To refund the buyer. 

basically the buyer got two refunds and now wants a third one.

CA80BEF5-1AB3-4687-80A1-93524787BE2E.jpeg

Original transaction refunded on December 26th caused my paypal account to go negative 

chargeback from buyer filed on saturday

and a refund to the buyer (again) from eBay last night

AND to top it all off now eBay is telling me I can’t sell anything anymore. Even though the buyer was the one trying to scam me. Now the buyer has TWO REFUNDS

AND MY BAG

and obviously they got greedy and wanted a third one from PayPal. Yet I am the one who is being punished unfairly. I have NEVER had any case opened against me (or even opened any kind of case against someone) in 10 years of buying and occasionally selling on eBay. 

So I basically lost nearly $8000 and a $6000 bag. 

I called PayPal and they told me it’s an eBay problem, I called eBay and they told me it’s a PayPal problem.

Completely unfair despite no history of claims and disputes opened against me, yet the buyer had abused this system before and eBay ADMITTED that! 
but they said there’s nothing they can do.

This can not be legal.

So what are my options here? I am livid. 

Message 1 of 473
latest reply
472 REPLIES 472

Re: Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@Anonymous 

Why was the case not automatically closed when the buyer opened a CCchargeback through PayPal?
Forget about OP’s appeal for a minute 

eBay policy states that if the buyer opens another dispute on PayPal the ebay dispute would be closed. 

Why was the buyer refunded despite opening another dispute? 

Message 226 of 473
latest reply

Thank you sooo much!! @iaintdoingit 

I really hope so! I sent the double charge statements again to both eBay and PayPal and I hope at least one of them will help in this case.

also pink champagne cake sounds SO good! I love everything pink!!

Message 227 of 473
latest reply

Thank you for the information Josh!

The charge was actually reported as fraudulent so hopefully they won’t held me liable especially since I sent them the bank statement of the same charges too

Message 228 of 473
latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

@eleanor*rigby wrote:

@style.by.me29 wrote:

General response:

If I recall correctly eBay seller protection just requires seller to ship the item to the correct address and with sig confirmation on orders over $750 correct? 

OP did all those things so why was the case and appeal not closed in her favor? 

@style.by.me29 

According to the eBay staff person who responded on this thread, if one reads between the lines, the tracking/delivery information was insufficient to support the seller, so the buyer was awarded a refund for their INR case.

Your loyalty to and belief in the OP is admirable, but that part of the case is over. The OP lost the INR. Clearly, tracking did not show in her favor or support her contention that the buyer had indeed received the item.

Hi everyone, I just want to reiterate what @eleanor*rigby has summarized - if a seller has proof of delivery, they will be protected. The OP has reported not being protected, we have reviewed the situation, and the correct action was taken. There may be incorrect information or missing details not shared on the boards that would provide the context missing here, but I can echo brian@ebay's earlier confirmation that the OP's case has been reviewed multiple times, in full detail and the correct decision was made in their case. While we won't be going into more detail here, the OP can contact Customer Service to clear up any confusion they may have.

So to sum it up the OP has lied to us 

Message 229 of 473
latest reply

It hasn't occurred to you that ebay could get it wrong?
Message 230 of 473
latest reply

To sum it up eBay couldn’t prove delivery BECAUSE it was delivered to the wrong address and then later corrected. They have no proof of what the buyer got and despite all my information and reports from USPS  CS reps have decided to believe the buyer who was the one that most likely lied to eBay 

You’re so quick to penalize me and not the buyer in this case... makes me wonder .....

Message 231 of 473
latest reply

I would file a case with USPS for mail fraud as the buyer is apparently claiming the 'redelivery' did not contain the bag (it can't have as she "didn't get it" according to the ebay dispute).

Message 232 of 473
latest reply

You do realize that eBay is highly biased against buyers right?

Message 233 of 473
latest reply

Why was the case not automatically closed when the buyer opened a CCchargeback through PayPal?

Here's how to analyze this story, in all its twists.

Fact 1. Ebay has stated that they reviewed the case, multiple times, and provided/declined protection according to the expected, published rules.

Fact 2. The rules are pretty clear.

There does seem some chance that concurrent clawbacks occurred, but if so, we can be pretty confident that it will get straightened out eventually.  Pretty much everything else seems final.

Message 234 of 473
latest reply

@style.by.me29 wrote:

What????????????????????????????????????  Please explain because I want to hear what you have to say.

Seller since 09/20/01 ~~ this is my posting ID.
Message 235 of 473
latest reply

@style.by.me29 wrote:

@style.by.me29 

I'm not sure you'll get too many sellers in this thread to agree with you.

ETA: Oh, I see I cross-posted with one seller who's already weighed in on your comment. LOL! <<<----- In lieu of emoji.

Message 236 of 473
latest reply

@iaintdoingit   oops! I made a mistake, too late to edit

I meant towards buyers not against, sorry haha!

Message 237 of 473
latest reply

@iaintdoingit wrote:

Have you ever seen a double sided puzzle?  That what this is!  Mind blowing -- just mind blowing.

I have seen them, but have never done one.  And YES I believe you are right.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 238 of 473
latest reply

Made a mistake @eleanor*rigby I meant towards not against! 

Message 239 of 473
latest reply

There may be incorrect information or missing details not shared on the boards that would provide the context missing here

You can't be more clear than that while following rules about privacy.

Message 240 of 473
latest reply