cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Neg in 10 plus years

Image1.jpg

So I get a neg feedback today. The buyer claims I did not respond to him. I contacted him and let him know that I never received any messages from him. He then sends me this screen shot, prior to editing of course. I was polite and nice. But he demanded $20.00 for the feedback removal. I told him I was not going to do that, if he had sent a nice message I would have gladly worked with him. 

I then requested a feedback removal, but it is just automated stuff and ebay quickly denied it. So then I went to chat and explained the situation that the buyer was violating the feedback extortion policy. She agreed, but had to send it to an expert to review. I'm now in limbo waiting.  

Message 1 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

First, sorry about the neg.  Several have had them removed recently by messaging on FB.  Yours should be easy based on his email, etc.

Second, wowza, is he a friendly little fella or what?  Goodness.  All this over a sticker.  

And it is only Monday.  😞

(5) eBay for Business | Facebook

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 2 of 52
latest reply

Agreed, abusive negative needs to be removed. Not only extortion but calling you stupid is a violation in the actual feedback. This guy needs to be kicked off eBay. Keep us informed.

Good luck to you

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

@forward-motion wrote:

I then requested a feedback removal, but it is just automated stuff and ebay quickly denied it. So then I went to chat and explained the situation that the buyer was violating the feedback extortion policy. She agreed, but had to send it to an expert to review. I'm now in limbo waiting.  

At least he spelled out the extortion fairly clearly.

Just out of curiosity, what's all the complaining about a sticker on the lens? Your listing photo doesn't show one.

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

I have a sticker that I put on every order thanking them for the purchase and if there is any problem to contact me first. This is the first time anyone said it was a problem. In fact people DO contact me first with problems before turning a return request in. 

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

I will keep you informed. I was polite the whole conversation, and he wanted nothing to do with that. And I was not going to give into his demands. You have to be nice. 

Message 6 of 52
latest reply

Yeah, I never got this message, I'm assuming ebay blocked it. I also did not know the sticker was a problem because no one ever said anything. I will change the way it it stuck on from now on so this does not happen. I can easily adjust. But a nice message saying they were not happy would have gotten him the 20 bucks. 

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

WOW, I thought VW owners in general were pretty calm, even tempered folks.

Your NEG should get removed with no problem based on his message

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

@forward-motion wrote:

I have a sticker that I put on every order thanking them for the purchase and if there is any problem to contact me first.  

Ouch. Again just out of curiosity: have you actually tried removing your own sticker after leaving it in place for several days? Something that's easily peelable minutes after it's been applied can still be a nightmare later on after the air-exposed adhesive has cured in place. I would suggest maybe sticking them on the back of the item in future. Mister Miffed here may not have had whatever solvent would be needed to get the sticky stuff off.

(None of this excuses his behavior.)

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

Oh I get it. I never knew there was a problem. I assure you tomorrow I will do something different. 

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

Indeed.  Adhesive stickers can be a real problem when it comes to removing them.  Some are okay, but some can be a complete nightmare.  Especially when they're on something you can't use the solvent on (books for example).  Usually those come off in pieces anyway, which really doesn't help in trying to keep whatever they're on in nice shape.

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

I will be changing it tomorrow with all new orders. 

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

why would you put stickers on the front of a tail light?

That's great you want to thank your buyers for their purchases, but doing so by forcing them to spend an hour scraping sticky goo off their item is not a great way to do it. Obviously this is going to make people mad.

Why not use a separate card or printout?

Feedback extortion doesn't sit well with ebay. Every buyer who's tried this with me had their account terminated. They can't ask for money in exchange for feedback removal. The profanity gets them suspended as well.

It probably never occurred to your buyer that profanity laced messages could be flagged by ebay and not transmitted to others as a result.

I would try and get a customer service rep on the phone, rather than using chat. Its possible they may not remove the feedback until the issue is resolved, but the feedback extortion usually takes precedence.

Message 13 of 52
latest reply

A $20 discount on a $64 taillight is an absurd demand, sticky sticker or not.  Cannot be this guy's first rodeo on wanting a discount.  And who emails/talks like that?  This is not the Sopranos.

Please remember to report this guy as a Buyer and indicate he was "abusive".  Sometimes helps in the "get this FB removed" efforts.  I am sure you added to your BBL, already, correct?

Sorry - what a carpy Monday.  

(Sellers need pre-printed post-it notes for the azz-hat Buyer days):

1.  Add azz-hat Buyer to my BBL before I respond.  Some buyers are lightning fast to buy again.

2.  Report Buyer to e-Bay before I respond.  Remember to not call buyer azzhat when s/w CS

3.  Send e-mail template reply to Buyer, created on a day when not dealing with azz-hat Buyer

4.  Check freezer for Mr Belvedere as today is azz-hat buyer day, need at the ready

5.  Go to the Boards - need a witty, calm reply to red donut FB from azz-hat

6.  Remember to take a break from azz-hat Buyer - go outside, yell "I hate azz-hat buyers" - wave to neighbor lady next door and smile even though 

7.  Find Mr. Belvedere - tomorrow will be a better day.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 14 of 52
latest reply

You're putting stickers on the items????  I would NOT do that!   I'd be really annoyed if I bought something & it had a sticker on it that wasn't shown.  Put it on a note, card or piece of paper, but not on the item itself.  I imagine that could be a huge mess, esp during the hot summer months when it leaves all kinds of goop.  Ugghh.  I HATE removing stickers from stuff.  

That said, he was way out of line coming at you like that.  But, don't put stickers on your items, that's gonna annoy a lot of people, whether they tell you or not. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 15 of 52
latest reply