cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Neg . . . Heartbroken 😳😥

I received my first negative today and am absolutely heartbroken. I try so hard to be good to my buyers but I was not even given a warning that this lady was un-happy. Just a negative without reason. I would have given a refund or corrected whatever was an issue if she had contacted me. I have sent a message to the buyer to find out what about the auction that made her think she would be receiving 3 of the items instead of the 1 she purchased as I do not want to have it happen again. If she purchased 3 I did not receive and order for 3 I only received an order for 1? I just feel this is so unfair. ðŸ˜³ðŸ˜¥

Message 1 of 155
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

On the customer with the damaged package, I would request a picture of the package before doing anything or offering anything.  If this buyer isn't responding to you, there is a reason, so don't push it.  Ask for the pic and then wait.  As far as Ebay is concerned, you are covered since tracking shows delivered.  Just be patient and give your buyer time to respond.  But do request the pic.

As to the other buyer.  I think it was the pic that confused them.  But JMHO.

mam98031  â€¢  Volunteer Community Member  â€¢  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 20 of 155
latest reply
154 REPLIES 154

Not to say that this is the case, but scammers often depend on the seller feeling devastated to get what they want from them.  Smiley Sad

I hope it is something that can be worked out or a simple misunderstanding.  Smiley Happy

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 155
latest reply

You should of held off replying to feedback. Laughing at a buyer is not professional.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 155
latest reply

The first one hurts the worst. Smiley Sad

That said, your auction listing has a photo of four items.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 4 of 155
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Yep..........NEVER show more than what you are selling in the picture.............

Message 5 of 155
latest reply

oh my, I did not mean it in that way. I was not laughing at the buyer. I feel I am always professional to my buyers. If it is perceived that way I need to change it? I am just saying I do not understand where the order for the other 2 items went? I only received an order for 1?

Message 6 of 155
latest reply

But I have a photo of the item being sold and as well as photos of all the colors available? It says in really big letters for the other colors to see my other auctions? Also, is there a way to revise feedback? I looked and what I replied does not come across the way I meant so I would like to change it?

Message 7 of 155
latest reply

You can’t revise your feedback.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 8 of 155
latest reply

No, you can't change your reply.

Message 9 of 155
latest reply

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Yes, there is a picture of all available colors as well as a picture of the actual item. If she wanted three of the colors I am only finding a purchase for

Message 10 of 155
latest reply

Oh, no, your reply is worse than her feedback. Thank goodness most people don’t really look at it anymore.

I haven’t looked at the listing, but you should let some of the posters walk you through how to avoid confusion in the future.

Message 11 of 155
latest reply

If you make nice she might change her feedback? There is a way to do that.

and I don’t mean give her free product, just try to work out the misunderstanding!

Message 12 of 155
latest reply

@mysalonsavings wrote:

Yes, there is a picture of all available colors as well as a picture of the actual item. If she wanted three of the colors I am only finding a purchase for 1 of the colors which was the bronze. I checked PayPal also and am only finding an order for the one bronze. I am not sure how to handle this. 

Message 13 of 155
latest reply

The photo of 4 items along with the price could easily have confused your buyer. There are 3 packs of this item in a smaller size listed for about 1/3 of the price. Your response to the feedback has probably eliminated any chance of the buyer working with you to remove it.  A potential buyer seeing that response would probably hit the back button and move on to a different seller. I have purchased from you in the past and was very pleased, but you really shot yourself in the foot here. Your feedback in this category is probably a real deal breaker and it might be time to consider starting fresh.

Message 14 of 155
latest reply

Although, I'm a male person - I'm writing this to any general product that has more than one

color of choice.

"But I have a photo of the item being sold and as well as photos of all the colors available?"

@mysalonsavings 

This is to avoid future "misunderstandings" from your potential customers, you may want to 

consider using Multi-Variation listings - if you have other colors available to sell at similar price.

Thanks to @shipscript,  below is a guide on how to create a Multi-Variations listing to sell your wares:

"You should be able to upload 12 photos for each option within a variation attribute. That means every selectable item (in only one droplist) can have 12 photos each.  Here are two guides that might help you find your way.

Quick Guide

http://shipscript.com/ebayhelp/lister_hub/creating_ebay_variations_quickguide.htm

Detailed Guide

http://shipscript.com/ebayhelp/lister_hub/creating_ebay_variations.htm" "

(credits to @shipscript )

However, if you only have single color or item, generally, it is unwise to show other items 

together with the SALE item.  Still, there are some single item that you have listed and you

did not show other variables (items) in the photos.  I do not know whether those photos

were stock photos that you have used regarding this particular issue of yours.

By the time, this is posted. Some other more enlightened member may have given you much

more substantial information.

-

Lucas

*still rollin' with the punches*

Message 15 of 155
latest reply