cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

So eBay has completely let me down.

A rundown, eBay refunded the buyer on December 26th when I opened my last thread where my PayPal went negative. My appeal was denied despite sufficient evidence and even a police report against the buyer. 

A couple days ago the buyer opened another case on PAYPAL and then last night ebay DEBITED ME AGAIN(!!)??! To refund the buyer. 

basically the buyer got two refunds and now wants a third one.

CA80BEF5-1AB3-4687-80A1-93524787BE2E.jpeg

Original transaction refunded on December 26th caused my paypal account to go negative 

chargeback from buyer filed on saturday

and a refund to the buyer (again) from eBay last night

AND to top it all off now eBay is telling me I can’t sell anything anymore. Even though the buyer was the one trying to scam me. Now the buyer has TWO REFUNDS

AND MY BAG

and obviously they got greedy and wanted a third one from PayPal. Yet I am the one who is being punished unfairly. I have NEVER had any case opened against me (or even opened any kind of case against someone) in 10 years of buying and occasionally selling on eBay. 

So I basically lost nearly $8000 and a $6000 bag. 

I called PayPal and they told me it’s an eBay problem, I called eBay and they told me it’s a PayPal problem.

Completely unfair despite no history of claims and disputes opened against me, yet the buyer had abused this system before and eBay ADMITTED that! 
but they said there’s nothing they can do.

This can not be legal.

So what are my options here? I am livid. 

Message 1 of 473
latest reply
472 REPLIES 472

Re: Fraudulent buyer UPDATE

Thank you so much, this means a lot to me!

I don’t have any answers and eBay isn’t disclosing anything to me 😞 

Message 16 of 473
latest reply

But then I checked my bank account today and there is a separate charge  for 3825 on January 4th  and there’s a completed charge on my credit card for 3825 on my credit card 

Message 17 of 473
latest reply

@shoppingisfun.x wrote:

But then I checked my bank account today and there is a separate charge  for 3825 on January 4th  and there’s a completed charge on my credit card for 3825 on my credit card 

Well that answers the question on how your PP account became positive again.  

Both of those transactions had to of been processed by PP.  It has always been my understanding that PP doesn't allow refunds that exceed the amount originally received on the transaction.  So it seems to me that while Ebay has ownership in this for even trying to process a double claim, PP does too because they never should have processed a second FULL refund on a transaction.

UNLESS Ebay put the charge on your Seller Invoice, you should check that right away.  If they put it on your Seller Invoice and then you have it set up to be paid from your PP account.  That could answer how and why PP process the second amount as they wouldn't know it was on the original buyer transaction.  What PP would see is that it was in payment of your Ebay fees.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 18 of 473
latest reply

I actually only had about a $400 final value fee for this item and I called  eBay CS and they decided to waive the final value fee

And my invoice after that was 0.00$ 

I think it was done automatically because remember the original email that said they were gonna debit me in 10 days? 
I think they automatically did that BUT they didn’t realize that they already forced the refund from my account on Dec 26 directly to the buyer!

Message 19 of 473
latest reply

@shoppingisfun.x wrote:

OK, so most likely, the $3825 on your credit card is to pay your eBay Selling Invoice as shown in your screenshot (because I don't think that eBay accepts a bank account for payment, although you could have given them a debit card).

Where did the payment from your bank account on Jan 4 go to? Your PayPal account? You should follow up on that and find out where that money has gone to.

Message 20 of 473
latest reply

Well my PayPal was negative until January 4th and then all of a sudden it was positive again but I was confused as to why it suddenly went positive and there was no other activity on my PayPal other than past transactions from December 

however it seemed like it didn’t hit my bank until today and when I checked it there was a charge for 3825 (which was charged on January 4th)
plus the charge on my credit card For 3825 which was charged by eBay last night 

Message 21 of 473
latest reply

@shoppingisfun.x wrote:

Well my PayPal was negative until January 4th and then all of a sudden it was positive again but I was confused as to why it suddenly went positive and there was no other activity on my PayPal other than past transactions from December 

however it seemed like it didn’t hit my bank until today and when I checked it there was a charge for 3825 (which was charged on January 4th)
plus the charge on my credit card For 3825 which was charged by eBay last night 

Well, if the buyer was refunded $3825 from your PayPal account, AND  you were billed $3825 from eBay for the reimbursement, then you will need to straighten that out by calling eBay Customer Service.

Message 22 of 473
latest reply

@mam98031@shoppingisfun.x 

The last thread ended with "This topic is now closed at the request of the OP. Thanks for understanding."

Was there anything in the OP's request that caused the more recent 'stuff'? Or the OP's loss of seller status?

Not to muddy the waters, but geez... are y'all privy to anything that you can share here?

Message 23 of 473
latest reply

Oh no I actually contacted the mods to moderate the thread and remove the unnecessary comments but they ended up locking it instead 😅

Message 24 of 473
latest reply

@shoppingisfun.x:

Are you sure that this payment isn't the same one as the $3825 that was taken from your bank account? It doesn't show what payment method was used for this in screenshot.

@lacemaker3 wrote:

@shoppingisfun.x wrote:

Message 25 of 473
latest reply

I actually called both eBay and PayPal a couple times today already and I had them both in a 3 way call but eBay said it’s PayPal’s issue and PayPal said it’s eBay’s issue 

and neither of them could help me.

the ebay CS reps were also incredibly rude to me even though despite the situation I was being calm and talking nicely with them

Message 26 of 473
latest reply

No this one was to my credit card (on Jan 5th)

Message 27 of 473
latest reply

@shoppingisfun.x wrote:

I actually only had about a $400 final value fee for this item and I called  eBay CS and they decided to waive the final value fee

And my invoice after that was 0.00$ 

I think it was done automatically because remember the original email that said they were gonna debit me in 10 days? 
I think they automatically did that BUT they didn’t realize that they already forced the refund from my account on Dec 26 directly to the buyer!

Have you checked it since the Ebay notification to you of the second refund?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 28 of 473
latest reply

It’s still 0.00$

I’m just in shock! I can’t believe ebay would do this to me and not the buyer in this case

Message 29 of 473
latest reply

At this point in time you I have nothing to lose by doing a credit card chargeback. Claim it's an unauthorized charge

Message 30 of 473
latest reply