cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

So eBay has completely let me down.

A rundown, eBay refunded the buyer on December 26th when I opened my last thread where my PayPal went negative. My appeal was denied despite sufficient evidence and even a police report against the buyer. 

A couple days ago the buyer opened another case on PAYPAL and then last night ebay DEBITED ME AGAIN(!!)??! To refund the buyer. 

basically the buyer got two refunds and now wants a third one.

CA80BEF5-1AB3-4687-80A1-93524787BE2E.jpeg

Original transaction refunded on December 26th caused my paypal account to go negative 

chargeback from buyer filed on saturday

and a refund to the buyer (again) from eBay last night

AND to top it all off now eBay is telling me I can’t sell anything anymore. Even though the buyer was the one trying to scam me. Now the buyer has TWO REFUNDS

AND MY BAG

and obviously they got greedy and wanted a third one from PayPal. Yet I am the one who is being punished unfairly. I have NEVER had any case opened against me (or even opened any kind of case against someone) in 10 years of buying and occasionally selling on eBay. 

So I basically lost nearly $8000 and a $6000 bag. 

I called PayPal and they told me it’s an eBay problem, I called eBay and they told me it’s a PayPal problem.

Completely unfair despite no history of claims and disputes opened against me, yet the buyer had abused this system before and eBay ADMITTED that! 
but they said there’s nothing they can do.

This can not be legal.

So what are my options here? I am livid. 

Message 1 of 473
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

Also eBay is not taking responsibility for the double charge! What are my options here?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 220 of 473
latest reply
472 REPLIES 472

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

brian@ebay 

@Anonymous 

alan@ebay 

Explanation, please.

As I recall, this was an INR case where seller had tracking proving delivery, with a signature. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

I'm so confused by all of this.  The OP has kept in contact with me and there is some odd stuff happening here.  Clearly something that I'm missing to be sure.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 3 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

As I recall, this was an INR case where seller had tracking proving delivery, with a signature. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't think the blues will comment on a specific case between a seller and a buyer (which is how is should be, of course); however, perhaps there's something we don't know about this transaction. Maybe something from the buyer's side?

Message 4 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

Exactly. Its major contribution over 2 posts there was only to warn us not to post tracking numbers.

Message 5 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

Yes exactly! I have provided all proof to eBay, even got a USPS employee to speak to a high value claims rep to basically clear up all confusion on the fact that the item was in-fact delivered to the buyer. 

yet the double refund

+ a PayPal case. (Which is against eBay’s rules)

yet I’m being punished.

Message 6 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

And, on top of it all an account restriction....so I agree there are missing puzzle pieces. I suspect that eBay will not discuss this in detail for business reasons that are understandable.  This is an unfortunate situation for all involved. 

Message 7 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@eleanor*rigby wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

I don't think the blues will comment on a specific case between a seller and a buyer (which is how is should be, of course); however, perhaps there's something we don't know about this transaction. Maybe something from the buyer's side?

They won't, we all have been around long enough to know that.  But far more important than our curiosity over this situation is getting some assistance for the OP so they can resolve their issues.  It was bad enough to be out the money once, but twice now.  More than a bit of an issue to be sure.

Nothing on either side of this issue should cause a refund being processed twice by Ebay.  I get that there is obviously something we don't know about this transaction, I get that.  But a double refund.  And one this size.  That's a real issue.  

Message 8 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@epowerbargains wrote:

And, on top of it all an account restriction....so I agree there are missing puzzle pieces. I suspect that eBay will not discuss this in detail for business reasons that are understandable.  This is an unfortunate situation for all involved. 

Certainly not with us.  That would be completely wrong, but they should discuss it with the OP.  They should tell the OP exactly what caused the issue.  IMHO they have no right to withhold that information.

Message 9 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

WOW. Do you even have that kind of money sitting in a bank account to cover this? I'd be pulling all my banking from PP & closing a those accounts up fast with my personal bank if something like this happened to me. I'd pull all credit cards on fill with them or call them and ask them to be closed and report lost cards or something. I wouldn't wait out anymore of somebody making this right! If you don't have this sort of money in any accounts your going to have payment bouncing like crazy and end up in jail over INSF charges. I'd say time to contact a lawyer! This should not be happening since buyer already has their money back. Since the first refund went thru Paypal which already put your account in the negative over $3000. Why in the heck would ebay turn around and charge you for that amount again. Is it because they paid the buyer themselves because you removed all the money to start after the payment and buyer actually didn't get their money? Completely confusing!

Message 10 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

Pretty  d---  shocking!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 11 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

This is messed up as a soup sandwich.

I was hoping for good news for you and I look forward to posts from those with more knowledge than I.

Message 12 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

r8ylee
Thrill-Seeker

@shoppingisfun.x 

This may not mean much, but want to post this to you:

This is deeply shocking news from your latest update.

I'm reeling from the fact that another refund is credited to the buyer - how can this be possible?!?

I hope the sincere posters + the platform officials can resolve these most unfortunate events of yours.

Do please ignore negative posters who just want to derail/cause further confusion to your latest thread -

"Stay grounded".

Still rooting for you @shoppingisfun.x 

Message 13 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

@shoppingisfun.x wrote:

and a refund to the buyer (again) from eBay last night

This says it was a payment for "Ebay Seller Fees and Reimbursements" ... so it was an automatic payment for an eBay Selling Invoice.

I believe that this means that the refund from the seller's PayPal account didn't go through for some reason, and eBay paid the original refund, and charged it to the seller's account. I had this happen to me once (I was the buyer) when the seller's PayPal account didn't have enough funds, so the refund was issued as an echeck, which bounced (twice). Then eBay refunded me and charged the seller's account.

As for the disputed payment/chargeback in PayPal, PayPal has a record that the payment has been refunded, so they are fighting the chargeback. This may have been by the buyer, although they're unlikely to be successful. However, it's also possible that the buyer used a stolen credit card, and now the actual owner of the card has filed a dispute with their credit card company. 

Message 14 of 473
latest reply

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

It’s too late now since PayPal removed they funds from my bank account (I didn’t know they could do that without permission??) and there’s a separate charge to one of my attached credit cards from eBay 

and to top it all off I can’t sell on eBay anymore (not that I want to...) 

because of unknown reasons, I was just on the phone with CS reps and they told me they can’t disclose why I was restricted from selling.

I hardly sell on eBay too and most of the things I sell aren’t even high value..

nor have I had any cases opened against me in the 11 years I’ve been with eBay 

Message 15 of 473
latest reply